How did you find out about Overgrowth?

A secret forum for people who preorder Overgrowth!
littleTwilight

Re: How did you find out about Overgrowth?

Post by littleTwilight » Wed Jan 27, 2016 8:40 pm

Well, at first I noticed it at Steam and it was cool. That was like 2 years ago or less and then I downloaded a pirated version cause buying steam games is a problem where I live.
A few days ago Overgrowth came to my mind and I downloaded it again (pirated as well) but as I played the whole day for a week I really considered buying it and it is such and so that I bought it hours ago :D

Ajej12

Post by Ajej12 » Thu Feb 04, 2016 6:57 pm

I found out about overgrowth when watching a "cry talks" video and he was playing this game as background video. I never really saw anything like this video game before and I got really obsessed about it!

Oxii

Post by Oxii » Tue Feb 09, 2016 7:12 am

So i was watching a YouTube video from someone who played Overgrowth (forgot his name tbh). I was obsessed with Lugaru so i bought it right away.

Van

Post by Van » Sat Feb 20, 2016 11:44 pm

So I wrote a review about Overgrowth on Steam.

Constance
Overgrowth Modder Deluxe

Post by Constance » Sun Feb 21, 2016 12:11 am

Van wrote:So I wrote a review about Overgrowth on Steam.
Cool.

Cabazorro

Post by Cabazorro » Sat Feb 27, 2016 7:03 pm

About 2 years ago I was watching some trash like games top ten's and such, I was really bored and I found none of the videos interesting until I saw a video in the "similar videos" section that was called something like "top 10 indie/unknown games". I just liked the looks of the plane in the thumbnail. In the video were a lot of average games except for the one called overgrowth, this one was above them all. The top 10 was as simple as it gets, "10 (shows very little footage of the game with no commentary on it whatsoever)-9...repeat". But then this game where I see a rabbit doing a long ass jump and landing on this rock thing (hex crete) to then fight this other rabbits and get wrecked. It caught my attention instantly, everything was so unique and bizarre in some way. The platforming, the animations, the violence, the sounds, the amazing near perfect combat system, the oddity of them being humanoid rabbits, the art and looks of it, it all was so amazing in those 6 seconds of footage (I shit you not it was 6 seconds). I got obsessed with this thing and wanted to know more about the game and how to get it, it had such a unique atmosphere to it, such a weird and unique feeling. Shortly after that I bought the game and I still love it.

Desedenes

Post by Desedenes » Sat Mar 12, 2016 3:21 am

I found overgrowth as a comic about 5 years ago, than I lost connection absolutely for 5 years then saw it was available on Steam and purchased a copy.

ICKMAN7

Post by ICKMAN7 » Sun Mar 13, 2016 10:52 am

I found about the game from Nerd3. His video looked awesome, and I knew I wanted it.

xweert123

Post by xweert123 » Thu Mar 17, 2016 4:20 am

Nerd3 made me learn about this video aaaaages ago. I don't even remember how long ago it was.

ScarXL

Post by ScarXL » Tue May 03, 2016 4:42 am

I heard about it from JackSepticEye, Markiplier and NerdCubed.

When I saw the gameplay, the movement mechanics (parkour) and the amazing combat (along with the awesome blood), I immediately preordered this game. Don't even care how much it has been in alpha or development and how much time will it still continue to be, I will still enjoy this game.:)

Majikmon

Post by Majikmon » Thu May 05, 2016 9:36 pm

I found out about Overgrowth a few days ago from the suggested videos sidebar on Youtube. I saw the game title and Turner in the thumbnail, and seeing an anthro rabbit in a decently rendered and official looking game format was automatically interesting to me (I was reminded of the beastmen of Skyrim when I first saw it). After watching that first video (I don't remember the name of the Youtuber that posted it) I was hooked.

I have no idea how many videos I have now watched related to Overgrowth and its content. All I know is that it had me obsessed after the first couple of peeks.

Coolasjr

Post by Coolasjr » Sat Jul 09, 2016 3:13 am

I saw it on NerdCubed

CharlieA0428

Post by CharlieA0428 » Thu Jul 21, 2016 11:51 am

Let's just say I used to watch a lot of iDubbbz... before he went psycho.

Rieynherd684

Post by Rieynherd684 » Sat Sep 17, 2016 11:29 pm

I stumbled across overgrowth, as a result of a good discussion with my a friend of mine about if we could create a video game what exactly, kind of video game would we create. After some ideas and details, we wanted to see if we could find pictures similar to our ideas so as we could have a visual for our game, since we couldn't possible have painted our drawn exactly what we were thinking. So whilst I was googling though images on google, I came across one of a rabbit (Turner) that was so dagum cool it was like, 'this is what I had envisioned this to look like'. The picture had immeadiatly grapsed my attention. And upon clicking the image to get a better lookat it, it redirected me to a video on youtube that basically mirrored all of our game ideas.And they were being played out right before my eyes. So I told this unto my friend and sent him the link and he was as fassinated as I was. We were both captivated by it. And shortly after we began researching and looking into this game that is being developed called Overgrowth. We each agreed to plan to buy it so as we could play on it together, I became the first to purchase it, however, due to my lack of knowledge concerning Overgrowth's computer requirments -- what it takes to run it -- I must buy or find a whole new computer to play the game upon, and still have yet to open up the launcher and play it for my ownself. Still fasinated at how much it mirrors our own intrest of our video game design.

DHermit

Post by DHermit » Sun Sep 25, 2016 11:31 am

Actually I played Lugaru many years ago when Overgrowth was released. But then forgot about it and found it again several years later and I was surprised, that the development is still active and preordered it.

I still can't play it (and was never be able to), because it's way too laggy and slow on my be PC, but sometime I will buy better hardware and play it.