Bug reporting station

A secret forum for people who preorder Overgrowth!
Icer667

Re: Bug reporting station

Post by Icer667 » Thu Jun 20, 2013 6:08 pm

Terath86 wrote:
last wrote:I think that there is one way to download the game that you haven't tried yet.
When you install SUM launcher and you set it up, you can download the game with SUM launcher.
I think it will ask you to select the game exe file but since you don't have it you have an option somewhere to download the game. I believe that you can also resume download.
Terath86 , still try keep positive.
Another thing:
Try changing the .rar extension to .zip, sometime downloading software may change the extension, I've got my file as .zip and it unpacked very nicely with WinRAR.

And these to check your software:
Does your software work with other .rar files? Try extracting some other .rar file with it.
Try different software.
Try different PC if possible.

Hopefully some of these helps =)
I think I have somehow fixed this problem.
It said the files were corrupt, so I extracted them, but not using WinRAR or 7zip. I used an extract tool - I don't know where I found it, but it was already on my computer - and I extracted the files. I'm still trying to find out how I did it. If other people have this problem and they can't, I'll put the files that are fixed into my own .rar and put it on MediaFire.
Now, I'm wondering why I couldn't extract them via WinRAR or 7zip. This still confuses me.
Alright, i am having the same problem, but no errors appear.

when i try to open a map, my game crashes.

I tried to use winrar and 7zip, but they all corrupt the game. I really need help with this.

Maxdragon89

Post by Maxdragon89 » Thu Jun 20, 2013 7:43 pm

Terath86 wrote:
Maxdragon89 wrote:When i start up the game my character starts moving towards me so the button "s" and when i hit "w" i walk really slow and cannot run :( ...so that mean no parkour no good fighting please help...
Recovering from this problem back in late 2011, you should unplug any excess USB's. This means;
-Mouses
-Keyboards
-Control sticks; the one you use for realistic plane sims.
The third is the one I unplugged to solve this problem. What I think is happening is that the game either can't handle two USB's that serve the same function at once or that there's generally too many confusing things.
-Terath
Thank you thank you thank you!!! so much :D

Terath86

Post by Terath86 » Thu Jun 20, 2013 8:53 pm

Maxdragon89 wrote:
Terath86 wrote:
Maxdragon89 wrote:When i start up the game my character starts moving towards me so the button "s" and when i hit "w" i walk really slow and cannot run :( ...so that mean no parkour no good fighting please help...
Recovering from this problem back in late 2011, you should unplug any excess USB's. This means;
-Mouses
-Keyboards
-Control sticks; the one you use for realistic plane sims.
The third is the one I unplugged to solve this problem. What I think is happening is that the game either can't handle two USB's that serve the same function at once or that there's generally too many confusing things.
-Terath
Thank you thank you thank you!!! so much :D
Glad I could help ;)

GreenFlame

Post by GreenFlame » Fri Jun 21, 2013 8:37 am

Terath86, good you got the game now. It likely was your software or wrong file type, you can find it out still if you want (try my previous post suggestions).
As to the arena thing, I have the same situation, I guess it's because there is a new improved arena in the level list, so this one got messed up but doesn't really need to be fixed right now, so just ignore that.

And does anybody have issues loading the Patchy Highlands level? It says I need "Data\Textures\Plants\Trees\temperate\pine_needles_c.tga", anyone got spare file? =)

last

Post by last » Fri Jun 21, 2013 10:23 am

Please people download SUM launcher and install it. Because in the community content browser, there are many fixes for missing files and missing levels problems.

Terath86

Post by Terath86 » Fri Jun 21, 2013 12:32 pm

last wrote:Please people download SUM launcher and install it. Because in the community content browser, there are many fixes for missing files and missing levels problems.
And the face-smashing keyboard-bashing saint replies to solve World War III.
Go download SUMLauncher, folks.

Foxling

Post by Foxling » Fri Jun 21, 2013 7:11 pm

Is there any way to disable the blood? I slows me down to 10 fps

akazi

Post by akazi » Fri Jun 21, 2013 7:45 pm

Foxling wrote:Is there any way to disable the blood? I slows me down to 10 fps
You can download Last's blood mod here: viewtopic.php?f=16&t=12064&start=315#p194059 which has the option to disable all the blood.

Foxling

Post by Foxling » Sat Jun 22, 2013 9:23 am

akazi wrote:
Foxling wrote:Is there any way to disable the blood? I slows me down to 10 fps
You can download Last's blood mod here: viewtopic.php?f=16&t=12064&start=315#p194059 which has the option to disable all the blood.

Thank you everything works smoothly now :)

Retarded Username

Post by Retarded Username » Sun Jun 23, 2013 10:58 am

Since this latest Alpha I've been watching one weird "bug" or more like a glitch.
Sometimes when characters do a flip in the air but land on any surface mid-flip, they will either:
1.- Dissapear completely, game doesn't count them as dead or KO'd.
2.- Go through said surface and can't get out of the geometry.

I think this needs to be looked upon, as it may be frustrating in the challenges or campaign levels in the future to have that last enemy going through something and caging himself, and making you unable to do anything but restart.

Terath86

Post by Terath86 » Sun Jun 23, 2013 12:09 pm

Ooh ooh ooh, I have another glitch! :D
Okay, so Stucco Courtyard Arena just gets stuck on "Simplifying Terrain.."
Then it crashes about 15 minutes later. It then says I don't have the map, or it wasn't found.
Before you tell me to get SUMLauncher, I already HAVE it. AND I have downloaded all the fixes found in the fix tab. I also cleared my cache.
So I'm stuck now. Thanks for any oncoming help!

EPR89

Post by EPR89 » Sun Jun 23, 2013 5:09 pm

Terath86 wrote:Ooh ooh ooh, I have another glitch! :D
Then it crashes about 15 minutes later. It then says I don't have the map, or it wasn't found.
Before you tell me to get SUMLauncher, I already HAVE it. AND I have downloaded all the fixes found in the fix tab. I also cleared my cache.
Look under Data/Levels/arenas. Is there a map called stucco_courtyard_arena.xml?

Terath86

Post by Terath86 » Sun Jun 23, 2013 9:18 pm

EPR89 wrote:
Look under Data/Levels/arenas. Is there a map called stucco_courtyard_arena.xml?
Nope. Not there.

OmegaShadowcry

Post by OmegaShadowcry » Sun Jun 23, 2013 10:38 pm

Is it just me who gets this error, or are there other who start up a199, find the process in the task manager called Overgrowth, and yet, never see the game launch?

EPR89

Post by EPR89 » Sun Jun 23, 2013 11:50 pm

Terath86 wrote:
EPR89 wrote:
Nope. Not there.
Well, there's the problem. Probably a glitches installation or something like that. If I was on my PC I'd upload the file. Maybe someone else can do that.
Btw, are there any maps in that folder for you? In mine there are also two work-in-progress versions of two other arenas. yet playable, but something for a future release.