How did you find out about Overgrowth?

A secret forum for people who preorder Overgrowth!
Quaxon

Re: How did you find about Overgrowth?

Post by Quaxon » Wed May 11, 2011 4:31 am

Yogscast.

I beleive many people like me, are going to flood this game because of them :D

TheGreatBug

Post by TheGreatBug » Wed May 11, 2011 10:48 pm

Learned about the (first) Humble Bundle from Macworld.com, and fell in love with Lugaru.

Redeemer

Post by Redeemer » Thu May 12, 2011 8:57 am

I found it from its newest Update video that was featured on Gametrailers. Really pleased with the purchase already, I cannot wait to see what they make with this.

curbrider

Post by curbrider » Thu May 12, 2011 12:34 pm

I stumbled across some videos on gamespot.com and became curious. Lo and behold here I am :D.

Torben

Post by Torben » Fri May 13, 2011 2:11 pm

I read the article over Brink and OpenGL i though i know everything cuz i use linux at times and managed some servers but the OpenGL Articel /DX has open my eyes ;) oh and Overgrowth was just on the same site as well ;)

attackzac21

Post by attackzac21 » Fri May 13, 2011 10:06 pm

I saw an overview from the yogscast on youtube and thought the game looked great plus I love to just play around with video game editors, so I pre ordered

notsowiseSAGe

Post by notsowiseSAGe » Fri May 13, 2011 10:11 pm

from Lugaru HD (which i found December last year). i don't remember how i found out about that though. Maybe the minecraft forum.:?:

InsipidPoint

Post by InsipidPoint » Sun May 15, 2011 5:12 pm

Dev videos on youtube are amazing.

Siledas

Post by Siledas » Tue May 17, 2011 4:48 am

I remember seeing a physics demo on youtube back when the bunnies were untextured white mannequins, then months later saw the name attached to something on MODDB. When I watched one of the videos of the fighting and animation system I made up my mind a few weeks ago that when I got my internet connection up and running again that I needed to have this game :)

BuddyDutch

Post by BuddyDutch » Tue May 17, 2011 6:06 pm

No fancy story : gametrailers.com

Meowkittytaco

Post by Meowkittytaco » Wed May 18, 2011 12:45 am

friend

SupaNinjaMan

Post by SupaNinjaMan » Wed May 18, 2011 2:44 am

I think I first got wind of it in 2009, I'm pretty sure there was some mention of Lugaru on a Moddb "Mod of the Month" video. And then REALLY interested when there was a free Lugaru give away for fanning the Overgrowth Facebook page. After that I started to follow the blog for insight into the development somewhere around a40, and then bought it when a128 came out.

chuckyoush

Post by chuckyoush » Wed May 18, 2011 5:30 am

I recently found out about Overgrowth while visiting GameTrailers.com. I frequent that site on a daily basis and there was a video posted on the main page showing off the trees in the breeze vignette. I was impressed by it, but even more so because of the comments posted below saying it was being develop by a bunch of ordinary guys. My eyebrows perked up and I looked into what "Lugaru" was and found that you can download the game. I did and was immediately blown away by how in depth the controls were. Everything seems so intuitive. Of course the graphics were a bit stale by todays comparison but given the resources and sheer ingenuity of the developers, I was very, very impressed. Then I saw Overgrowth and was dumbstruck! Simply amazing!

DivergeCreations

Post by DivergeCreations » Wed May 18, 2011 3:27 pm

Nicko9y wrote:
DivergeCreations wrote:I was talking to my old game-dev partner, Edmund Mcmillen. He mentioned Wolfire, and I was all "who's that", and he was all "crazy indie tech guys". So I looked them up and was pretty damn impressed :lol:
<-- Big fan :) Of both Wolfire and Diverge nice to see you on here :)
thanks man! it's good to be here. Exciting work is being done here. Let's just say I'm doing something of my own along the lines of Overgrowth, which is how I kinda came to know about it... hope to show the world someday soon :)

Sulfur

Post by Sulfur » Wed May 18, 2011 3:46 pm

I found a link to Wolfire.com through the humble indie bundles, glad I found Overgrowth and pre-ordered.