Pre Order Community Model Pack

A secret forum for people who preorder Overgrowth!
tkaza

Pre Order Community Model Pack

Post by tkaza » Wed Nov 04, 2009 9:17 am

Ill be releasing models for use in your OG mods, there free to use but please read the distribution license and copyright.

Thanks to john, jeff and all the other hard working wolfire devs, this is my thank you to you and your community.

Release 1#
Signpost.
Attachments
sign-og-community-release.zip
Signpost.
(1.54 MiB) Downloaded 41 times

Endoperez

Re: Pre Order Community Model Pack

Post by Endoperez » Wed Nov 04, 2009 9:44 am

Wow, that's a great texture! I haven't released my few Overgrowth-inspired works yet, mostly because I still suck at textures...

If you're going to do lots of these, it would be useful to start dividing them in subfolders already, so that you don't have to go through the old XML files and change them if you e.g. want to have objects (xml) and models (.obj) in different folders.
It would also be better to have them all go in the same folder for everyone, e.g. /Data/Custom/TK-3d . That way levels will work in different computers.

I haven't checked it out in game yet, but I'd also like to check it out in Blender to see how you did those branch-stumps. Would that be all right? The license already forbids me from modifying or editing it.

tkaza

Post by tkaza » Wed Nov 04, 2009 9:55 am

Endoperez wrote: If you're going to do lots of these, it would be useful to start dividing them in subfolders already, so that you don't have to go through the old XML files and change them if you e.g. want to have objects (xml) and models (.obj) in different folders.
It would also be better to have them all go in the same folder for everyone, e.g. /Data/Custom/TK-3d . That way levels will work in different computers.

I haven't checked it out in game yet, but I'd also like to check it out in Blender to see how you did those branch-stumps. Would that be all right? The license already forbids me from modifying or editing it.
Noted, this texture has some things that need fixing so ill update the xml and file structure in a hotfix as per your recommendations.

As for the model it was all poly modeled from a concept sheet i was scribbling on, extrude on edge for the branch stumps and splines to make the bendy parts a bit easier to handle.

Yes feel free to open the file in blender to have a look.

Glad you like the model, im happy with the results myself.

Endoperez

Post by Endoperez » Wed Nov 04, 2009 10:44 am

I really like the way you did the branch-points. It's a nice trick for the effect, and I had never seen it before. :lol: I've not modeled much, and haven't seen that many models either.

You seem to have missed the ropes' endpoints in the texture, or at least they show up very light in Overgrowth.

tkaza

Post by tkaza » Wed Nov 04, 2009 8:25 pm

Texture hot fix.

Please remove your old signdiffuse.tga_converted.dds and place this .tga in the same directory.
The game will convert it so after the first run, remove the tga.

*Fixes the silver ends on ropes.
Attachments
signdiffuse.zip
*Fixes the silver ends on ropes.
(1.39 MiB) Downloaded 38 times

John

Post by John » Thu Nov 05, 2009 2:20 am

Tkaza is a champion!

a_bloke_101
Location: In a blimp high above you, (yes I can see you right now)!

Post by a_bloke_101 » Thu Nov 05, 2009 2:26 am

wicked man these are great hope they get used in the game =D

tkaza

Post by tkaza » Thu Nov 05, 2009 12:19 pm

Thank you for all your kind comments and feedback, means alot :)

This one didn't turn out aswell as i hoped, the rope was aids, the normals were aids, the uv.. you get the idea, it looks ok but really needs a fresh uv and bake to fix the rope issues..

Release 2#
Wheelbarrow + Wheel.

Due to issues getting it ingame and lack of time, i haven't yet amended the layout as promised however all models from this point forward will be setup to use /custom/tk-3d/...

I learn't allot about making wood textures in this model so please bare with the changing texture quality over the model.

#Note the model is in two parts, wheel and barrow, wheel is using a 512x512 map.
When i find out how to have 2 models with 2 uvs on one xml ill hot fix it, to stop it being so fiddly.

Enjoy
Attachments
barrow-og-community-release.zip
Wheelbarrow
(1.16 MiB) Downloaded 38 times

mphasis

Post by mphasis » Thu Nov 05, 2009 4:37 pm

Awesome.
Keep up the good work

Sajber

Post by Sajber » Mon Nov 09, 2009 5:34 pm

This should be added to the Community Content Pack 2.0.
viewtopic.php?f=13&t=4834

Is Jo-Shadow still active here and able to fix this?

TheBigCheese

Post by TheBigCheese » Mon Nov 09, 2009 10:06 pm

I haven't actually seen Jo-Shadow in a while. :?

Johannes

Post by Johannes » Tue Dec 08, 2009 5:26 am

Hey, yeah I haven't been that active recently. See my reply to the content pack 2.0 post for details.