Alpha 103 testing =D

A secret forum for people who preorder Overgrowth!
bxxxxxxxxxxxx

Alpha 103 testing =D

Post by bxxxxxxxxxxxx » Tue Nov 02, 2010 5:51 pm

I made a quick Video showing some changes:
(a new attack! (The final hit he gaves me! )
Ragdoll-Knockouts
Ragdoll-Key is renabled.
Aggressive-Enemy-Key addition.
________________________________________________________________________________

Ragdoll key (y on german keyboard) set both ragdoll. (no toggle)
For longer ragdoll-time -> hold y.
Aggressive-Enemy-Key (c)
Reanimate both with x

Recorded with fraps.

screenwidth: 1400
screenheight: 700
fullscreen: false
vsync: true
multisample: 8
anisotropy: 16
post_effects: true
shaders: true
texture_reduce: 1
gamma_correct: true

Cheers :3

Freshbite

Re: Alpha 103 testing =D

Post by Freshbite » Tue Nov 02, 2010 6:49 pm

Hahaha, I laughed so hard when he slipped in the end.
At first he looked so badass, just to end up with such a clumsy move. Image

EDIT:
Also, the dropkick he performed was splendid.

bxxxxxxxxxxxx

Post by bxxxxxxxxxxxx » Wed Nov 03, 2010 4:26 pm

I agree with you.
The AI is perfected.. =D.

Marcus

Post by Marcus » Wed Nov 03, 2010 4:54 pm

Nice video mate, can't wait till I can play it on my (Linux) desktop PC, rather than on a (Win7) laptop. (:

Pjotrkiller

Post by Pjotrkiller » Wed Nov 03, 2010 6:29 pm

bxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:I agree with you.
Not really, the AI is pretty bad atm. It's Alpha so I wouldn't expect it to be good though.

bxxxxxxxxxxxx

Post by bxxxxxxxxxxxx » Thu Nov 04, 2010 8:31 am

Pjotrkiller wrote:
bxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:I agree with you.
Not really, the AI is pretty bad atm. It's Alpha so I wouldn't expect it to be good though.
Okay.. then.. try to fight him. It's hard.

Endoperez

Post by Endoperez » Thu Nov 04, 2010 9:40 am

bxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote: Okay.. then.. try to fight him. It's hard.
AI isn't measured by ability in combat. AI is measured by intelligence. The current AI enemy comes towards you, and would come at you even if there was a sawblade between you. It is blind and mute and deaf, but when it comes to fighting the player it is omniscient. It can't ambush you, and it can't be ambushed. It won't run away from you, and you can't run away from it. It's a single enemy in a game that will, most probably, feature several enemies working together.

Because computers just follow instructions, games can just simulate intelligence. A simple behaviour is, well, simple, but intelligence is complex. I presume that as the enemy AI becomes more complex, the AI enemy will be EASIER to defeat that the current one for about 50% of the time. Something like never seeing you if you sneak, always falling for the same trick, always dying if you abuse one of its shortcomics, and vulnerable to dozens of different tactics at different phases of development.

GaGrin

Post by GaGrin » Thu Nov 04, 2010 1:49 pm

It's also very easy to beat once you figure out it's current behaviour.

For example, if you hold the attack key and let him approach you'll win the exchange of blows because your straight kick is faster and just as long reaching as the round-house kick the AI will do.

This isn't a massive deal to be honest, it's still fun, and trying to land a roundhouse kick is a sort of mini-challenge.

Oh, and David: I fucking LOVE the new rabbit-kick, even if it doesn't look like we'll be able to kick enemies into each other.

Endoperez

Post by Endoperez » Thu Nov 04, 2010 3:08 pm

GaGrin wrote:Oh, and David: I fucking LOVE the new rabbit-kick, even if it doesn't look like we'll be able to kick enemies into each other.
I don't like it, but then, the work in combat has just been started. Instead of the rabbit kick, the attack-while-airborne should be the jump-tackle that was only very rarely seen in Lugaru - something to bring the other guy down. The current rabbit kick should be relatively rare. Perhaps you'd only see it after an especially long fall. You could use it to cause heavy damage on an unsuspecting enemy you assaulted from above, but you wouldn't be able to spam it.

Gifted

Post by Gifted » Sat Nov 06, 2010 1:53 am

Endoperez wrote:
GaGrin wrote:Oh, and David: I fucking LOVE the new rabbit-kick, even if it doesn't look like we'll be able to kick enemies into each other.
I don't like it, but then, the work in combat has just been started. Instead of the rabbit kick, the attack-while-airborne should be the jump-tackle that was only very rarely seen in Lugaru - something to bring the other guy down. The current rabbit kick should be relatively rare. Perhaps you'd only see it after an especially long fall. You could use it to cause heavy damage on an unsuspecting enemy you assaulted from above, but you wouldn't be able to spam it.
I disagree. I love the new kick, very fun to use.

Ebrahim

Post by Ebrahim » Sat Nov 06, 2010 6:52 am

Maybe the kick should be some sort of special attack that has requirements, e.g certain amounts of momentum, Long jumping or falling from high up. I like the idea of a grapple move perhaps followed up by some ground pounds?

Maximopartra

Post by Maximopartra » Sun Nov 07, 2010 11:15 am

Hold z and x at the same time and both rabbits will go go-cart style! I don't think you'll understand unless you try it out xD

ss2man44

Post by ss2man44 » Sun Nov 07, 2010 4:07 pm

Maximopartra wrote:Hold z and x at the same time and both rabbits will go go-cart style! I don't think you'll understand unless you try it out xD
I just figured this out before posting. It is quite possibly the funniest thing I've seen so far in OG besides that one build where Rabbot's legs were the only things animated and the rest of him was a limp ragdoll.