Zip install request

A secret forum for people who preorder Overgrowth!
rebel28

Zip install request

Post by rebel28 » Sat Apr 10, 2010 5:47 am

Hey, I'd like to request a .zip mirror for Overgrowth, because I'm having issues with .msi files. If it's not possible, well that sucks because I've preordered the game, and can't install.

So please, if you guys could make a .zip or .rar (or a different type of installer) that would be great.

Lord_of_Sausage

Re: Zip install request

Post by Lord_of_Sausage » Sat Apr 10, 2010 8:29 am

We once had it as a Zip, but had to go over to an installer because of some reason i dont remmember. Sorry, maybe you'll be able to install the next alpha :)

Endoperez

Post by Endoperez » Sat Apr 10, 2010 10:56 am

All alphas up to A70 used zip archives. If you just preordered, you can download A70 and see if that works - it's still relatively recent.

If you get some error trying to run A70 on windows, it's probably because of some problem with Visual C++ Runtime (the error message is quite mysterious IIRC). They had to move over to an installer because they otherwise couldn't make sure all the dependencies came too.

If you post the errors (and details about your computer's OS and such) you can get help with the installer. If they can find and fix the problems, that will also help other people who may encounter them in the future.

Freshbite

Post by Freshbite » Sat Apr 10, 2010 1:26 pm

Which mirror would you like?
If you use a Mac computer I do not have the correct release on my computer.
I just have to download it first, so no worries.

Select your target!
Win: [fast US mirror 1] [fast EU mirror 1] [fast EU mirror 2]
Mac: [fast US mirror 1] [fast EU mirror 1] [fast EU mirror 2]

I have the fast EU mirror 1 installed at the time, and it worked perfectly for me.
If you think that will work for you aswell, I will upload a zip file of the installed folder.

Also, if you have any preferred downloading sites, like Rapidshare (ew) or Mediafire (yay), let me know and I will be sure to use them.

rebel28

Post by rebel28 » Tue Apr 13, 2010 12:45 pm

They fixed the side-by-side configuration error after they started making .msi downloads.
So I can't play at ALL if it's an .msi, or if it's before they fixed the error.

Either that, or I get a new computer (2% chance of that)

rebel28

Post by rebel28 » Tue Apr 13, 2010 12:46 pm

If someone requested my game to be put in a compressed file, and it's possible. I wouldn't mind doing it, so if it's possible, surely someone could try it.

Freshbite

Post by Freshbite » Tue Apr 13, 2010 1:22 pm

If you would like, I could install the latest (Alpha 74) version for Windows and create a .rar file out of the installed folder (the one with all the files in it) and upload that file for you.

Jeff
Evil Twin

Post by Jeff » Tue Apr 13, 2010 2:30 pm

rebel28 wrote:Hey, I'd like to request a .zip mirror for Overgrowth, because I'm having issues with .msi files. If it's not possible, well that sucks because I've preordered the game, and can't install.
It would be awesome for someone to send you the zip file, but in the meantime, could you please report the bug so that we can fix it? That's what the alphas are for. :)

Blorx
NOT A FRIGGIN PROGRAMMER

Post by Blorx » Tue Apr 13, 2010 2:33 pm

Jeff wrote:
rebel28 wrote:Hey, I'd like to request a .zip mirror for Overgrowth, because I'm having issues with .msi files. If it's not possible, well that sucks because I've preordered the game, and can't install.
It would be awesome for someone to send you the zip file, but in the meantime, could you please report the bug so that we can fix it?
Or at the very least, they could zip/rar it and put it up on Mediafire. Just for the love of god, no Rapidshare. It's the least rapid of all of them!

Oh, forgot to mention, for alpha safety reasons, if you did that, you'd have to password protect the archive and send the password to whoever you were trying to get it to.

The Happy Friar

Post by The Happy Friar » Fri Apr 16, 2010 4:03 pm

I wouldn't mind the zip installer back myself. So I second the request (but it installs for me just fine via .msi)

Freshbite

Post by Freshbite » Mon Apr 19, 2010 12:17 pm

Yeah, I'm still waiting for a confirmation from rebel28 wether or not to upload anything. =]

TheBigCheese

Post by TheBigCheese » Mon Apr 26, 2010 9:42 pm

What exactly about the .msi doesn't work?