Unofficial alpha 87, weekly build

A secret forum for people who preorder Overgrowth!
Freshbite

Re: Unofficial alpha 87, weekly build

Post by Freshbite » Mon Jul 19, 2010 3:00 pm

If it is a question concerning the newest released Alpha, then post in that corresponding thread. The newest Alpha-Thread is this one. By sometime tomorrow there will be a new thread for Alpha 88.

If you feel that it is a question about the game in general, not specificly the newest released version of the game, then...

1. Search
There is a Search Bar in the top-right corner of the forum at all times. Search for keywords such as "Dynamic lighting" or "Shadow map" and I am sure you will find a discussion concerning that topic.

2. Create a New Topic
If for some reason you cannot find a thread or discussion that involves what it is that you would like to know or discuss about, feel free to create a new topic in the Secret Preorder Forum.

mphasis

Post by mphasis » Mon Jul 19, 2010 6:44 pm

I'm getting the same error as Frederic.
My graphics card is an HD5770.

Frederic

Post by Frederic » Mon Jul 19, 2010 10:37 pm

My Initial Thoughts On Alpha 86

*As mentioned in an earlier post, I was not able to run the EXE for Alpha 87 but was able to successfully run Alpha 86.

*I am running full-screen, 1920 by 1080 pixels. Only the grassy meadows level is working for me. On the other two levels, I am seeing weird skydome artifacts.

*Some initial impressions. Please take it in the right spirit. I understand this is in alpha stage.

1* The lighting is unbelieveable, out of the world.

2* The terrain textures at the medium distance level are very very good. The textures at the far distance level are quite acceptable. But the textures at the closest level do need some work.

3* Robbert model is very good. Eyes need some work though. Right now the eyes look quite lifeless.

4* Somehow the interface between the Robbert feet and the terrain does not feel right. Eventhough the shadow of Robbert is projected correctly, the area where the feet meet the terrain needs some work.

Overall, I am seriously impressed and waiting eagerly to play the finished game.

Best Regards
Fred

alexdl89

Post by alexdl89 » Tue Feb 01, 2011 11:38 am

Wow great help thx mate

Tonjevic

Post by Tonjevic » Wed Feb 02, 2011 8:20 am

And lo the Necromancer plundered graves, restoring a twisted facsimile of life.