Unofficial Overgrowth a115, weekly build

A secret forum for people who preorder Overgrowth!
Jeff
Evil Twin

Unofficial Overgrowth a115, weekly build

Post by Jeff » Tue Jan 25, 2011 2:49 am

The unofficial, Overgrowth a115 leaked build is here!

(watch in hd)

Changelog:
- Color tint (xml and in-game color picker) with overbright
- Active block is working again (tap r-click)
- Camera control in character script
- Limits on camera rotation
- Scriptable camera roll and shake
- Smooth camera distance interpolation
- Export and import camera animation from Blender
- DDS conversion tool for smoother deployment
- "Remove unused actions" blender script

A "leaked build" is when John and I grab the latest SVN build and package it up for you guys. It has a ton of known bugs, so don't worry if it doesn't work for you. It is not condoned by David and Aubrey but we want to keep you guys in the loop and give you stuff to play with regularly!

*NEW* If you find any bugs, please email a full description along with your system specs to [email protected]. We are testing out a new bug system.

*NOTE* Please remember that these are unofficial alphas and they do not represent a finished product. They are not even polished builds, just straight up raw development dumps not intended for public consumption.

To download the alpha, use one of these links (please use the mirrors!)

Win (exe): slow original fast EU mirror 1 *new* fast US mirror 1 BitTorrent - please seed
MD5 = f88ce41b24ece8f681aeae642b094336

Mac: slow original fast EU mirror 1 *new* fast US mirror 1 BitTorrent - please seed
MD5 = 3539ad61cbe3c2e802bf8cda4254f1ab

Please use the speedy mirrors, they are all graciously provided by Mow of FoCo Gaming and should provide much faster download speeds. They will also save us a lot of money. :D

Just want the changes from the last alpha to a115? http://cdn.wolfire.com/alpha/diffs/a115.zip

Subscribe to the dev blog!

Note! No Linux support at the moment -- we are waiting on Awesomium for these. AJS says that Linux support is on the horizon, but we cannot make any concrete estimates for it. In the meantime, we are working with the creator of Berkelium to switch to that, which has a Linux build, so we will no longer be dependent on Awesomium.

brigadesoft

Re: Unofficial Overgrowth a115, weekly build

Post by brigadesoft » Tue Jan 25, 2011 3:02 am

Interesting.

xpk3

Post by xpk3 » Tue Jan 25, 2011 3:09 am

Yay, my favorite time of the week. Looking forward to playing around with the colour picker.

HarroK

Post by HarroK » Tue Jan 25, 2011 3:19 am

Come on, create faq or something about updating alpha at last

Scorpion1122

Post by Scorpion1122 » Tue Jan 25, 2011 4:12 am

Awesome update, got me some fun new things to play around with ^^

Hareesun

Post by Hareesun » Tue Jan 25, 2011 6:12 am

I've still got the same locked movement bug.
viewtopic.php?f=13&t=7670&start=45#p121074
Hareesun wrote:I preordered the other day, but can't play :(

I've got a show-stopping bug. I've submitted it, but don't know if it's been looked at or anything. I'm just posting it here in case anyone else has heard of it.

Loading up is fine and selecting a map works fine too. The problem occurs when the map has fully loaded and rendered and the camera/player is on the map. It's as if my keyboards directional keys are being held down in the opposite direction. Usually the camera/player should move ahead of the direction I'm looking, but it's stuck in reverse. All other keys seem to work usually it's just the WASD. I've tried reprogramming them to other keys and the problem persists. Holding W + A seems to pause the player but doesn't affect the camera in editor mode.

Here's a video of the problem, hope it helps. http://ha.reesun.me/=/bug.mov (107.2mb)

Bruce Campbell

Post by Bruce Campbell » Tue Jan 25, 2011 7:54 am

this is good, I have to only upgrade my 114 alpha :mrgreen:

ijyt

Post by ijyt » Tue Jan 25, 2011 8:13 am

Aaw, I liked the upside down camera.

superstepa

Post by superstepa » Tue Jan 25, 2011 9:03 am

Ouch!
I was hoping for the lagging ragdoll fix

jaketa

Post by jaketa » Tue Jan 25, 2011 9:19 am

Hareesun wrote:I've still got the same locked movement bug.
viewtopic.php?f=13&t=7670&start=45#p121074
Hareesun wrote:I preordered the other day, but can't play :(

I've got a show-stopping bug. I've submitted it, but don't know if it's been looked at or anything. I'm just posting it here in case anyone else has heard of it.

Loading up is fine and selecting a map works fine too. The problem occurs when the map has fully loaded and rendered and the camera/player is on the map. It's as if my keyboards directional keys are being held down in the opposite direction. Usually the camera/player should move ahead of the direction I'm looking, but it's stuck in reverse. All other keys seem to work usually it's just the WASD. I've tried reprogramming them to other keys and the problem persists. Holding W + A seems to pause the player but doesn't affect the camera in editor mode.

Here's a video of the problem, hope it helps. http://ha.reesun.me/=/bug.mov (107.2mb)

Hi, I'm new here! I preordered yesterday, and I'm having the exact same issue.

I'm playing on a Macbook that is 3 years old and has a very low level graphic card, so I was expecting some trouble running the game. It loads fine, but then there's this weird thing about the camera/controls.

I've tried the game on a newer Mac (Macbook Pro, 1 year old) and have no issues there.

Hareesun

Post by Hareesun » Tue Jan 25, 2011 9:41 am

jaketa wrote: Hi, I'm new here! I preordered yesterday, and I'm having the exact same issue.

I'm playing on a Macbook that is 3 years old and has a very low level graphic card, so I was expecting some trouble running the game. It loads fine, but then there's this weird thing about the camera/controls.

I've tried the game on a newer Mac (Macbook Pro, 1 year old) and have no issues there.
Out of curiosity, do you have any Logitech Drivers installed on the crazy locked Macbook? I'm on a insanely powerful iMac, so it's definitely not a performance issue. I can only imagine that because it's in the past 3 alphas for me that it's to do with something else I have installed. Together we can probably nail it down! :)

pandafriend

Post by pandafriend » Tue Jan 25, 2011 9:53 am

How do you edit the camera? where is the script for that and how can i use it?

Azminday

Post by Azminday » Tue Jan 25, 2011 10:45 am

I liked being able to rotate the camera all the way around! :(

jaketa

Post by jaketa » Tue Jan 25, 2011 11:13 am

Hareesun wrote:
jaketa wrote: Hi, I'm new here! I preordered yesterday, and I'm having the exact same issue.

Out of curiosity, do you have any Logitech Drivers installed on the crazy locked Macbook? I'm on a insanely powerful iMac, so it's definitely not a performance issue. I can only imagine that because it's in the past 3 alphas for me that it's to do with something else I have installed. Together we can probably nail it down! :)

Mmm yes I have, I'm using a Logitech mouse and have the Logitech Control Center installed. Is that what you mean? On the other Macbook Pro I also use the same mouse but the Control Center is not installed, and the game runs fine. Maybe it has something to do with that?

Anton
pretty cool guy

Post by Anton » Tue Jan 25, 2011 11:15 am

Hareesun wrote:Out of curiosity, do you have any Logitech Drivers installed on the crazy locked Macbook? I'm on a insanely powerful iMac, so it's definitely not a performance issue. I can only imagine that because it's in the past 3 alphas for me that it's to do with something else I have installed. Together we can probably nail it down! :)
I'm on an insanely powerful MacPro and I use Logitech Drivers for my trackball, and don't have any issues... I can't say it's not the problem, but the game is still working for me.