[Mod] Community Content Browser List

Aaron

Re: Mod: Main Menu with Custom Maps (Over 40 user maps inclu

Post by Aaron » Sun Oct 16, 2011 12:36 pm

Silverfish wrote:Samusaaron, I want to report a bug in the Windows version of your application.

If you have a space in the program path it will generate an error when you try to start the program saying it can't find the jar file.
Thanks! I'll see what I can do tomorrow to fix it.

Anton
pretty cool guy

Re: Mod: Main Menu with Custom Maps (Over 45 user maps inclu

Post by Anton » Sun Oct 16, 2011 1:12 pm

Just an update, I've added 6 new maps today - SuXoR's The Gate of Allisand, ZramuliZ's first 4 Lugaru challenges, and Adwuga's Aesop's Challenge. Please refer to the original post for updating instructions.

(Hint: I'm only updating this mod using Aaron's updater/installer application...)

Anton
pretty cool guy

Post by Anton » Mon Oct 17, 2011 11:46 am

Another small update: added Aubrey's test level from the alpha 153 change log video.

Alpharius

Post by Alpharius » Mon Oct 17, 2011 5:35 pm

everytime i try to load a map, all i get are the toolbars, and the wolfire loading screen frozen in the background...

Anton
pretty cool guy

Post by Anton » Mon Oct 17, 2011 5:41 pm

Alpharius wrote:everytime i try to load a map, all i get are the toolbars, and the wolfire loading screen frozen in the background...
Are you able to load the maps normally? Or the default maps from my UI? I haven't changed the original maps at all. You issue sounds like it might be something other than this mod... but let me know what happens.

Alpharius

Post by Alpharius » Mon Oct 17, 2011 5:48 pm

ariehl wrote:
Alpharius wrote:everytime i try to load a map, all i get are the toolbars, and the wolfire loading screen frozen in the background...
Are you able to load the maps normally? Or the default maps from my UI? I haven't changed the original maps at all. You issue sounds like it might be something other than this mod... but let me know what happens.
i'm loading the original maps. Before dowloading your mod, i did have the old china UI though. Think it may have something to do with that?

adwuga

Post by adwuga » Mon Oct 17, 2011 5:50 pm

try changing editor mode in your config to true. They couldn't fix this since they couldn't figure out the problem, but that should change this week.

last

Post by last » Mon Oct 17, 2011 5:55 pm

no it's not. thery are competly different UI's - 1 for map loading 2 for item/object browser.
I belive there is somekind of problem with your original alpha/computer
Did you tryed to run your alpha without mod's? Did it work then?
if not try that viewtopic.php?f=13&t=12719 this was for alpha 152 but you can try it with 153 also

Anton
pretty cool guy

Post by Anton » Mon Oct 17, 2011 5:57 pm

Alpharius wrote:
ariehl wrote:
i'm loading the original maps. Before dowloading your mod, i did have the old china UI though. Think it may have something to do with that?
I doubt the Old China mod is the problem, because I have it installed as well. However, I think Adwuga's fix might help...

Alpharius

Post by Alpharius » Mon Oct 17, 2011 7:10 pm

fixed thx

Anton
pretty cool guy

Post by Anton » Mon Oct 17, 2011 8:55 pm

Alpharius, I'm sad I can't include your map in this mod. :( Unfortunately, forcing people to install the Old China mod would be a little taxing on my server... but I can't wait to try the map out!

Alpharius

Post by Alpharius » Tue Oct 18, 2011 2:29 am

ariehl wrote:Alpharius, I'm sad I can't include your map in this mod. :( Unfortunately, forcing people to install the Old China mod would be a little taxing on my server... but I can't wait to try the map out!
Oh, no worries man! I'm just happy to get the map out in the open. Hopefully a fix for the errors could be posted in my map's thread. I'm alittle dissapointed at that, but if anybody actually takes the time to give the map a try, or even watches the video i made i'll be just as pleased. I hate the fact that i cant even load my first map myself though... that makes me sad. I put so much into it :?

Aaron

Post by Aaron » Tue Oct 18, 2011 3:16 am

I've made a minor update to the auto-updater. The new version should fit the UI style of each operating system better (hopefully making it a bit more user friendly). Thank you to DoctorGester for the suggestion!

Unfortunately I have been unable to fix the issue where the Windows version of the updater will not work if it is placed in a directory path that includes a space - this is a limitation caused by the Windows command prompt. If anyone has any ideas/suggestions, please let me know!

The new auto-updater is available on Anton's website (Anton: please move the new versions into my folder when you get the chance.)

Download:

Edited: Please use SUMLauncher to install this mod now.

---Edited by Anton--- I've moved the files to the same location as before, and updated these two links.

--Edited by Aaron-- Thank you Anton :)
Last edited by Aaron on Wed Oct 19, 2011 11:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

adwuga

Post by adwuga » Tue Oct 18, 2011 7:35 am

Have you tried putting "quotes" around the directory? I don't know if it will work, but that is often a way to include the writing after the space in command prompt. For some things I have done it has worked, for others, I just had to rename the directory. It's worth a try though.

DoctorGester

Post by DoctorGester » Tue Oct 18, 2011 10:07 am

adwuga is right, use "" in file path.
Btw. i'm using jar2exe wizard, and i think it's better than your launcher, cus it packs jar into exe completefully and u can run it with double click like any exe and so.