Overgrowth + NS2 pack! Read me!

A secret forum for people who preorder Overgrowth!
Ectosage

Re: Overgrowth + NS2 pack! Read me!

Post by Ectosage » Wed Jan 06, 2010 9:37 pm

Really really wanting to start playing, or at least DLing NS2, but after I entered my alpha key I was under the impression I would be sent an e-mail or something.... but nothing. What did I miss, where did I screw up >.<.

Edit:
Anyhow, I was much the same as the others, thinking I might have to go buy NS2 just because it looked so awesome, only to find out through your amazing deal I already own it! Thank you & Unknown Worlds for this offer (& its backwards compatibility to older pre-orders).

Blorx
NOT A FRIGGIN PROGRAMMER

Post by Blorx » Wed Jan 06, 2010 10:16 pm

Ectosage wrote:Really really wanting to start playing, or at least DLing NS2, but after I entered my alpha key I was under the impression I would be sent an e-mail or something.... but nothing. What did I miss, where did I screw up >.<.
Spam box? lol. My email was near instant and it's an email for an NS2 alpha key.

EDIT: Looks like this:
Because you pre-ordered Overgrowth, you get a free copy of NS2 Special Edition! Listed below is your game key, which you will need to access the pre-alpha and (later) play.

NS2 Special Edition Key: (edit)

You will be e-mailed at (edit) when the game is ready for you to download and play. In the meantime, you can download the pre-alpha at http://www.naturalselection2.com/download and learn more about NS2 and our development process at http://www.unknownworlds.com/ns2 .

Thanks for your support!

BigD

Post by BigD » Wed Jan 06, 2010 10:40 pm

Greetings fellow future NS players! Please don't mind our lorks on teh clorfs, turrents or the skorpions taht hovar wihtout flapping. Also, the weird language some of us speak is weird.

I look forward to learning your weird weirdnesses as well.

Gryffin

Post by Gryffin » Wed Jan 06, 2010 10:48 pm

You're all heroes. Every one.

stickyboot

Post by stickyboot » Wed Jan 06, 2010 10:49 pm

Wow! I have been following you guys ever since I watched the game design videos when the were on Vimeo. I never played the first game, but was interested in Overgrowth as I read more about the game from your blog and your videos.

I did, however, play NS1 and pre-orded the special edition version of NS2. I was more than pleased to find out that my decision over there carried over to this game as well! Thanks a ton!

As someone who financed an L4D2 and Borderlands 4-pack in the gaming community that I regularly attend, you can be sure that I will spread knowledge of this deal to the people over there!

TheBigCheese

Post by TheBigCheese » Wed Jan 06, 2010 11:19 pm

Holy bajeezus! This is just awesome!

I was totally not expecting to get NS2 free! Indie developers are awesome!

I was planning on buying NS2 when it came out too! :D

KZeni

Post by KZeni » Wed Jan 06, 2010 11:20 pm

Fafnir312 wrote:Awww... Natural Selection isn't for OS X :(

But the bundling is cool and will definitely net more fans :D
"We will initially release NS2 on Windows (through our web-site and through Steam). After that we plan to bring it to the Mac and the Xbox 360. Maybe even Linux."
- http://www.naturalselection2.com/faq/ga ... ed-on.html

Thanks to everyone at Wolfire & Unknown Worlds. Great idea, all wrapped up in a nice package. Well done, and greatly appreciated.

Ectosage

Post by Ectosage » Wed Jan 06, 2010 11:58 pm

Blorx wrote: Spam box? lol. My email was near instant and it's an email for an NS2 alpha key.
Wasn't that, checked that pretty much right away.
Talked to John on the subject, apparently when I changed my e-mail address a few months back, changing the one I had listed on the forums wasn't enough to switch their records as well. Can't access my old one anymore.. its an expired .mac address.

Fafnir312

Post by Fafnir312 » Thu Jan 07, 2010 12:58 am

KZeni wrote:
Fafnir312 wrote:Awww... Natural Selection isn't for OS X :(

But the bundling is cool and will definitely net more fans :D
"We will initially release NS2 on Windows (through our web-site and through Steam). After that we plan to bring it to the Mac and the Xbox 360. Maybe even Linux."
- http://www.naturalselection2.com/faq/ga ... ed-on.html

Thanks to everyone at Wolfire & Unknown Worlds. Great idea, all wrapped up in a nice package. Well done, and greatly appreciated.
:o Sweet! :D

private_Marine

Post by private_Marine » Thu Jan 07, 2010 1:15 am

So cool i just got free game :D i was thinking to buy it latter. As there was some info on unknownworlds forum. about overgrowth.

I like ur map editor ! Must admit i like it better than Spark one.
Like how u make videos funny.

yeah i haven't followed Overgrowth. Is there playable alpha ?

Spark

Post by Spark » Thu Jan 07, 2010 1:25 am

I've only known about Overgrowth's existence for 3 hours but I have to say it's already one of my most hyped games of 2010. Kudos for the pack!

Anticheese

Post by Anticheese » Thu Jan 07, 2010 1:38 am

Now I've not been terribly good about keeping up with the forums here, but I'd like to say thanks to Wolfire and Unknown Worlds for putting on this awesome promotion! I'll be sure to spread the word

MongolianMisfit

Post by MongolianMisfit » Thu Jan 07, 2010 2:15 am

Sweet, thx for the free game! Cant wait!

Rekka

Post by Rekka » Thu Jan 07, 2010 3:11 am

You guys are just awesome. I was wondering about getting or not NS2 and now, I get it for free. How could I ask for more? :)

RabidRabbit

Post by RabidRabbit » Thu Jan 07, 2010 7:40 am

YAY! I get a free NS2 copy. This showed up 6 times in my RSS.