How did you find out about Overgrowth?

A secret forum for people who preorder Overgrowth!
pick1scrape

Re: How did you find out about Overgrowth?

Post by pick1scrape » Fri Jun 01, 2012 2:09 am

I found out about it just as the narwhal baconed. And i fell in love immediately. :P

anthonybeta

Post by anthonybeta » Fri Jun 01, 2012 7:11 am

reddit comment telling devs of starforge to take inspiration
from overgrowths impressive animations.

i looked at youtube videos and was very impressed with the community
and dev work.

Inatore

Post by Inatore » Fri Jun 01, 2012 1:57 pm

I saw it on TIGsource; http://www.tigsource.com/2012/05/29/ove ... -on-linux/ Bunnies fighting? Fun. <-What I want in a game.

baab32

Post by baab32 » Fri Jun 01, 2012 6:20 pm

I am a big fan of lugaru and folowed all about the overgrowth developement from the blood splat effect video to today when i found out there was a split screen mode!

Wanted to pre order it for a long time but i'm kind of in a hard situation right now...but hey! had some spare cash and decided to buy it anyway because i'm to hyped about this game. This is realy a masterpiece!

Noodles

Post by Noodles » Fri Jun 01, 2012 9:32 pm

I found out about this via Nerdcubed on youtube! I've recently become a fan of his video's and have subscribed to him, funny thing is, after watching each video, he makes me want to buy the game he's played! all in all, an expensive decision to follow him! But it's worth it!

Szjara

Post by Szjara » Sat Jun 02, 2012 9:31 am

Kotaku and its Best music of 2011 brought me to the Sword&Sorcery soundtrack on youtube, and in related videos I found a presentation of S&S, along with another hilarious related video, which was about Overgrowth. The guy is pretty awesome btw, try searching "let's play indie games overgrowth".

eagle456

Post by eagle456 » Sun Jun 03, 2012 8:59 am

I heard about Overgrowth when I was on youtube a couple weeks ago watching some Minecraft tutorials and all of the sudden in one of the suggestions I saw a video called Overgrowth 170 gameplay which instantly got me to buy the game :mrgreen:

mrepicman12345

Post by mrepicman12345 » Sun Jun 03, 2012 10:46 am

I watched 13 ways to die in Batman: Arkham City by Nerdcubed. (if you want to watch it there is a link here:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6gNrQDwOrds ) After it had finished it had another video after it, and that was how i found out. Shoutout to you Nerdcubed!

Raeldor

Post by Raeldor » Sun Jun 03, 2012 12:14 pm

I was looking at the humble bundle V video that Doublefine has in their website, and at the end a video of an alpha build of Overgrowth, simple curiosity and i was amazed by the fluent movements of the characters, finally here i am.

Sanocon

Post by Sanocon » Sun Jun 03, 2012 1:46 pm

someone who preordered the game showed me overgrowth and i was ultra impressed. to see an indie game look like a AAA studio game is impressive.

iDubbbz

Post by iDubbbz » Sun Jun 03, 2012 4:32 pm

I watched a Youtube video review of it by the user : Undertwolitre AKA "Slushy_"

HAD to buy it. Fantastic idea, I look forward to playing it religiously

Bridge

Post by Bridge » Sun Jun 03, 2012 5:24 pm

I'm a huge fan of Mikko Tarmia's music for Penumbra and Amnesia and so upon visiting his website I found about this game. I didn't actually see any gameplay of it until a few minutes ago (only listened to the music which was a few years ago) and instantly pre-ordered. It looks amazing!

SpadeMonkee

Post by SpadeMonkee » Sun Jun 03, 2012 10:11 pm

I had just purchased Minecraft about a week ago (I know, took me long enough), and I became more intrigued by independent developers. The biggest thing about anything indie these days is innovation, creativity, originality, and a sense of infinite possibilities. And the video games being popped out by this obscure minority is absolutely amazing and has surpassed big-budget games in almost every aspect almost every time. But everyone already knows that. Anyhow, there is a Youtube channel called OfficialNerdCubed that's awesome. I watched a few hilarious videos and came upon a "Let's Play" of Overgrowth. I was smitten. It took a day to dwell on whether or not I would preorder, but eventually submitted. Thirty US dollars later, I'm on this forum, ready to play.

deyur

Post by deyur » Mon Jun 04, 2012 4:25 am

I was pointed to the announcement trailer for Guacamelee. At the end of the youtube video, one of the suggested videos was a recent alpha update about Overgrowth. I thought it looked like some weird free-to-play MMO from the picture, but it was odd enough that I wanted to take a look.

Downloading now. All I can say is I've watched about 60 alpha update videos, and it looks fantastic. Personally it was seeing that kind of transparency of the your development progress that made this really stand out to me.

Trylobot

Post by Trylobot » Mon Jun 04, 2012 12:35 pm

Found out via TIGSource.com