Bug reporting station

A secret forum for people who preorder Overgrowth!
chrisxy

Re: Bug reporting station

Post by chrisxy » Tue Jun 12, 2012 8:33 am

Since so many shaders don't compile with the open source drivers on linux, could somebody who knows glsl check if they are compliant to the standard in the glsls version that is used so we actually know if overgrowth or the drivers are at fault?

At the moment it only "kind of" works. :)
Attachments
redshards.png

hyaducan

Post by hyaducan » Tue Jun 12, 2012 5:27 pm

I get this error message when i try loading quite a a few maps. The game crashes when i load them.

Could not load image file:
data/textures/environments/cat_props/banner_w.tga

how should i fix this?
thanks.
Attachments
error.jpg

Van

Post by Van » Tue Jun 12, 2012 8:36 pm

I get a similar error

last

Post by last » Wed Jun 13, 2012 1:35 pm

hyaducan wrote:I get this error message when i try loading quite a a few maps. The game crashes when i load them.

how should i fix this?
thanks.
You can fix this by converting banner_w.tga_converted.dds into banner_w.tga.
To do this you need Gimp or Photoshop,both of them need a plugin for opening dds files.
Make a Google search so you can find dds plugins for them.
now open up banner_w.tga_converted.dds and save it as .tga and change the file name into banner_w

bunnydestroyer

Post by bunnydestroyer » Sun Jun 17, 2012 10:20 pm

when ever i try to open overgrowth it says overgrowth has stopped working :evil:

mooseman456

Post by mooseman456 » Mon Jun 18, 2012 12:42 am

Whenever I start the game, it always alerts me to:
"Could not open
C:/Users/*My Name*/ Documents/Wolfire/Overgrowth/logfile.txt
Permission denied"

As far as I can tell, this hasn't caused anything wrong itself, but whenever I try to play most maps, I receive a lot of case errors.

Otherwise, great game so far.

LastOneDown

Post by LastOneDown » Mon Jun 18, 2012 6:13 am

bunnydestroyer wrote:when ever i try to open overgrowth it says overgrowth has stopped working :evil:
The same here...

Problemsignatur:
Problemereignisname: APPCRASH
Anwendungsname: Overgrowth.exe
Anwendungsversion: 0.0.0.0
Anwendungszeitstempel: 4fd560a1
Fehlermodulname: Awesomium.dll
Fehlermodulversion: 1.6.0.3
Fehlermodulzeitstempel: 4cdf3d94
Ausnahmecode: c0000005
Ausnahmeoffset: 00dc1d3c
Betriebsystemversion: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.1
Gebietsschema-ID: 1031
Zusatzinformation 1: 0a9e
Zusatzinformation 2: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789
Zusatzinformation 3: 0a9e
Zusatzinformation 4: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789

TomDuffus

Post by TomDuffus » Tue Jun 19, 2012 8:27 pm

Every now and again, whilst i'm playing, physics become extremely laggy to process. Everything runs at a smooth 60fps (vsync) when no-one is ragdolling, but as soon as someone dies/ragdoll comes into effect, the game falls to 5 fps. This only happens at times, but once it's happened it'll keep being the case until I reload the map. Most of the time it's fine and the whole game plays at a solid 60fps.

Another thing is: If I play a map and then exit to the main menu, and then try to enter another map, the game crashes on loading that second map. Every time. Something about "soundfile" being wrong in the mydocuments/wolfire/overgrowth/data folder. If I ever want to play 2 maps in a row, I need to exit the entire game and re-load it just to play a second map.

Starman

Post by Starman » Tue Jun 19, 2012 9:18 pm

I try to start my game and i get the error Could not process: OvergrowthWorker.exe any idea howto fix i am on a windows

theworriedpotato

Post by theworriedpotato » Wed Jun 20, 2012 3:38 pm

For any custom map I try to install into Overgrowth, I always get the same exact error: "bad xml data in level fileData/levels/(insert level name here).xml". I put all of the correct files in the right places for as far as I can tell; the level in the levels folder, any other files into the corresponding folders in my Overgrowth data, etc. But, when I type in the custom level name into the custom level loader in the main menu, I get the same error every time. I am running alpha 182 on a 10.6.8 iMac.

last

Post by last » Wed Jun 20, 2012 4:14 pm

theworriedpotato wrote:For any custom map I try to install into Overgrowth, I always get the same exact error: "bad xml data in level fileData/levels/(insert level name here).xml". I put all of the correct files in the right places for as far as I can tell; the level in the levels folder, any other files into the corresponding folders in my Overgrowth data, etc. But, when I type in the custom level name into the custom level loader in the main menu, I get the same error every time. I am running alpha 182 on a 10.6.8 iMac.
Make sure you add .xml in the end of the level name when you type in the level name in the main menu.
Oh and one more thing you may need to know is that when the level file is not located in the Data/levels folder but instead it its located in the Data/levels/project60 folder then you need to add project60/ in the beginning of the level name in the main menu.

theworriedpotato

Post by theworriedpotato » Wed Jun 20, 2012 5:09 pm

last wrote:
theworriedpotato wrote:For any custom map I try to install into Overgrowth, I always get the same exact error: "bad xml data in level fileData/levels/(insert level name here).xml". I put all of the correct files in the right places for as far as I can tell; the level in the levels folder, any other files into the corresponding folders in my Overgrowth data, etc. But, when I type in the custom level name into the custom level loader in the main menu, I get the same error every time. I am running alpha 182 on a 10.6.8 iMac.
Make sure you add .xml in the end of the level name when you type in the level name in the main menu.
Oh and one more thing you may need to know is that when the level file is not located in the Data/levels folder but instead it its located in the Data/levels/project60 folder then you need to add project60/ in the beginning of the level name in the main menu.
Thanks for the help but I dont think that the .xml is the problem. I make sure to write the .xml at the end of the level (with the level not in the project 60 folder) and it still has the same error. I even tried it with the level in the project 60 folder and wrote what you said to do, but I still get the same error. :|

Milkandcooki

Post by Milkandcooki » Wed Jun 20, 2012 8:58 pm

Dunno if this has been posted yet, but I got this when I was dicking around with a sword and a knife.

I think it's kind of cool.

last

Post by last » Thu Jun 21, 2012 12:51 pm

Theworriedpotato, can you upload a not working level .xml file here so that i can take a look at it. Maybe there is something wrong with it.

D.Brian

Post by D.Brian » Thu Jun 21, 2012 6:41 pm

last wrote:
hyaducan wrote:I get this error message when i try loading quite a a few maps. The game crashes when i load them.

how should i fix this?
thanks.
You can fix this by converting banner_w.tga_converted.dds into banner_w.tga.
To do this you need Gimp or Photoshop,both of them need a plugin for opening dds files.
Make a Google search so you can find dds plugins for them.
now open up banner_w.tga_converted.dds and save it as .tga and change the file name into banner_w
I did what you said but it didnt work is it becouse i am using windows 7 if it is is there another way to solve this proplem?