Unofficial alpha 93, weekly build

A secret forum for people who preorder Overgrowth!
Jeff
Evil Twin

Unofficial alpha 93, weekly build

Post by Jeff » Mon Aug 23, 2010 7:39 pm

The unofficial, alpha 93 leaked build is here!

A "leaked build" is when John and I grab the latest SVN build and package it up for you guys. It has a ton of known bugs, so don't worry if it doesn't work for you. It is not condoned by David and Aubrey but we want to keep you guys in the loop and give you stuff to play with regularly! Please report bugs in our Trac system!

*NOTE* Please remember that these are unofficial alphas and they do not represent a finished product. They are not even polished builds, just straight up raw development dumps not intended for public consumption.

New in this version: (see blog)

To download the alpha, use one of these links (please use the mirrors!)

Win (exe): slow original fast US mirror 1 fast EU mirror 1

Mac: slow original fast US mirror 1 fast EU mirror 1

Extra data: fast US mirror 1 (merge this with your alpha data)

Please use the speedy mirrors, they are graciously provided by Mow of FoCo Gaming and should provide much faster download speeds. They will also save us a lot of money. :D

Breaking news! We now have a set of US mirrors graciously provided by Woet of FFS Network. Please let me know how it works for you!

Subscribe to the dev blog!

We are testing a new Windows installer, which should help with the side-by-side configuration errors. Please remember to uninstall the old version first and let us know how it works!

Note! No PPC, 10.4 Tiger, or Linux support at the moment -- we are waiting on Awesomium for these. AJS says that Linux support is on the horizon, but we cannot make any concrete estimates for it. In the meantime, we may be Wine compatible.

adwuga

Re: Unofficial alpha 93, weekly build

Post by adwuga » Tue Aug 24, 2010 1:04 pm

when I start it on my laptop(win 7 64 bit) it crashes and says "the version of this file is not compatible with the version of windows you`re running. Check your computer`s system information to see whether you need an x86 (32-bit) or x64 (64-bit) version of the program, and then contact the software publisher." older alphas worked on my home computer (win 7 64 bit) so Im wondering if its an update or if its my laptop. I have an ati mobility radeon hd 5650. if thats the problem that sucks and so does the error message.

Silverfish

Post by Silverfish » Tue Aug 24, 2010 2:12 pm

adwuga wrote:when I start it on my laptop(win 7 64 bit) it crashes and says "the version of this file is not compatible with the version of windows you`re running. Check your computer`s system information to see whether you need an x86 (32-bit) or x64 (64-bit) version of the program, and then contact the software publisher." older alphas worked on my home computer (win 7 64 bit) so Im wondering if its an update or if its my laptop. I have an ati mobility radeon hd 5650. if thats the problem that sucks and so does the error message.
Confirmed, I get this as well when I try to start OG. Win7 64 bit.
error.png
error.png (10.92 KiB) Viewed 2415 times

Jeff
Evil Twin

Post by Jeff » Tue Aug 24, 2010 2:20 pm

Interesting, apparently last weeks worked in Windows 7 x64, so I'll try to track down what broke it

adwuga

Post by adwuga » Tue Aug 24, 2010 2:24 pm

it doesnt work on my desktop either. and that graphics card on my laptop works, tested it with older alphas

shadow10051

Post by shadow10051 » Tue Aug 24, 2010 5:32 pm

I'm getting the same issue worked on last alpha going to mess around with a few things to see if i can find the source of the issue

shadow10051

Post by shadow10051 » Tue Aug 24, 2010 5:44 pm

K i did some research and the only time this error should appear is if the app is 16 bit because Windows 7 can emulate a 32-Bit environment it may say Vista but the same system applies in 7http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb756962.aspx

Jeff
Evil Twin

Post by Jeff » Tue Aug 24, 2010 9:58 pm

I have tried repackaging it -- please let me know if this one works better on Windows (updated links above, EU mirror should be done in a few minutes)

Silverfish

Post by Silverfish » Wed Aug 25, 2010 6:10 am

Seems to work with the repack Jeff! :)

shadow10051

Post by shadow10051 » Wed Aug 25, 2010 3:50 pm

Works for me have not seen any issuse

kwatie

Post by kwatie » Sat Aug 28, 2010 8:16 pm

I seem to have run into a little problem
as you can see the camera has gone thermal, Robbert seems to have gone on an unnecessary diet (It's worse when he jumps) and his shadow shows the most ungodly Frankenstein of rabbity demons stuck with in his odd body (its got a copy effect so every shadow he makes is stuck and it means every position he is in makes a new shadow including ragdoll)

Nimai

Post by Nimai » Sun Aug 29, 2010 4:44 am

Alpha 93! Gosh!! Still going strong. this is awesome! :D

Addler

Post by Addler » Sun Aug 29, 2010 1:40 pm

I'm experiencing a few problems with this alpha. First of all, it seems to randomly freeze up and close down. I don't think this is a problem with my computer, because it is very new and very high end. Also, sometimes when I try to save an Item or a map I get the error message "trouble exporting .png file" and the alpha freezes up. After this is becomes impossible for me to open the map I was working on.

And one last problem, on the maps "desert outpost" and "forgotten plains" The sky is filled with two giant black boxes on either side.

Ylvali

Post by Ylvali » Mon Aug 30, 2010 4:34 am

kwatie wrote:I seem to have run into a little problem
as you can see the camera has gone thermal, Robbert seems to have gone on an unnecessary diet (It's worse when he jumps) and his shadow shows the most ungodly Frankenstein of rabbity demons stuck with in his odd body (its got a copy effect so every shadow he makes is stuck and it means every position he is in makes a new shadow including ragdoll)
o_O

Do you even want that fixed?

Freshbite

Post by Freshbite » Mon Aug 30, 2010 1:33 pm

That is a surprisingly amazing bug. I want that as a mod.