How did you find out about Overgrowth?

A secret forum for people who preorder Overgrowth!
Nega

Re: How did you find out about Overgrowth?

Post by Nega » Wed Aug 03, 2011 4:45 pm

tehMuffinMan100 wrote:I was browsing youtube when I saw someone I had subscribed to uploaded a new video, I watched it and it was a video of him playing Overgrowth fighting 25 bots. I searched more about the game and watched gameplay videos and the weekly changes. I pre ordered it a day after (today) and now the alpha is currently downloading.

This was the video if anyone wanted to know
Wow, what a coinidence! I found out about the game in the exact same way! :D

LuckyMac

Post by LuckyMac » Fri Aug 05, 2011 4:15 am

I was watching one of ColloseusXReturns video's on youtube that got me stuck on Overgrowth!
great game just missing a few things :o Hopping for multiplayer soon!! :D

Druza

Post by Druza » Sat Aug 06, 2011 10:31 am

I was really into Moddb (and still am, to a lesser extent.) back when OG got announced, and your updates made front page quite often, so eventually I clicked the picture and watched a video. It was way back when you didn't even have character models. I wasn't that impressed, and not having played the first game, I didn't really think about it for a couple years.

I was watching the video about the humble indie bundle 3 on the actual YouTube.com website (not humblebundle.com) for some reason, and I saw one of your update videos. I clicked, and watched. I was amazed. I love physics fighting games, so I sat my self down and watched 142 to 104. I checked to see if there was a demo, maybe some system specs. There were none, and I had almost talked myself out of it. I saw the IRC channel thing at the top of the page, and Iiro, sean, and others (I can't remember names... :( ) told me of the hours they had put into Overgrowth, and I made the purchase.

Blink

Post by Blink » Sat Aug 06, 2011 3:39 pm

My friend showed me Lugaru a while ago, along with the first Humble Indie Bundle. I've been lurking on the development of Overgrowth since oh, the alpha 130 video. Finally preordered today and am looking forward to trying out the alpha. :mrgreen: Huzzah for fighting bunnies!

kotorfreak1994

Post by kotorfreak1994 » Sun Aug 07, 2011 1:59 am

well my friend actually showed it to me on gttv and then I subbed to the YouTube page liked what I saw so i pre-ordered hope to see whaleman at some point :lol:

Templar

Post by Templar » Mon Aug 08, 2011 7:07 am

A friend verbally communicating to me, and showing me youtube videos of indipendant peoples views and experiences of the game and secound the official videos.

EJIT

Post by EJIT » Mon Aug 08, 2011 1:50 pm

I stumbled across one of your videos on YouTube :D

haxxmax

Post by haxxmax » Tue Aug 09, 2011 6:35 pm

I found out about it from The PC gamer cd xD i usually dont look at it but this time i did and by god i found the perfect game for me :) thanks so much makers! ( of the game , not god <.<) :P

alpineodin

Post by alpineodin » Wed Aug 10, 2011 9:54 pm

was chatting it up with jeffery rosen, for a couple hours. thought be bonded like a boss, asked him how i should get into the industry and ask if he made any games. and then i died from amazement at the videos

catzer

Post by catzer » Thu Aug 11, 2011 2:17 am

I was browsing the web, looking for some rabbit fighting game (in 2d) which I played with a friend years ago. I encountered Lugaru pretty fast and minutes later Overgrowth.
I checked the alpha-changes-videos and could not await to play the game, so I contributed.
And as Linux user, I anxiously await the Linux port!

Korban3

Post by Korban3 » Thu Aug 11, 2011 2:48 am

Here, I'll vouch for my friends too:
My friends all found out about Overgrowth every Tuesday when I came to the lunch table, all jumpy and excited about a new alpha update. At first they were kind of annoyed by it, but then the started getting excited on Tuesdays too. They started asking about OG before I could tell them about the update, although I think it was referred to as "That one rabbit game you talk about." more often than as Overgrowth :lol: .

Mille

Post by Mille » Sat Aug 13, 2011 5:53 am

I spectated some Mods on www.moddb.com and while I was on search for some new Indie Games I found Overgrowth on this Site.

kwatie

Post by kwatie » Sat Aug 13, 2011 8:30 am

I found Lugaru as a new release on a Physics-based games website. Found out about OG not long after, at that point they were still on Alpha 17 :lol: I been here a while

WolfHeart88

Post by WolfHeart88 » Sat Aug 13, 2011 3:01 pm

I heard about it from a friend on a forum. I preordered this game because it looks like it has a lot of potential. It can definatly become something great, and I also love the ragdoll epicness xD

lolloo

Post by lolloo » Sun Aug 14, 2011 12:26 pm

I found out about it through Natural Selection 2 !