Bug reporting station

A secret forum for people who preorder Overgrowth!
RobProductions

Re: Bug reporting station

Post by RobProductions » Mon Dec 29, 2014 10:59 am

djmasters wrote:Whenever a character tries to get up from a ragdoll the FPS goes down faster than a rock, any fixes? (tried fogbugs, didnt ever get a reply)
Having the same problem, I tried a mod to disable the new procedural animations and that wasn't the issue. I just emailed [email protected] about the frame drop.

Are you on Mac OSX?

djmasters

Post by djmasters » Mon Dec 29, 2014 4:25 pm

RobProductions wrote:
djmasters wrote:Whenever a character tries to get up from a ragdoll the FPS goes down faster than a rock, any fixes? (tried fogbugs, didnt ever get a reply)
Having the same problem, I tried a mod to disable the new procedural animations and that wasn't the issue. I just emailed [email protected] about the frame drop.

Are you on Mac OSX?
no

tetamusha

Post by tetamusha » Fri Jan 02, 2015 5:25 pm

RobProductions wrote:
Having the same problem, I tried a mod to disable the new procedural animations and that wasn't the issue. I just emailed [email protected] about the frame drop. [...]
I third that. SUMLauncher says that there is a new Alpha 208 update which has this fix in the change log, but I can't get it to update.

EPR89

Post by EPR89 » Fri Jan 02, 2015 5:30 pm

tetamusha wrote:
RobProductions wrote:
Having the same problem, I tried a mod to disable the new procedural animations and that wasn't the issue. I just emailed [email protected] about the frame drop. [...]
I third that. SUMLauncher says that there is a new Alpha 208 update which has this fix in the change log, but I can't get it to update.
You have to use the Steam version and there you have to opt into the advanced_testing versions. Those are the latest updates and the latest one fixes this issue. You can still use the SUMLauncher to handle settings and community content, just don't use it to update the game.

poddus

Post by poddus » Mon Jan 26, 2015 6:14 pm

I'm getting this too, makes it very difficult to play... :(

EPR89

Post by EPR89 » Mon Jan 26, 2015 6:54 pm

poddus wrote:
I'm getting this too, makes it very difficult to play... :(
This has been addressed in the latest advance_testing version on Steam.

ausome12345

Post by ausome12345 » Sun Feb 01, 2015 12:59 am

My game crashes so much to the point of absolute unplayability. it happens at random times but mostly in the arena when moving to the next opponent, attacking, pressing f, pressing x etc. I am unable to play the game any longer because of this. the hardware report is attached
Attachments
hwreport.txt
(727 Bytes) Downloaded 32 times

EPR89

Post by EPR89 » Sun Feb 01, 2015 8:19 am

ausome12345 wrote:My game crashes so much to the point of absolute unplayability. it happens at random times but mostly in the arena when moving to the next opponent, attacking, pressing f, pressing x etc. I am unable to play the game any longer because of this. the hardware report is attached
We can't do anything with it.
If you think that it is a bug then email it to the team with the report attached.

niscool

Post by niscool » Wed Feb 11, 2015 10:39 pm

I get this reaction when I load certain levels. Black and green sky. looks awful. how can I fix it?
Attachments
overgrowth fail message.JPG
overgrowth fail message.JPG (14.51 KiB) Viewed 2164 times

cachiporrin
Froot Loop!!!

Post by cachiporrin » Mon Feb 16, 2015 11:02 am

I already emailed the bug, my skill assessment cannot go past 68 and I don't know how to modify the value

EPR89

Post by EPR89 » Mon Feb 16, 2015 12:55 pm

cachiporrin wrote:I already emailed the bug, my skill assessment cannot go past 68 and I don't know how to modify the value
I'm pretty sure it has been capped for now to prevent the enemies from spawning in malformed states. It's not realistically possible to consistently stay at 68 or get higher without abusing the leg cannon or the debug laser kill anyway.

TheRabbidPixel

Post by TheRabbidPixel » Wed Feb 25, 2015 7:58 am

(I believe I'm in advanced testing)
My game keeps crashing every time I load a character from Data/Characters/

I get ActorsEditor::CreateObjectFromDesc does not support this object type

EPR89

Post by EPR89 » Sat Feb 28, 2015 2:37 pm

TheRabbidPixel wrote:(I believe I'm in advanced testing)
My game keeps crashing every time I load a character from Data/Characters/

I get ActorsEditor::CreateObjectFromDesc does not support this object type
You are loading the wrong file.

Joost

Post by Joost » Thu Apr 02, 2015 3:47 pm

When I load a level in Overgrowth everything is in blue and red. Rebooting the game doesn't help.

DeanDead

Map selection in steam does not work

Post by DeanDead » Mon Apr 13, 2015 12:48 pm

When I activate the game I cannot click any buttons or load any map. But I can access the steam overlay.