Bug reporting station

A secret forum for people who preorder Overgrowth!
Groenendael72

Re: Bug reporting station

Post by Groenendael72 » Tue Jun 18, 2013 4:56 pm

On linux the "Gladiator campaign mode crashes the game
Ubuntu distribution: 13.04 Quantal
Hope you fix it soon

GreenFlame

Post by GreenFlame » Wed Jun 19, 2013 4:00 pm

Not sure if that counts as a bug, but I've been having an issue with graphics for a long time:
grass and trees look flat and with distance some parts seem to lack transparency and it becomes even more blurry and rough, anyway I think it looks much worse than in the videos.

Here are some pictures(need to open them full scale to see):

(1)same as above(bad look)
(2)seems to be too black(unless it's charcoal)

And this has been bugging for long time too, can't play the level

Getting this

Followed by this:
Which says, approximately:

Code: Select all

Instruction under address "0x004a7fba" reffered to memory at the address "0x23c9f988". Memory cannot be written.

OK - close
Cancel - Debug
Does anyone have the file? I only have "pine_needles_c.tga_converted.dds"

I'm also wondering why some of the textures located in game's main folder while other are in
"User\My documents\Wolfire\Overgrowth\Data\Textures"

Any tips? =)

Also what is actually better? To E-mail bugs to [email protected] or to post them just in the thread?

Game version: alpha 199, clean install, no mods

The hardware report:

Code: Select all

Report version: 2
MEM: Total memory: 3263 MB
MEM: Free memory: 2035 MB
CPU: Number of cores: 4
CPU: Mhz: 2493
CPU: Model: Core(TM)2 Quad CPU    Q8300  @ 2.50GHz
CPU: Vendor: Intel
SYS: OS common name: Microsoft Windows XP Service Pack 3

Vendor: NVIDIA
GL_Renderer: GeForce 9600 GT/PCIe/SSE2
GL_Version: 3.3.0
Driver version: 31090
VRAM: 512 MB
GLSL_Version: 3.30 NVIDIA via Cg compiler
Shader Model: 4.0 or better

Maximum uniform vertex vec4s: 512
Maximum uniform fragment vec4s: 1024
Maximum vertex attributes: 16
Maximum varying vec4s: 15
Maximum vertex texture samplers: 32
Maximum fragment texture samplers: 32

Benchmarks (higher is better)
Geometry VA: 99
Geometry VBO: 307
Simple fillrate: 117

Last edited by GreenFlame on Thu Jun 20, 2013 6:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

Icer667

Post by Icer667 » Wed Jun 19, 2013 7:45 pm

My game continues to crash when loading maps, is there any way to fix or patch this?

Terath86

Post by Terath86 » Wed Jun 19, 2013 10:42 pm

Hello there,
I have one of two problems here.
The first;
I can't show it and I don't have screenshots, because the game would crash before I could - mere milliseconds.
Whenever I tried to load any map, it wouldn't work. It would say "something something, IL_wallrunning"
The second;
This one I think is either on my part or on Wolfire's part.
Whenever I try to download alpha v199, it comes up corrupt, or does not open at all. It is still 2.3~ gigs, and the same when I try to update it. It happens when I try to physically OPEN the .rar file, and it downloads corrupted, from what I can tell.
Windows XP SP3
2 gigs RAM
38xx HD Radeon graphics card
AMD Athlon Dual core processor 4850e
DirectX9
Thank you.

GreenFlame

Post by GreenFlame » Thu Jun 20, 2013 5:37 am

Terath86, I guess you have some mods that are not compatible with the new version, might be the blood mod by last(several other people had that issue). Try updating your mods or reinstalling everything.
And to get the game I recommend using the torrent link, it worked very well for me, the file might get broken once in a while, especially if you download from the direct link, so try that ;)

Foxling

Post by Foxling » Thu Jun 20, 2013 9:13 am

Hello there!

My game runs at a nice 60 fps even when the graphic settings are at the lowest or highest. The problem I am having is that the frame rate drops to a slow 10 whenever blood is created on any character and this lasts for about 5 seconds. Note that after the blood has finished being made the game picks back up to 60 frames. The SUMLuauncher doesn't seem to have any options to disable or adjust the blood so is there anyway known way that I can fix this manually?

last

Post by last » Thu Jun 20, 2013 9:48 am

Terath86 wrote:Hello there,
I have one of two problems here.
The first;
I can't show it and I don't have screenshots, because the game would crash before I could - mere milliseconds.
Whenever I tried to load any map, it wouldn't work. It would say "something something, IL_wallrunning"
You can try to reset your game script files by installing the default script files for a199

Terath86

Post by Terath86 » Thu Jun 20, 2013 11:08 am

I recommend using the torrent link, it worked very well for me, the file might get broken once in a while, especially if you download from the direct link, so try that ;)
This also did not work. It still comes up corrupt. I am 100% sure this is not my fault at this point, since I've tried everything to try and download the game. It started when I tried to update, and it kept on going through every download I did.

