Flying Mod

Horridius

Re: Flying Mod

Post by Horridius » Sat Dec 08, 2012 2:04 pm

Haha that swoop is hilarious, gonna play around with it a bit this evening.

CryptoSeven

Post by CryptoSeven » Sat Dec 08, 2012 5:34 pm

A small problem with the swoop is you can't drop enemies and reactivate glide without picking them up again. Makes it hard to do cool stuff like diving down and dropping your enemies to certain death and gliding away. Many times you accidentally rescue the poor suckers. So I added a check to the swoop. If you hold jump button swoop wont be initialized.
EPR89 wrote:Maybe you could implement one feature of the AATweaks mod to make that manoeuvre a bit more difficult: with enough speed contact with another actor results in your character becoming an active ragdoll for a set amount of time (the wipeout hotspot has such a timer if I remember correctly), long enough to not allow you to roll out of it before hitting the ground in most cases. Sure, the enemy will get hurt from being knocked over as well, but you are usually going at a very high speed and a crash into the ground would be pretty terrible. So if you miscalculate and hit with more than just your feet you are in serious trouble.

Anyway, awesome addition!
That would probably make swooping nearly impossible at high speed. I want it to be a maneuver that utilizes speed and rewards it. Generally I'm against extra limitations when going fast because speed is a perfect difficulty adjuster to let good players go faster while it naturally makes things harder.
Advance123 wrote:Just thought I'd point out that you can sort of glide by repeatedly tapping shift to roll while in the air, as shown here -
Consider it a clue for something else I'd like to add if possible. Did some quick prototyping before deciding to focus on the swoop first, accidentally left a line in there. The roll feels kind of useless and I want to try transforming it into a sonic like speed spin.

Here's latest update with swoop interrupt and bug fixes.
Attachments
Flying Mod vswoopusinterruptus.zip
(142.8 KiB) Downloaded 50 times

EPR89

Post by EPR89 » Sat Dec 08, 2012 7:50 pm

I see what you did with that file name.
I'm not sure if I can condone it, but I'll definitely try it out. :lol:

zzbolt

Post by zzbolt » Mon Dec 10, 2012 12:54 am

Cool mod bro, but whenever i try to choose a map and start the game i'm getting an error that says "Compiling bool WantsToThrowEnemy()
ERR: playercontrol.as (147, 24) 'charmods' is not declared
WARN: playercontrol.as (149, 21) 'mod_response' is not
initialized." Then after i hit continue it says "Could not compile script: Data/Scripts/playercontrol.as" any help would be greatly appreciated!

last

Post by last » Mon Dec 10, 2012 11:58 am

zzbolt wrote:Cool mod bro, but whenever i try to choose a map and start the game i'm getting an error that says "Compiling bool WantsToThrowEnemy()
initialized." Then after i hit continue it says "Could not compile script: Data/Scripts/playercontrol.as" any help would be greatly appreciated!
Did you happen to have my blood mod/ no death mod installed before you installed this mod?
If so, then i recommend you to download original scripts files and install them, to reset all the scripts, before you install any another script mod.
The problem right now is that some of the script mods use same script files that others do. This means that you have to uninstall the mod before you can install another

EPR89

Post by EPR89 » Mon Dec 10, 2012 1:53 pm

last wrote:
zzbolt wrote:Cool mod bro, but whenever i try to choose a map and start the game i'm getting an error that says "Compiling bool WantsToThrowEnemy()
Did you happen to have my blood mod/ no death mod installed before you installed this mod?
If so, then i recommend you to download original scripts files and install them, to reset all the scripts, before you install any another script mod.
The problem right now is that some of the script mods use same script files that others do. This means that you have to uninstall the mod before you can install another
Or edit the files by hand and see if they can be combined...
Yeah, I guess I'll just play with one mod at a time.

zzbolt

Post by zzbolt » Mon Dec 10, 2012 7:33 pm

EPR89 wrote:
last wrote:

So could I just use the SUMlauncher to reinstall?

Anton
pretty cool guy

Post by Anton » Mon Dec 10, 2012 7:37 pm

zzbolt wrote:So could I just use the SUMlauncher to reinstall?
SUMLauncher could reinstall the whole game for you, but that is probably a longer process than you want to go through. The easier step will be to download the scripts folder for your current build (available here) and replace all your scripts, then install the mod. (We will add a function for this to SUMLauncher soon™ and then it will be easier.)

zzbolt

Post by zzbolt » Mon Dec 10, 2012 8:27 pm

Anton wrote:
zzbolt wrote:So could I just use the SUMlauncher to reinstall?
SUMLauncher could reinstall the whole game for you, but that is probably a longer process than you want to go through. The easier step will be to download the scripts folder for your current build (available here) and replace all your scripts, then install the mod. (We will add a function for this to SUMLauncher soon™ and then it will be easier.)
Thanks

zzbolt

Post by zzbolt » Mon Dec 10, 2012 8:28 pm

EPR89 wrote:
last wrote:
Thanks for all the help guys! I got it working.

CryptoSeven

Post by CryptoSeven » Sat Dec 15, 2012 11:37 pm

I've been thinking about the air roll. It looks good and all but on the lethalness scale it doesn't score high (unless you count suicides). Double jump was quite cool but in a flying mod it fades into uselessness. Once again the air roll has evolved! This time with speedy sparkling bouncy deadly powers waiting to be harnessed by mighty flyers . Can you ride the air dash or will you simply break your neck?

Here's how the air dash works:
Activates like air roll, but only if you're not holding space. This way normal parkour isn't affected. While dashing you can steer with regular glide or flap, but everything will go alot faster. Dashing grants you the ability to bounce off ground instead of dying. If you come at high enough speed you can also kill enemies with the dash. You get one dash per flight, but can reset ability by wall jumping or attacking enemy.

Collision detection probably isn't meant to handle these speeds so there are occasions when you and enemies fall through ground.

Anyone else remember sparkleflip mod by NMcCoy?
viewtopic.php?f=16&t=14172&p=148819&hilit=sonic#p148819
I never got a chance to try it but seemed like the perfect effect for making air dash look more powerful. Took some shoehorning to get in but it's almost weird how well it suits the air dash.

The swoop maneuver is now bound by a lower speed limit. If you go too slow it wont work. This prevents abusing it in close combat and keeps it in the role of surprise attack but still allows good players to perform on moving targets.
Attachments
Flying Mod vdash.zip
(175.81 KiB) Downloaded 38 times

Macrauchenia

Post by Macrauchenia » Sun Dec 16, 2012 2:14 am

:o .....

I'm speechless, this is just so amazingly awesome. I've yet to successfully kill an enemy with the dash, but MAN is it fun to bounce off obstacles with it.

GREAT WORK!

adwuga

Post by adwuga » Sun Dec 16, 2012 3:04 am

I literally found my mouth open at the end of that video. I think turners conversion into superman is complete.

Hg341

Post by Hg341 » Sun Dec 16, 2012 6:34 pm

air dash is fun but broken. i have to land and nearly stop moving before i can use it again

EPR89

Post by EPR89 » Sun Dec 16, 2012 7:03 pm

Hg341 wrote:air dash is fun but broken. i have to land and nearly stop moving before i can use it again
Might wanna look here.
CryptoSeven wrote:You get one dash per flight, but can reset ability by wall jumping or attacking enemy.