Bug reporting station

A secret forum for people who preorder Overgrowth!
theShadow

Re: Bug reporting station

Post by theShadow » Sat Jun 25, 2011 7:06 pm

whenever I try and load a custom xml file, I get an error message that says "bad data in xml file" and then overgrowth crashes.

here is the crash log, if that's helpful
http://pastie.org/2122563

densle

Post by densle » Fri Jul 01, 2011 2:24 pm

One thing that I found was that the player can roll up an slop that you can't run up.
Video:

Second one I find a bit annoying is that the fighting music will occur when there is no enemy's around.
Video:

Otter.

Post by Otter. » Fri Jul 01, 2011 3:19 pm

Does anyone know how to fix the problem Im having where I seem to be unable to move in the direction I want. Its as if Im holding the s and d key down the whole time.

I cant describe it any better than that I could try to film it and upload to youtube maybe but Im not sure how much that would help.

DoubleForte

Post by DoubleForte » Wed Jul 06, 2011 4:34 am

Game-crashing bug whenever I try to pick up a weapon:

Popomaster

Post by Popomaster » Sat Jul 09, 2011 3:10 am

Yeah, quiet a big problem which disables me from playing this game entirely.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Occurs whenever I try to enter any map. Um yea, so I'll be pleased if you could help.

last

Post by last » Sun Jul 10, 2011 4:37 pm

last wrote: Also there is a problem with that Ambient triangle sound effects. i cant hear it at all.
i have tryed Parchy highlands and Impressive Mountains maps and i cant hear that triangle sound effect. Other sounds are working perfectly.
I have this motherboard with integrated soundcard http://www.motherboards.cod.my/msi-p35- ... p-506.html

Interesting thing is i now have windows 7 instead of windows xp and now triangle sound works perfectley. Maybe it was windows xp drivers or maybe its something else i dont know.

Korban3

Post by Korban3 » Tue Jul 26, 2011 5:06 pm

I'm having the same bug as popmaster with Alpha 140 install. I'm doing the from scratch A141 install right now to try and fix it.

Carlz0r

Post by Carlz0r » Thu Jul 28, 2011 7:51 pm

I have a couple. Sorry if they've already been mentioned, I didn't want to read pages of posts...

I'm on PC if that makes a difference.

-When I try to enter the Desert Outpost map, the game gets to "loading hotspots" then crashes.
-If the game gets minimized for any reason, horizontal movement of the mouse no longer changes the camera angle in rabbot mode. The only thing that seems to fix this is restarting the game, or dying.

Patchumz

Post by Patchumz » Wed Aug 03, 2011 5:27 pm

Otter. wrote:Does anyone know how to fix the problem Im having where I seem to be unable to move in the direction I want. Its as if Im holding the s and d key down the whole time.

I cant describe it any better than that I could try to film it and upload to youtube maybe but Im not sure how much that would help.
Did you ever find a fix to this problem? I'm getting it as well.

tehMuffinMan100

Post by tehMuffinMan100 » Wed Aug 03, 2011 10:21 pm

Probably already been reported but

When I hold MOUSE2 to grab onto a ledge while running up a wall I grab the ledge just fine, but when I hold W to climb up, the character does the climbing animation over and over and I can't get up.

dangerdan

Post by dangerdan » Thu Aug 04, 2011 12:28 am

tehMuffinMan100 wrote:Probably already been reported but

When I hold MOUSE2 to grab onto a ledge while running up a wall I grab the ledge just fine, but when I hold W to climb up, the character does the climbing animation over and over and I can't get up.
Having this same problem

Jacktheawesome

Post by Jacktheawesome » Thu Aug 04, 2011 1:03 am

Carlz0r wrote:I have a couple. Sorry if they've already been mentioned, I didn't want to read pages of posts...

-When I try to enter the Desert Outpost map, the game gets to "loading hotspots" then crashes.
-If the game gets minimized for any reason, horizontal movement of the mouse no longer changes the camera angle in rabbot mode. The only thing that seems to fix this is restarting the game, or dying.
Finally! I have the same exact problem with Desert Outpost.

Riaya

Post by Riaya » Sat Aug 06, 2011 5:54 am

I get an odd error, on most maps I will instantly crash. Infact I believe it is all. Here is the error that pops up.
Error(s) in Data/GLSL/dirtpuff.vert
WARNING: extension'GL_ARB_texture_rectangle' is not supported
ERROR: 0.5 'Sampler2DRect': Reserved Word
ERROR: 0.5 'Sampler2DRect': Syntax error parse error

It asks me to continue, exit or retry, if I retry it doesn't work if I continue my computer crashes.
Any suggestions?

Riaya

Post by Riaya » Sat Aug 06, 2011 3:37 pm

Jacktheawesome wrote:
Carlz0r wrote:I have a couple. Sorry if they've already been mentioned, I didn't want to read pages of posts...

Finally! I have the same exact problem with Desert Outpost.
Its actually nice to know that this is pretty much the same error I have.
Another problem I'm having is that whenever I load into "Spawn items and stuff" mode it lags unconctrollably on maps that aren't Red Diamonds or whatever. This is prolly down to my computer though.

last

Post by last » Mon Aug 08, 2011 2:02 pm

I have a question why some of decals don't work when i try to put them into my map (They onley work when i put working decal into my map first) then i can put that "not working" decal in and when i save and exit the game and start the game again and try to select the "not working" decal it dosn't work again. i have to load again working decal into my map and then i can select and move my "not working" decal aroud I am talking about bloodsplatter decal at O2 tab, there are some more that dont work correctly.

I know I made that O2 tab but when i made that i had that same problem then but i thought that OG team will fix it.

Also ther are still some missing files that i like to see and get my hands on them. List of the files are here viewtopic.php?f=13&t=12147#p136624
I told that to the Jeff at IRC like one week ago but i think he was buzzy with HIB3 stuff.

And finally is there a bug with a window that pops up when i press ctrl+g? I can't close it when i press cancel or ok even if i am in editor mode. Onley thing that helps is to close OG

EDIT:
I found out a bug i think
here are 2 pictures to illustrate
Picture from my map
Picture from my map
Picture from Art assets overview
Picture from Art assets overview
at the picture from my map are 2 shops left is shop that i made like this:
i paced decal first and then i added shop on top of it
and at right is shop that is made with same method but i have saved my map and exited and again started my game.

sorry but its hard to explain but why the decal is all over my shop after i have exited my game and started it again.
i want it to look like the one in the art assets overview picture.