Emerald Treetops! -Map

Alpharius

Emerald Treetops! -Map

Post by Alpharius » Mon Oct 17, 2011 2:43 pm

Welcome to Emerald Treetops!
It took me FOREVER to finish the map, though i must admit i did not have the patience to finish the cave :( .... Well i hope you guys enjoy it. I tried to poulate the village, but it was killing my framerate, but its not copletely empty. This map was made in a132 (I'm kinda behind, i know), and i havent tried updating it yet, but i'll upload it anyway, and then see if it works with the current release. This map requires the OldChina pack to play it too by the way.

Let me know if u like it
Attachments
EmeraldTreetops.xml
(460.47 KiB) Downloaded 76 times
Overgrowth 2011-10-16 13-10-50-74.jpg
Overgrowth 2011-10-16 13-11-18-20.jpg
Overgrowth 2011-10-16 13-12-30-55.jpg

Alpharius

Re: Emerald Treetops! -Map

Post by Alpharius » Mon Oct 17, 2011 5:03 pm

UPDATE: I get a bunch of errors when loading the map on current build.Sorry!

last

Re: Emerald Treetops!

Post by last » Mon Oct 17, 2011 5:36 pm

first looks like there where 2 errors about shader that Markuss was useing in Old china so we who are playng it with current alpha may or may not see all the objects/object shadows/trees/leaves right

But i think the level is really cool looking.

Also here is a question for Markuss. Can i try to repair and release that shader you are useing or you want to do it yourself? All you have to do is make new plant_shiney.frag file.

Alpharius

Post by Alpharius » Mon Oct 17, 2011 7:11 pm

last wrote:first looks like there where 2 errors about shader that Markuss was useing in Old china so we who are playng it with current alpha may or may not see all the objects/object shadows/trees/leaves right

But i think the level is really cool looking.

Also here is a question for Markuss. Can i try to repair and release that shader you are useing or you want to do it yourself? All you have to do is make new plant_shiney.frag file.
i'm glad you like it. hopefully a fix can be found for this

Rovert

Post by Rovert » Mon Oct 17, 2011 7:15 pm

Are those big blue rocks supposed to be part of the name inspiration for the map? Because emeralds are green; those look more like giant sapphires.

Btw, map looks really cool. I love the idea of tree villages.

Markuss

Post by Markuss » Mon Oct 17, 2011 8:36 pm

last wrote:Can i try to repair and release that shader you are useing or you want to do it yourself? All you have to do is make new plant_shiney.frag file.
i could simply use the standard plant shader, imma go back to this set and improve a bunch of things once i'm done with my current set...

Alpharius

Post by Alpharius » Tue Oct 18, 2011 2:17 am

Rovert wrote:Are those big blue rocks supposed to be part of the name inspiration for the map? Because emeralds are green; those look more like giant sapphires.

Btw, map looks really cool. I love the idea of tree villages.
LOL no, those big blue gems were definately not the name inspiration :roll: . I chose the name mainly because my last map was called Emerald valley. Besides that, if you watched the video, you'd see a bigass emerald mounted on top of one of the small buildings, and the large emerald shards in front of the giant buddah....

last

Post by last » Thu Oct 20, 2011 3:43 am

I have a quic fix for that shader problem
Go to Overgrowth/Data/GLSL and find now plant_shiney.frag delete it. Now find plant.frag and make a coppy of it and rename it to plant_shiney.frag
It should make the trick

Alpharius

Post by Alpharius » Sun Oct 23, 2011 3:48 am

last wrote:I have a quic fix for that shader problem
Go to Overgrowth/Data/GLSL and find now plant_shiney.frag delete it. Now find plant.frag and make a coppy of it and rename it to plant_shiney.frag
It should make the trick
i'll try that

Alpharius

Post by Alpharius » Thu Jun 20, 2013 9:21 pm

so bummed this map didn't make it into the SUMLauncher

Anton
pretty cool guy

Post by Anton » Fri Jun 21, 2013 1:42 am

Alpharius wrote:so bummed this map didn't make it into the SUMLauncher
Unfortunately, this map uses the old version of Markuss' Old China assets, which are not compatible with SUMLauncher. He is planning to update his v2 assets to a more useable form, which will be included in SUMLauncher.

I do still have the original Old China assets, so I have been thinking about packaging up the required parts of it for the few levels that still use it (this one, "The Moon Is Down", and "Sacred Gardens"), but I haven't quite had the time to focus on it. If I can get caught up with my other maps (which I should do in the next few weeks) I will then look into this proposition.

Markuss

Post by Markuss » Tue Jun 25, 2013 12:31 am

keep waiting, i'm still working on stuff.

Anton
pretty cool guy

Post by Anton » Tue Jun 25, 2013 3:08 am

Markuss wrote:keep waiting, i'm still working on stuff.
Awesome news! :) Once we package up the old china assets and and american city assets to be compatible with SUMLauncher, I should be able to finish updating all the maps! I will be quite excited!