Now I am not concerned with the game crashing when starting, but the corrupt download.

I hate to sound like an ass, but this still frustrates me.

Please help.

last

Post by last » Thu Jun 20, 2013 12:16 pm

I think that there is one way to download the game that you haven't tried yet.
When you install SUM launcher and you set it up, you can download the game with SUM launcher.
I think it will ask you to select the game exe file but since you don't have it you have an option somewhere to download the game. I believe that you can also resume download.

GreenFlame

Post by GreenFlame » Thu Jun 20, 2013 2:49 pm

Terath86 , still try keep positive.
Another thing:
Try changing the .rar extension to .zip, sometime downloading software may change the extension, I've got my file as .zip and it unpacked very nicely with WinRAR.

And these to check your software:
Does your software work with other .rar files? Try extracting some other .rar file with it.
Try different software.
Try different PC if possible.

Hopefully some of these helps =)

Maxdragon89

Post by Maxdragon89 » Thu Jun 20, 2013 5:07 pm

When i start up the game my character starts moving towards me so the button "s" and when i hit "w" i walk really slow and cannot run :( ...so that mean no parkour no good fighting please help...

Terath86

Post by Terath86 » Thu Jun 20, 2013 5:13 pm

Maxdragon89 wrote:When i start up the game my character starts moving towards me so the button "s" and when i hit "w" i walk really slow and cannot run :( ...so that mean no parkour no good fighting please help...
Recovering from this problem back in late 2011, you should unplug any excess USB's. This means;
-Mouses
-Keyboards
-Control sticks; the one you use for realistic plane sims.
The third is the one I unplugged to solve this problem. What I think is happening is that the game either can't handle two USB's that serve the same function at once or that there's generally too many confusing things.
-Terath

Terath86

Post by Terath86 » Thu Jun 20, 2013 5:21 pm

last wrote:I think that there is one way to download the game that you haven't tried yet.
When you install SUM launcher and you set it up, you can download the game with SUM launcher.
I think it will ask you to select the game exe file but since you don't have it you have an option somewhere to download the game. I believe that you can also resume download.
Terath86 , still try keep positive.
Another thing:
Try changing the .rar extension to .zip, sometime downloading software may change the extension, I've got my file as .zip and it unpacked very nicely with WinRAR.

And these to check your software:
Does your software work with other .rar files? Try extracting some other .rar file with it.
Try different software.
Try different PC if possible.

Hopefully some of these helps =)
I think I have somehow fixed this problem.
It said the files were corrupt, so I extracted them, but not using WinRAR or 7zip. I used an extract tool - I don't know where I found it, but it was already on my computer - and I extracted the files. I'm still trying to find out how I did it. If other people have this problem and they can't, I'll put the files that are fixed into my own .rar and put it on MediaFire.
Now, I'm wondering why I couldn't extract them via WinRAR or 7zip. This still confuses me.

Terath86

Post by Terath86 » Thu Jun 20, 2013 5:27 pm

But yet, I have ANOTHER glitch throughout this entire ordeal. It seems that the Gladiator mode hath been broken. Let me show you.

I spawn off of the stone platform, and the sky is covered with green/black missing texture squares. Also, no enemies are spawning and it's pretty laggy, which it usually isn't, considering the real only object in the room is a stone platform.

Now.. this is where I'm reeeeaaaallly confused. Either;
A - The download is CORRUPTED and it did not download right
B - The extraction problem I had before was CORRUPTED and did not work correctly.
C - There is some files missing in the download altogether.

Please help. Arena was just updated and I want to play it so, so much, and it was why I continued playing Overgrowth. Help! :cry:

Groenendael72

Post by Groenendael72 » Thu Jun 20, 2013 5:49 pm

My computer is missing a lot of textures for the basic levels, and will not run any gladiator levels, including the one under campaigns. if someone could help with this I would really appreciate it. It crashes right when it says "Loading all data in advance"

Computer:
Ubuntu 13.04 Quantal Quetzal
Amd 8-core processor that I forget the model of
32 Gigabytes RAM
2 Gigs on the video card (Nvidia)
Edit: added hwreport.txt
Attachments
hwreport.txt
(874 Bytes) Downloaded 23 times
Last edited by Groenendael72 on Thu Jun 20, 2013 6:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.