Help

A secret forum for people who preorder Overgrowth!
bakscratch

Help

Post by bakscratch » Sun Oct 10, 2010 2:57 pm

When ever I load up overgrowth it keeps saying: Working directory is probably no set correctly -- could not find config.txt or defaults.txt in Data folder.
Could anyone help me :(

rebel28

Re: Help

Post by rebel28 » Tue Nov 09, 2010 7:15 am

I installed the game to A:\Games\Overgrowth, on my secondary hard drive, and the game started looking in "A:\Steam\steamapps\[username]\garrysmod..." for the config.txt file.

So I just installed it to the default directory "C:\Program Files\Wolfire\Overgrowth"

This fixed the problem, I hope it fixes it for you.

Endoperez

Post by Endoperez » Tue Nov 09, 2010 8:57 am

rebel28 wrote:I installed the game to A:\Games\Overgrowth, on my secondary hard drive, and the game started looking in "A:\Steam\steamapps\[username]\garrysmod..." for the config.txt file.

So I just installed it to the default directory "C:\Program Files\Wolfire\Overgrowth"

This fixed the problem, I hope it fixes it for you.
Wow, the diskettes theses days are huge! :lol: It feels so wrong to see a hard drive mapped to A:\...

BlackHole

Post by BlackHole » Tue Nov 09, 2010 10:25 am

Haha, exactly my thoughts. :lol:

Still, many people these days don't even know what floppies are anymore, so they can't see no reason not to map their disks to A:.

~ Black
There are 10 types of people in this world, those who understand binary and those who do not.

Endoperez

Post by Endoperez » Tue Nov 09, 2010 10:58 am

BlackHole wrote:Haha, exactly my thoughts. :lol:

Still, many people these days don't even know what floppies are anymore, so they can't see no reason not to map their disks to A:.

I wouldn't know diskettes from floppies if I hadn't fount Neuromancer and Bard's Tale for a bargain price. They felt nostalgic even when I saw them for the first time!

Any way, good thing SOME people are able to offer help on threads like these, unlike us others. :D

rebel28

Post by rebel28 » Wed Nov 10, 2010 6:24 am

I do know what a floppy is, but when I got the Hard Drive. I had to format it first, and I just chose A: as the letter because it came first :)

Jeff
Evil Twin

Post by Jeff » Wed Nov 10, 2010 3:35 pm

We're working on this bug for the next alpha :)