Unofficial, alpha 50 weekly build

A secret forum for people who preorder Overgrowth!
SinKing

Re: Unofficial, alpha 50 weekly build

Post by SinKing » Tue Oct 27, 2009 2:00 pm

it didn't change anything for me. What about the others? I can select everything, but nothing happens, except those buttons get highlighted.

Froyok

Post by Froyok » Tue Oct 27, 2009 2:01 pm

Jeff wrote:Hey guys, this should fix the buttons-not-working issue!
That still works for me, nobody answers, whatever is the button.
[EDIT] Hay SinKing, you are not alone ! Come with me ! :P

Jeff
Evil Twin

Post by Jeff » Tue Oct 27, 2009 2:17 pm

In addition to the ribbon HTML, you must change the "panel" for it to work. Easiest way is to hit ctrl-r and then escape.

If I get time, I might release a new alpha to fix this.

tuck

Post by tuck » Tue Oct 27, 2009 2:52 pm

Sparrow15 wrote:I've got the same buttons-not-working issue. In addition, I can't load any of the rabbit models I found in Overgrowth a50/Contents/MacOS (or Resources, I can't remember)/Models/Characters
There are files called IGF_Turner.obj and IGF_Wolf.obj! I want to see those models!
You need to load them from Contents/MacOS/Data/Objects/IGF_Characters/ as far as I know. Then again it always crashes when I load one and try to place it.

I wish someone could help me on this. Wanna try out the models as well. :(

camino1961

Post by camino1961 » Tue Oct 27, 2009 3:43 pm

Wow. For the price, this is incredible.

camino1961.com :shock: :D

Dalton0419

Post by Dalton0419 » Tue Oct 27, 2009 4:54 pm

I cant use the windows download, didnt work on 49 either, I could however use the mac download on my macbook. Im not sure whats wrong, it just loads and does nothing, tried turning off pop up blocker but that did nothing.

SinKing

Post by SinKing » Tue Oct 27, 2009 5:04 pm

you can use the shortcuts from this link to get the editor to work without using the interface (ctrl-r to use rigging):

http://blog.wolfire.com/2009/03/map-editor-controls/

Loading the rabbits and rigging works fine now. They are in this location:

Overgrowth/Overgrowth-a50/data/objects/IGF_Characters/IGF_Guard (etc)

Works well nuff now and I don't think I'll use the interface much anyway. It would be so muc easier if there was a site with all the controls in one place, or even just a pdf with all the shortcuts.

My problem now is that when I press crtl-t the editor crashes every time, so I don't get to animate, even though the rigging seems to work. I tried placing more bones, less bones...but nothing seems to be just right. The system itself is very cool, though.

Dalton0419

Post by Dalton0419 » Tue Oct 27, 2009 6:20 pm

Jeff wrote:In addition to the ribbon HTML, you must change the "panel" for it to work. Easiest way is to hit ctrl-r and then escape.

If I get time, I might release a new alpha to fix this.
How do I change the panel on a mac?

Jeff
Evil Twin

Post by Jeff » Tue Oct 27, 2009 6:29 pm

Select an object, hit cmd-r, and then press escape.

RabidRabbit

Post by RabidRabbit » Wed Oct 28, 2009 1:30 am

Gahhhh, No updater. WHY MUST YOU TEASE ME!

peerless

Post by peerless » Wed Oct 28, 2009 7:21 pm

Loogahroo wrote: I don't seem to be able to load the levels on the overgrowth menu. I see the inked "test map 1", click on the load part and nothing happens. Tried opening custom map from the levels option and still nothing. The menu works because I can click exit and FAQ, but that's not what I want to do haha.

Thanks again and great to see new vids and more progress! Keep it going guys!
I am also observing this exact issue on a Macbook Pro. Are we missing something or is this a bug in this release?

edit: aha. The serial number field is missing in alpha 50. After entering it into alpha 49, I can load 50's maps.

Nico

Post by Nico » Wed Oct 28, 2009 10:22 pm

SinKing wrote:you can use the shortcuts from this link to get the editor to work without using the interface (ctrl-r to use rigging):

It would be so muc easier if there was a site with all the controls in one place, or even just a pdf with all the shortcuts.
I do not know about Windows, but I know that on a Mac you can print a webpage (or anything for that matter) as a PDF. This can be done as simply as pressing Command+P and then going to the bottom left hand corner and clicking "Save as PDF".

However, for your convenience, I have uploaded the PDF here. Unfortunately, this PDF is not entirely up to date.
Attachments
Overgrowth Map Editor Controls.pdf
Overgrowth Map Editor Controls
(82 KiB) Downloaded 24 times

camino1961

Post by camino1961 » Thu Oct 29, 2009 1:49 am

Nico wrote:
SinKing wrote:you can use the shortcuts from this link to get the editor to work without using the interface (ctrl-r to use rigging):

It would be so muc easier if there was a site with all the controls in one place, or even just a pdf with all the shortcuts.
I do not know about Windows, but I know that on a Mac you can print a webpage (or anything for that matter) as a PDF. This can be done as simply as pressing Command+P and then going to the bottom left hand corner and clicking "Save as PDF".

However, for your convenience, I have uploaded the PDF here. Unfortunately, this PDF is not entirely up to date.
Yo Nico, keep going dude. We need something like this. It looks great and will definitely be helpful to the community.
camino1961.com :D

Raziel

Post by Raziel » Thu Oct 29, 2009 8:09 am

Hey thanks for the pdf.
Mine is still crashing when I hit ctrl+t to rig... :?

Froyok

Post by Froyok » Thu Oct 29, 2009 9:39 pm

ALT-Crash

With this Alpha I discovered a bug for me :
when I select an object, choose translate tool, and push ALT key, the game crash. At the instant, I've played with the rabbot, I go to map, and hop, crash. No erro. Just the shutdown of the program.

I thinked the problem can be from after a lot of translate and other (as a leak in memory after some huge edition), but, now I don't know what think.
That's can be a problem with my map and a bad xml ?