Arena Pack

A secret forum for people who preorder Overgrowth!
Hale

Arena Pack

Post by Hale » Wed Dec 02, 2009 2:28 am

Lately I've paraded a few screenshots of my latest maps around in the IRC, so finally I decided it was about time to release these maps. I put together this pack of three maps, all featuring a sort of "Arena" style. So, instead of my prior Riverhurst or Foothold, these maps are far more closed and have an actual purpose. Here is an overview of each map layout...

As you can see, each map is modest in size. Arena 1 doesn't even have over 2000 objects, and the others don't even attempt reach Riverhurst's object count at all. Here's the thing, I decided that it'd be nice to make a few thoroughly playable levels. Of course, someday when we have multiplayer, it'd be fun to brawl it out with bots or maybe even other players.

Another thing to notice, since these maps took far less time to create, I am now more willing to make any adjustments that you guys feel necessary. Also, there are probably a few mistakes in there somewhere, I'm sure they'll be obvious. So any suggestions or criticism is welcome!

--------------------------------------------------------------

Okay, so in the download you have 3 folders: 'Levels', 'Objects', and 'Textures'. Put all the files in each of those folders in their respective Overgrowth Data folder. Also note in the 'Textures' folder there is another folder inside, simply put the contents of 'CatBrickWall' into it's respective folder in the Alpha. Finally, you'll also receive a 'Shadowmaps' zip file. Unzip this and put this into your textures folder. This is if you want to experience the Arena maps with precalculated Shadows and AO.

Aight! Just so you guys all know, I will now be shifting my attention towards the BCC, I suggest you all take a look at it and see how you could contribute! It'd be awesome. I think that's everything...

Mmm, I smell a...

Download

Enjoy!

-Hale
Last edited by Hale on Mon Jun 27, 2011 1:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Uberbeard

Re: Arena Pack

Post by Uberbeard » Wed Dec 02, 2009 5:54 am

100% Awesome dude.

Phillip

Post by Phillip » Wed Dec 02, 2009 10:07 am

Amazing, Hale! And very nice presentation with the screenshots too. Can't wait to play on these.

Lhorkan

Post by Lhorkan » Wed Dec 02, 2009 5:25 pm

Looking sweet. So you convinced jeff to add inviswalls just because of these maps? :mrgreen:

BlackHole

Post by BlackHole » Wed Dec 02, 2009 5:40 pm

Whoa, that looks great! Awesome work man, I'd love to play these maps in multiplayer. 8)

- Black
Any jackass can kick down a barn, but it takes a good carpenter to build one.