Bug reporting station

A secret forum for people who preorder Overgrowth!
Phalanxii

Re: Bug reporting station

Post by Phalanxii » Sat Nov 07, 2015 4:07 pm

Hi guys, I just mailed you a bug, but I what do I do about things that just don't play right?

For example, in the new arena mode, the Nav mesh should be done automatically when you load the level, otherwise you'll get new players wondering why most NPCs spend the games running into the walls.

Also, if a rabbit gets knocked over the edge in a multi-round arena, they will get back up once one round is over and just stand there nice and happy. The scripting should surely be able to work alongside the arena, or at least the death script box should reset and then retrigger in the new round so they stay dead.

Finally, in the "grab the knife" arena, your freedom to walk around gives you the obvious advantage of getting to the knife before them. It's a great idea for a mode, but perhaps the rabbits should be constrained to their podium in the seconds before the match starts.

Another gameplay adjustment could be to path arena folk away from each other in between rounds. Getting disqualified in arena is way to easy to do by accident.

Depending on your structure, they could be something like 20 minutes of work for each. But they're not bugs, so where should we post stuff like that?

I really like the adjustments you've made. Whilst I don't really remember the graphics from before, I think they look better! And the arena alone is enough to get me excited again. I will continue to follow your OG Weekly episodes in keen anticipation.

Autious
Project Programmer

Post by Autious » Sun Nov 08, 2015 10:56 pm

Any suggestion or requests can be sent to [email protected]

MrNDX3

Post by MrNDX3 » Tue Nov 10, 2015 5:43 pm

For some reason, after the 210 update, my custom maps downloaded through SUMLauncher will not appear on the main screen. I go to the mod screen in-game and there's only "example-mod". So, none of the mods I had previously installed are installed anymore.

Constance
Overgrowth Modder Deluxe

Post by Constance » Tue Nov 10, 2015 5:47 pm

MrNDX3 wrote:For some reason, after the 210 update, my custom maps downloaded through SUMLauncher will not appear on the main screen. I go to the mod screen in-game and there's only "example-mod". So, none of the mods I had previously installed are installed anymore.
They are, SUMLauncher's custom content just hasn't been updated to work with a210.

Peruraptor

Post by Peruraptor » Wed Nov 11, 2015 1:56 pm

Is anyone else having problems with saving levels? I've made modifications and saved them numerous times but whenever I restart the game they're gone.

Silverfish

Post by Silverfish » Thu Nov 12, 2015 10:19 pm

Hm, seems to work for me. Can you provide a video of what you do or written steps to reproduce the problem?

Daankai

Re: Bug reporting station **RESOLVED**

Post by Daankai » Sun Nov 15, 2015 3:02 pm

Hello,
yeterday, I've just reinstalled SUM Launcher, and as usual installed some mods, after then (installed mods list next on..) I ran the game and i got like this:

https://onedrive.live.com/?cid=A219723D ... 64&o=OneUp

As an user from Steam, I reinstalled Overgrowth data and also verified integrity of game cache throught it, before deleting and reinstalling the game on SUM Launcher, I'veremoved all the mods just keeping that default one (Fixes - Anton), such ''solutions'' didn't work at all. My laptop screen settings are 1366x760 and even changing on the game, or the SUM L. aren't doing results...

:Installed mod list:

>Agatha Knight - Akazi
>Kunai Knives - Megadeth9811
>Dragon Ball Z Arena - GMcloud [+ dependencies]
>Cat Stronghold - spudy [+ dependencies]
>Alien Spitter - Akazi
>Faith - Akazi
>Alien Boiler - Akazi
>Predator - Akazi
>Xenomorph - Akazi
>Tectonic - Freakrules
>Fancy Masks - twowolves
>Armor Pack - samjb1992

Apreciatted, Daankai
Last edited by Daankai on Sun Nov 15, 2015 9:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

macfolk

Post by macfolk » Sun Nov 15, 2015 7:20 pm

I am running a210.
I am running OS X 10.11.2
The bug occurs when I attempt to start the program.

I now get a message stating:

Error

Could not start up Telemetry -- check if DLL is in correct place

Ok Button

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Attachments
Screen Shot 2015-11-15 at 18.12.24.png

Constance
Overgrowth Modder Deluxe

Post by Constance » Sun Nov 15, 2015 9:51 pm

This happened after I turned off Anti-Aliasing in my settings...

mickymikyman

Post by mickymikyman » Thu Nov 19, 2015 8:11 pm

hey guys i don't know if this is a bug but after i downloaded the latest alpha every time i try to open overgrowth it just says " could not create GL context/ operation completed successfully" and then closes. i am really bummed about this because overgrowth is one of my favorite games and i think this is happening due to the new alpha and if anyone can help that would be great.

halzoid
Location: Somewhere within the Universe... Might take a while to find me though.

Post by halzoid » Fri Nov 20, 2015 3:33 am

I have the same issue, I think it's because our computers don't support OpenGL 3.2 which is what overgrowth now uses. Unless your computer has another graphics card that it isn't using, it looks like you can't run it.

If you are using the steam version, hopefully you can return one alpha and at least play alpha 209, or if you would like a refund for your purchase then you can mail wolfire.

I never thought I would complain about this, but it does kinda suck that overgrowth is becoming really good xD

Hope that you do find a way to get this working :?

Constance
Overgrowth Modder Deluxe

Post by Constance » Sat Nov 21, 2015 5:45 pm

So just about every single custom shader made for Overgrowth levels is broken.
In the process of trying one out, I came across this...

Autious
Project Programmer

Post by Autious » Mon Nov 23, 2015 1:02 pm

Pretty much all custom shaders made for a209 should be expected to break. The jump from 209 to 210 was pretty major in regards to visual rendering. There is really no real way for us to maintain compatibility there, unless we were to maintain two rendering engines in the game, which considering our resources isn't very realistic (even medium to large studios do much to avoid this)

Constance
Overgrowth Modder Deluxe

Post by Constance » Mon Nov 23, 2015 1:04 pm

A useful (and default) shader, invisible, should be fixed though. I've used it with the invisible block asset tons of times, and it doesn't work anymore… pls fix?

rodeje25

Post by rodeje25 » Sat Dec 05, 2015 1:51 am

So since i apparantly made wrong assumptions about what is bringing down the fps on my computer i pulled out all my "debugging" software.
OG only uses ~50% of my cpu but i could use a applescript script to Force it to use 100%. And OG only use ~1.39GB of ram

So if i should look at other things and/or try some other things, tell me.