Hey fellas!

A secret forum for people who preorder Overgrowth!
FamousCrayon

Hey fellas!

Post by FamousCrayon » Fri Jan 15, 2010 10:03 pm

I'm intending on purchasing a domain and webspace for a website for individuals to upload mods/whatever else for overgrowth. As of right now, I haven't purchases the domain or the webspace.

What I'm here for, is to find someone that could possibly help me make a website. I will completely fund it, I just can't design anything, even if it were to save my life.

As of right now, I'm looking at purchasing both the domain and webspace for 3 years, and it seems like it'll cost me just a bit over $200, which I'm totally fine with. Just need the necessary assistance!

EDIT: If need be, I know a few people that would charge me for it, but I'm trying to not have to put more into it, just in case it fails :P

Ac30

Re: Hey fellas!

Post by Ac30 » Sat Jan 16, 2010 5:18 am

You should contact the wolfire team about it. They would be more than happy to have you do it & would probably help you set it up, too. Good luck! :D

Endoperez

Post by Endoperez » Sat Jan 16, 2010 7:33 am

There's already ModDB, which allows users to upload mods of all kinds of games, and which is a community site and thus will draw more people to Overgrowth than a separate site.

I can't find the blog post about it, but I believe some kind of integrated mod server has been planned. Something along the lines of: use a browser from inside OG, look for reviews of mods, select a mod, download it and it will be added to the correct place, activate it when download is ready - all from inside the game.

FamousCrayon

Post by FamousCrayon » Sat Jan 16, 2010 11:21 am

Endoperez wrote:There's already ModDB, which allows users to upload mods of all kinds of games, and which is a community site and thus will draw more people to Overgrowth than a separate site.

I can't find the blog post about it, but I believe some kind of integrated mod server has been planned. Something along the lines of: use a browser from inside OG, look for reviews of mods, select a mod, download it and it will be added to the correct place, activate it when download is ready - all from inside the game.
That actually sounds amazing! I guess I'll just build up a fan site then! Thank you very much for the information :)

Endoperez

Post by Endoperez » Sat Jan 16, 2010 11:50 am

FamousCrayon wrote:That actually sounds amazing! I guess I'll just build up a fan site then! Thank you very much for the information :)
You should still contact the actual developers about it. Plans can change, and since I couldn't find those plans anywhere I can't be sure I didn't misunderstand it all.

Have you noticed the thread in Randomness subforum,
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=5894

Basically, a site that lets young game developers do - something. Some sort of a community, or something. Talk with Ajene and do something nice. :wink:

FamousCrayon

Post by FamousCrayon » Mon Jan 18, 2010 6:27 pm

I'll send him a message! Thanks for pointing it out! I don't really browse the forums!