How did you find out about Overgrowth?

A secret forum for people who preorder Overgrowth!
Tonjevic

Re: How did you find about Overgrowth?

Post by Tonjevic » Sun Jan 16, 2011 12:08 am

Ages ago you guys ran a promotion where Lugaru was free or very cheap or something. It's gotta be a 2-3 years back by now, because it was before the weekly alphas were being released. Anyway, I had a bunch of fun with Lugaru, and got a feel for the dev team by their posts and interacting with them in IRC and on the forums. I immediately decided to support this team of indie developers which seemed to be uniquely keyed into the community, as well as being capable and innovative developers and nice guys to boot!

At the time, I didn't really mind how Overgrowth would eventually turn out, but it's certainly shaping up very nicely. I think I made the right decision in pre-ordering; I've gotten more enjoyment from the blog and observing the evolution of the game than I do from most games, and Overgrowth isn't even out yet!

Gegnar

Post by Gegnar » Sun Jan 16, 2011 1:51 am

I Paid above average for the humble indie bundle 2. and as a result i got bundle #1 for free. i played the tutorial on lugaru HD. Kinda forgot about it for a month, then i suggested it to a friend of mine who i knew would likely enjoy it, And as i am looking for youtube videos to show him how the gameplay works, i find one that mentions overgrowth, so i decide to check it out and find out that it's bunnies!.. with better graphics!. and wallrunning this time!.

There was just something with the potential of the game that blew me away and i had to preorder. Seeing the incredible engine you have as a base for the game made me wonder what could be done with it. I mean, you've already built the cornerstones for what could be a massive game. I just hope it lives up to the potential it has.

What really made me decide to spend money on this game though, was the fact that you are actively working on it and publishing videos every week to make people know progress IS indeed being made.

Krabman318

Post by Krabman318 » Sun Jan 16, 2011 9:11 am

I had just bought the game Rubber Ninjas and saw a Level called "Turner the Rabbit" on the website.
There also was a link which led me to Wolfire, where downloaded Lugaru. Some weeks later I preordered Overgrowth .

Glicerart

Post by Glicerart » Sun Jan 16, 2011 9:53 am

I meet Overgrow in ModDB. Weekly videos make me buy it!

Count Roland

Post by Count Roland » Sun Jan 16, 2011 3:38 pm

I was a bit of a lugaru fanatic for a while, and of course was mega excited when Lugaru 2 was announced and followed that all avidly, and then one day jeff gave me a link to the Overgrowth site to ask how it ran, and I preordered as soon as I could after that.

Zephil

Post by Zephil » Sun Jan 16, 2011 7:09 pm

I first saw overgrowth even before I had played lugaru. A friend of mine liked the facebook page =p

ZramuliZ

Post by ZramuliZ » Mon Jan 17, 2011 9:17 am

I was searching a way to make decals for my engine and found the Wolfire blog. After reading it a while I was thinking of buying it but I don't have too much money, so when the NS2/Overgrowth bundle was announced I just had to buy it :D

Best1996

Post by Best1996 » Mon Jan 17, 2011 11:31 am

been a die hard lugaru fan back in the days, until you guys announced overgrowth :mrgreen:

Brilleklaus

Post by Brilleklaus » Mon Jan 17, 2011 4:03 pm

I was reading about Super Meat Boy, when I stumbled upon Super Meat Bunny XD

Jake teh Hake

Post by Jake teh Hake » Mon Jan 17, 2011 4:10 pm

After playing Lugaru from the Humble Bundle, I thought "Wow, that was really awesome, I wonder if there's a sequel". So I Googled Lugaru 2 and found some of the early youtube videos. After watching the videos, and subsequently finding the website, I was sold, and preordered the game the next day :)

Leporidae

Post by Leporidae » Mon Jan 17, 2011 4:43 pm

First met Overgrowth in the Natural Selection 2 bundle.
Looked at it. Liked it. Preordered it.

Later then I got Lugaru in the Humble Indie Bundle. Liked it too :)

lynge

Post by lynge » Mon Jan 17, 2011 5:36 pm

got Lugaru from a friend how bought the Humble Indie bundle two times by a mistake...
I wasn't a big fan of Lugaru but in further investigation of wolfire - i discovered Overgrowth and was immediately sold. preordered i right away!

Lord Of The Night

Post by Lord Of The Night » Mon Jan 17, 2011 7:59 pm

I found out about Overgrowth through igf.com, you guys got an honorable mention in the Technical Excellence category. :)

Siikez

Post by Siikez » Mon Jan 17, 2011 8:35 pm

Mine seems to be completely different to everyone elses,

I was youtube searching for Speed Paintings, (since I love to digital paint) and saw the few speed paintings of the rat, dog, cat, rabbit, wolf, etc and loved the style. Then I started to wonder what overgrowth was, saw that it was a ragdoll game that actually looked amazing, then watched all of the videos then was immediatley sold, I had heard nothing about Lugaru or indie bundle things, but this game is right up my alley, ragdoll + violence + customization = sold. :D

Alpharius

Post by Alpharius » Tue Jan 18, 2011 2:10 am

I first saw Overgrowth on one of the video tutorials featured on Gametrailers.com last year. Ever since then, I had my eye on the game until i finally found a way to preorder the game and run it on a suitable peice of hardware.