Bug reporting station

A secret forum for people who preorder Overgrowth!
xweert123

Re: Bug reporting station

Post by xweert123 » Sun Sep 11, 2016 3:02 pm

The Dialogue Editor in a226.2 is completely broken. Like, it flat out doesn't work, at all. The UI is just not working, and causes the game to crash when trying to load up the Dialogue Editor. I simply just can't work on my custom campaign otherwise, and my internet isn't fast or reliable enough to download a previous alpha atm :/

the Dialogue Editor has kinda just been gradually getting worse and worse ever since a224, getting more and more unreliable and unresponsive. Any idea when it'll be fixed? It seems like you guys are reworking the system since it's asking for UI images and stuff.
Last edited by xweert123 on Tue Sep 13, 2016 9:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

xweert123

Post by xweert123 » Tue Sep 13, 2016 9:35 pm

Well I got the dialogue editor working by downgrading to "Advance_Testing", but there's a bunch of issues. I'll copy what I sent in the E-Mail to here;

"Actually, nevermind. There's issues with the Dialogue Editor still.

Unable to rotate actors in a scene, unable to grab the "1", "2", etc. in the Dialogue object and link it to the actor, (I have to link it from the actor to the dialogue instead), unable to edit and type out the dialogue from within Overgrowth, etc., these are pretty serious issues :s , any idea on when it'd be fixed?"

samjb1992

Post by samjb1992 » Wed Sep 28, 2016 7:44 pm

as of a226 you still can't save a map on mac. it says its saved in game but next time you load the level its default. so any objects or ai placed on the map are gone, even moving the sun to a different place doesn't save. none of these changes ever get put in the xml file.

Silverfish

Post by Silverfish » Thu Sep 29, 2016 6:51 am

samjb I can't find a bug report for this on our tracker, so it would be great if you send a bug report about this in an email to [email protected] describing the issue in as much detail as you can. Attach these two files to the email (paths assume you're using Mac):
1. The "hwreport" file from your "Macintosh HD/Users/YourUsername/Library/Application Support/Overgrowth/Data/" folder.
2. The "logfile" file from your "Macintosh HD/Users/YourUsername/Library/Application Support/Overgrowth/" folder.

Make sure you've tried saving a level recently so we can see if something weird comes up in the log file when you save.

I've also asked Micah who programs on a Mac to test this out to see if he can reproduce it. Thanks!

samjb1992

Post by samjb1992 » Thu Sep 29, 2016 11:27 am

Silverfish wrote:samjb I can't find a bug report for this on our tracker, so it would be great if you send a bug report about this in an email to [email protected] describing the issue in as much detail as you can. Attach these two files to the email (paths assume you're using Mac):
1. The "hwreport" file from your "Macintosh HD/Users/YourUsername/Library/Application Support/Overgrowth/Data/" folder.
2. The "logfile" file from your "Macintosh HD/Users/YourUsername/Library/Application Support/Overgrowth/" folder.

Make sure you've tried saving a level recently so we can see if something weird comes up in the log file when you save.

I've also asked Micah who programs on a Mac to test this out to see if he can reproduce it. Thanks!
were do i find the log file?

EPR89

Post by EPR89 » Thu Sep 29, 2016 8:07 pm

samjb1992 wrote:
Silverfish wrote:samjb I can't find a bug report for this on our tracker, so it would be great if you send a bug report about this in an email to [email protected] describing the issue in as much detail as you can. Attach these two files to the email (paths assume you're using Mac):

were do i find the log file?
Might wanna read his post again. :wink:

samjb1992

Post by samjb1992 » Thu Sep 29, 2016 8:08 pm

EPR89 wrote: Might wanna read his post again. :wink:
yea I read it again right after I posted and saw he told me where lol

yellowtricycles

Post by yellowtricycles » Sat Oct 01, 2016 10:53 am

AI in game show a "square" around their heads which I assume is their field of vision. If I get near one the game crashes. There are two errors,

"could not find data/textures/ui/stealth_debug/exclamation.tga, loading fallback"

"could not find data/textures/ui/stealth_debug/exclamation.tga"

using internal testing

Thomason1005

Post by Thomason1005 » Mon Oct 03, 2016 10:31 am

yellowtricycles wrote:AI in game show a "square" around their heads which I assume is their field of vision. If I get near one the game crashes. There are two errors,

"could not find data/textures/ui/stealth_debug/exclamation.tga, loading fallback"

using internal testing
i get the same with advanced testing

Thomason1005

Post by Thomason1005 » Mon Oct 03, 2016 2:46 pm

Thomason1005 wrote:
yellowtricycles wrote:AI in game show a "square" around their heads which I assume is their field of vision. If I get near one the game crashes. There are two errors,

using internal testing
i get the same with advanced testing
seems to be fixed *thumbs up*

the symbols look really really cool, reminds me of metal gear's !
dont want to spoil the next alpha video though

Crystalwarrior

Post by Crystalwarrior » Wed Jan 18, 2017 6:53 pm

If you jump with a dagger, roll, put it away and try to throw it the game will crash complaining about a "missing throw object".

Silverfish

Post by Silverfish » Fri Jan 20, 2017 5:34 pm

Crystalwarrior wrote:If you jump with a dagger, roll, put it away and try to throw it the game will crash complaining about a "missing throw object".
I am unable to reproduce this, could you please send a bug report about this in an email to [email protected] describing the issue in as much detail as you can. If the game brings up a folder with 4 files in it when it crashes, zip that folder and attach it to the email, otherwise attach these two files to the email (paths assume you're using Windows):
1. The "hwreport" file from your "C:\Users\YourUsername\Documents\Wolfire\Overgrowth\Data" folder.
2. The "logfile" file from your "C:\Users\YourUsername\Documents\Wolfire\Overgrowth" folder.

Thank you.

teeteecoe

Post by teeteecoe » Mon Jan 23, 2017 9:09 pm

I consistently encounter this bug where my game freezes whenever I either:
Win a round in arena mode
Try to load versus

However, Lugaru works fine, and on previous versions of Overgrowth (since 2015) I never had these issues.

My settings are at the lowest possible, if that helps.

Running on Windows 10,
Overgrowth version 227

I also have a screen recording that I can email to you showcasing this issue.
Attachments
hwreport.txt
HW Report
(7.2 KiB) Downloaded 191 times
logfile.txt
Log File
(1.32 MiB) Downloaded 190 times

Majikmon

Post by Majikmon » Fri Jan 27, 2017 4:52 am

. I had a data loss issue just a bit ago. The game closed unexpectedly after the mouse was unable to click back into the window. I opened the level I had been working on shortly after, to find that the game had not actually saved to the file for the past 3 hours. Multiple times, the game was saved in that period. I looked at the file location to verify, and attempted to open a restored version. All that happened was that the same version opened.
. However, the files for objects and characters saved in those same 3 hours were actually there and updated, unlike the changes to the level, which confuses me. There was no crash report produced, so I do not know how or why the game behaved this way. If you could look into the protocols for updating a file, please let me know if you find anything that might have caused this.

I just hope it doesn't happen again. 3 hours is far too much to have wasted by a fluke error.

Silverfish

Post by Silverfish » Sun Jan 29, 2017 8:51 pm

teeteecoe: Can you please send a bug report about this in an email to [email protected] describing the issue in as much detail as you can? Attach those two files you attached to your post to the email as well.

Majikmon: Where did you save your level to? Are you sure you're loading your changed level and not the original level from the editor menu?