Bug reporting station

A secret forum for people who preorder Overgrowth!
last

Re: Bug reporting station

Post by last » Tue Jul 31, 2012 4:25 pm

There i s a bug fix that i made for the problem when your clicking after completing a level sends you back to to the menu or exits the game.
You can download this fix from here

Iffn

Post by Iffn » Tue Jul 31, 2012 5:08 pm

miketheraven wrote:whenever I left click (attack) it takes me back to the main menu, also sometimes I respawn on left click?
Got the same problem. It looks like this happens if I move my mouse to far to the bottom right and left click.

I assume this is caused by the score screen's cursor and exit/reload buttons being active in the backround.

Jhaawk

Post by Jhaawk » Tue Jul 31, 2012 7:53 pm

As i played as the wolf I noticed that when grabbing an enemy from behind in the choke hold, the enemy rabbit is not actually in your arms. The rabbit appears below the choke hold.

Johannes

Post by Johannes » Tue Jul 31, 2012 7:57 pm

Jhaawk wrote:As i played as the wolf I noticed that when grabbing an enemy from behind in the choke hold, the enemy rabbit is not actually in your arms. The rabbit appears below the choke hold.
Yep, many animations of the wolf are not yet implemented.
Many still just use re-targetted rabbit animations.

poopy joe

Post by poopy joe » Wed Aug 01, 2012 10:44 pm

I found a highly amusing if not extremely broken bug. If you take someone hostage with a weapon and then throw your weapon, you will launch them and yourself forward several feet at high speed and kill them instantly, and if you try throwing your weapon again you instantly will kill your target and throw them several feet.

LukeWHealy

Post by LukeWHealy » Fri Aug 03, 2012 1:56 pm

Hi,

I've just downloaded the alpha, and I've been having a problem.

When I select a level from the main menu, the game will crash on the loading screen. It's the same every time. As soon as it gets to "loading all data in advance..." the app crashes.

I'm using a Mac OSX v. 10.5.8 (outdated, I know).

Any help would be appreciated. I'd really like to play this game.

Thanks.

Marksman46

Post by Marksman46 » Fri Aug 03, 2012 5:25 pm

Not entirely sure how to post a bug, and its not really a bug, but probably some kind of coding thats really heavy on the processor, but when there is any amount of blood, it lags really badly, if theres a lot, the fps can drop down to even around 1, also, grass does the same in large quantities.

Adelost

Game crashes to menu when left-clicking

Post by Adelost » Sat Aug 04, 2012 3:32 am

Every time I pull my mouse down-right and left-clicks for a few times while in game, the game exits to the Overgrowth menu. Re-sizing the window seems to lessen the problem, but the game still exits to menu, especially when left-clicking during hectic moments such as combat, to the point it's almost unplayable.

Does anyone else has the same problem? I have only tested it on my computer so I don't know if it's the same on every computer, but I guess someone would have fixed it by now if it was. I run it on a laptop in 1600 x 900 resolution if that could mean any different. The game runs otherwise smooth and I haven't had problem running other games on my laptop before. To me it seems like the mouse exits the targetable window somehow, and that somehow makes the menu system go haywire.

G-Enigma

Post by G-Enigma » Sun Aug 05, 2012 12:52 pm

No offense Adelost, but you could really benefit by actually reading the thread. Last made a fix for this, and posted about it at the top of this very page. The fix is here :download/file.php?id=3845 in case you don't care to scroll up.

William

Post by William » Mon Aug 06, 2012 6:26 pm

I'm not sure if this is really a bug, but I didn't want to create a whole new topic for it.

On a map, just standing around, or running about, I get roughly 30-45 FPS. That's not fantastic, but then, I'm only on a laptop with not a fantastic graphics card. I can play easily at that frame rate though.
Sometimes (randomly) my FPS will drop down to 20 or so, even lower sometimes. I also notice a significant drop in FPS whenever I start combat. If I have 'civilian' characters around, FPS is stable, so it's not just having more characters that's causing it.
It's just during combat.

Is this due to a lack of optimisation of the game in general (or maybe combat on it's own), or is it an actual 'bug'. Or, more likely, is my system not up to standard?

I've got:
  • Windows 7, 64-bit.
  • 8GB Ram (DDR3)
  • ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4200 series graphics card
I should mention I can play things like Skyrim, LotRO and Lugaru (it's a lot older, I know) fine.

Thanks.

cthuljew

Post by cthuljew » Tue Aug 07, 2012 6:39 am

When the camera gets too close to one of the floating signs, the transparency disappears. Once the camera is far enough away, it goes back to transparent. Alpha 189.

Hardware:

Report version: 2
MEM: Total memory: 3979 MB
MEM: Free memory: 779 MB
CPU: Number of cores: 4
CPU: Mhz: 2790
CPU: Model: Core(TM) i7-2640M CPU @ 2.80GHz
CPU: Vendor: Intel
SYS: OS common name: Microsoft Windows 7 Service Pack 1

Vendor: NVIDIA
GL_Renderer: Quadro 2000M/PCI/SSE2
GL_Version: 4.1.0
Driver version: unknown
VRAM: 2048 MB
GLSL_Version: 4.10 NVIDIA via Cg compiler
Shader Model: 4.0 or better

Maximum uniform vertex vec4s: 512
Maximum uniform fragment vec4s: 1024
Maximum vertex attributes: 16
Maximum varying vec4s: 15
Maximum vertex texture samplers: 32
Maximum fragment texture samplers: 32

Benchmarks (higher is better)
Geometry VA: 15
Geometry VBO: 56
Simple fillrate: 47

Endoperez

Post by Endoperez » Mon Aug 13, 2012 5:43 am

When a character is killed with the throat slit button and the ragdoll is created, dynamic objects can still push the corpse. Something in the corpse's ragdoll physics is no longer refreshed, so the corpse can be pushed up, and it doesn't come back down.

When weapon spawn points are moved, weapons should no longer be stuck on corpses. The weapon and corpse are still "stuck together" currently, even when they are in different places. Since the weapon is forced into the spawn point's position, the corpse is dragged towards it. Then when the spawn point is released, both the weapon and the rabbit are affected by physics. If they're far from each other, crazy velocities are reached.
Attachments
hanging.png

Tecan

Post by Tecan » Mon Aug 13, 2012 10:43 am

OGERROR.png
I keep on getting this error. I have an envy 14 with dual video cards but when i try to switch it to the better one for the game the game doesn't read it. is it possible for the game to search for it or to force the card? i cant play what so ever because of it.

John-Doe

Post by John-Doe » Sat Aug 18, 2012 8:34 am

Hello
I don't know whether this is a bug or not but the dog makes a very high pitched sound when you press the taunt/shout button (V).
Also, i know that you can't fix that if you are in split screen and the players are far apart,the animation looks weird for anyone except for player 1 but is it possible to fix the sound? that the others can hear themselves?

Sinnveyr

Post by Sinnveyr » Mon Aug 20, 2012 11:59 am

I don't know if there's a solution for this already, but posting anyway.
Happened when I updated to 1.89, can't run it on full screen either.

>Intel i5 2500k
>AMD Radeon HD7950

Last edited by Sinnveyr on Mon Oct 15, 2012 3:18 am, edited 1 time in total.