How did you find out about Overgrowth?

A secret forum for people who preorder Overgrowth!
Haste

Re: How did you find out about Overgrowth?

Post by Haste » Tue Jul 26, 2011 7:25 pm

A friend told me about it, but It was really moddb that got me interested.

po11o

Post by po11o » Tue Jul 26, 2011 10:25 pm

I saw a blog post on http://www.cad-comic.com/cad/20110131/#n2136 sometime ago. And recently Built a new Gaming Rig, so I decided it would be the best time to finally get around to pre-ordering the game.

DrillDude

Post by DrillDude » Wed Jul 27, 2011 7:20 am

I was doing my weekly browsing on Gametrailers, when I had a look at the newest videos. And there, was the game of my dreams :D After watching a TON of videos about Overgrowth on Youtube, i decided to pre-order, and i couldn't be more satisfied! :D Go Wolfire! Also your epic ways of advertising your game are epic :mrgreen:

meky01

Post by meky01 » Wed Jul 27, 2011 4:43 pm

I often played Lugaru (not in HD version). I received Lugaru between 2006 and 2007 on the CD with selection of beta games - from czech magazine about Apple products. I spend quite a lot of time to playing this game. I like his perfect combat system in a fight :) . Then I sometimes look here on Wolfire web, if be a chance to a something new comes out. And something finally is here, Overgrowth, it's better than Lugaru and it intrigued me. It looks very interesting. I'm looking forward to a full version of this game when it comes out and I want it in my database of games on Steam :wink: . Keep up in the good work Wolfire 8) .

(Sorry for my bad english :roll: )
Last edited by meky01 on Mon Aug 01, 2011 4:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Puzzular

Post by Puzzular » Thu Jul 28, 2011 12:29 am

Yep, read it on Reddit, like a couple people here. I tell you, r/gaming has turned into a pretty bad subreddit, but occasionally there are posts like the Overgrowth one that are great, and actually contributed something.

Earo16

Post by Earo16 » Thu Jul 28, 2011 3:38 am

4chan.

Thisguyrighthere

Post by Thisguyrighthere » Sat Jul 30, 2011 5:55 pm

I honestly don't remember where I first came across overgrowth but It looked pretty awesome. I watched a few videos of Lugaru and decided to pre-order. I had a crappy laptop back then but I still wanted to try out the alpha so I pre-ordered, tried it a bit and then forgot about it for a while. Now I have a much better rig and I'm excited to try the new alpha. It's been pretty cool watching this game evolve

tonman12

Post by tonman12 » Sat Jul 30, 2011 7:32 pm

had lugaru for a while then heard about overgrowth preorder next month

H3ll13

Post by H3ll13 » Sun Jul 31, 2011 4:17 pm

I was looking on Steam at Mac games that they had to offer and i saw Lugaru. The game looked awesome and i wanted to know what other games Wolfire made. When i looked up Wolfire, Overgrowth caught my eye and when i saw all the alpa videos i knew i had to have it.

Flazork

Post by Flazork » Mon Aug 01, 2011 11:24 am

I was on GameFAQS Skyrim Forum and some guy was complimenting this game and linked one of your alpha videos. I then proceeded to watch a few of them and pre-ordered to get my hands on that gorgeous alpha.

bed-of-razors

Post by bed-of-razors » Mon Aug 01, 2011 10:50 pm

I sat down in the college cafeteria, pulled out my computer, and planned for a normal, boring day of tackling homework. After about 30 minutes, a highschool friend greets me and we chat for a while. At some point in the conversation, he asked me if I had ever heard of Lugaru. I had NO CLUE that once he showed me it and told me I could get it myself from the Humble-Indie-Bundle, that I would soon spend the next week CONSTANTLY playing it. I was rather impressed!

Thus, the same friend later mentioned that there was a sequel under production. "Yessss!" said I, rushing to the internet to find out more. Sadly, my finances were pretty tight for the next few months. Alas... I have it preordered now. And all is good. :D

Kermit

Post by Kermit » Wed Aug 03, 2011 2:56 am

I was talking to some of my friend's on steam, and one of my old friends was telling me about some new game that was still in alpha. I asked him what it was about, and he just said three words. Ninja, Parkour, Rabbits. I thought it was a little weird at first, but after seeing a few of the alpha build videos, it looked pretty sick. I decided to buy it and now I am nuts for the release. I have been trying to get my other friends to pre-order it, and I have suceeded with four of them. :D

Snuki

Post by Snuki » Wed Aug 03, 2011 6:06 am

I am doing a giveaway of the humble bundle on youtube and a guy commented on the video asking if i tryed overgrowth alpha. and i said i would look it up, so i did and it looked so amazing i just had to preoder! :)

sulsull

Post by sulsull » Wed Aug 03, 2011 9:36 am

Humble Indie Bundle 2 and enjoying Lugaru got me interested in your blog which ended up being the reason why i bought the game

tehMuffinMan100

Post by tehMuffinMan100 » Wed Aug 03, 2011 3:25 pm

I was browsing youtube when I saw someone I had subscribed to uploaded a new video, I watched it and it was a video of him playing Overgrowth fighting 25 bots. I searched more about the game and watched gameplay videos and the weekly changes. I pre ordered it a day after (today) and now the alpha is currently downloading.

This was the video if anyone wanted to know