How did you find out about Overgrowth?

A secret forum for people who preorder Overgrowth!
Y2Jarlath

Re: How did you find out about Overgrowth?

Post by Y2Jarlath » Fri Nov 16, 2012 11:37 am

I found out about Overgrowth while watching Indie Game: The Movie. There was a brief clip of it and I thought that looks like Lugaru but with updated graphics. I then checked Youtube for videos on it and here I am.

Bullfrog

Post by Bullfrog » Sun Nov 18, 2012 7:10 pm

A guy on youtube by the name of OfficialNerdCubed does an indie game spotlight, and he chose Overgrowth for one of the episodes. I was amazed at how good the game looked, mainly because of the animation quality.

NeilM

Post by NeilM » Mon Nov 19, 2012 5:41 am

Bullfrog wrote:A guy on youtube by the name of OfficialNerdCubed does an indie game spotlight, and he chose Overgrowth for one of the episodes. I was amazed at how good the game looked, mainly because of the animation quality.
Exactly like me ^_^

Concor

Post by Concor » Tue Nov 20, 2012 10:07 am

NeilM wrote:
Bullfrog wrote:A guy on youtube by the name of OfficialNerdCubed does an indie game spotlight, and he chose Overgrowth for one of the episodes. I was amazed at how good the game looked, mainly because of the animation quality.
Exactly like me ^_^
same over here
_ _
o _ 0
\___/

the King Red Dragon

Post by the King Red Dragon » Tue Nov 20, 2012 2:10 pm

My brother was watching some vids (probably minecraft) then stumbled upon one of the overgrowth alpha development vids and showed it to me. I started liking it. Downloaded some older version from the internet. After that scrapped my 2 month allowance and bought this game. Support indies!
I like Lugaru too dont have any money left tho :(

Warden

Post by Warden » Tue Nov 20, 2012 5:05 pm

I made an introductory post in the Randomness board explaining how I found out about it and my initial thoughts.
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=4127&start=750

shadowthearcher

Post by shadowthearcher » Wed Nov 21, 2012 10:25 pm

I searched blockade runner on Youtube and watched Nerd3 play it and in the recommended / related bar at the side it showed him play Overgrowth. So I watched it and watched even more videos. Eventually I convinced my dad to buy it for me and I got the demo of Lugaru too.

DarkSideofOZ

Post by DarkSideofOZ » Thu Nov 22, 2012 9:07 am

reddit, always reddit. I saw early alpha build videos on reddit and thought the combat and mechanics were absolutely fantastic. I love the fast paced action and absolutely brutal combat.

tusason

Post by tusason » Fri Nov 23, 2012 2:21 am

I heard about it from a friend well a cousin who told me about it. After watching a couple of those update videos on YouTube I decided to buy it. Especially that you got receiver for free to.

Vrav

Post by Vrav » Fri Nov 23, 2012 5:25 pm

I remember seeing a friend playing a Lugaru alpha build back in middleschool, on his laptop in Chemistry class. It was so sweet. I think the website we frequented back then was called iDevGames or something, for Mac developers.

In later years I discovered the old blog, with lots of interesting Lugaru 2 stuff. That eventually led to the announcement of Overgrowth, and the rest is history!

WOOZIE99

Post by WOOZIE99 » Sat Nov 24, 2012 2:25 pm

Nerd Cubed review

pedrorguez

Post by pedrorguez » Sun Nov 25, 2012 4:36 am

Mount&Blade forums

PwnDailY

Post by PwnDailY » Mon Nov 26, 2012 3:30 pm

Acually I pirated it and loved it so much that i decided it was worth spending my money on so I bought it :D

Solstice

Post by Solstice » Mon Nov 26, 2012 10:44 pm

YouTube videos of the original game pushed me to check the website and found out about the new game and it looked like good fun and who wouldn't want to support someone making a game with a lot of potential

julianlaudan

Post by julianlaudan » Fri Nov 30, 2012 1:00 pm

I have to admit I'm not very sure. I watch the Alpha Reviews for 2 years I think now, but since I've always been to school, never had any money I didn't bought it. I think I got it from Serialtinus on YouTube, who's creating a indie game called Volo Airsport. But now I started an apprenticeship as a webdeveloper and earn some money, so I bought it! Thanks guys!