how to run so fast like sonic?

spawnom

how to run so fast like sonic?

Post by spawnom » Wed Sep 26, 2012 3:49 pm

I know i can use the parameters in the game by clicking on the character spawn box and press ''u'' to adjust the movement parameters, but if i want to set it higher than 140 it goes back to 140?
I'm sorry im a bit of a noob with this kinda stuff..

Does anyone know how to set movement speed higher like to 800 or something?

CJAwesome

Re: how to run so fast like sonic?

Post by CJAwesome » Wed Sep 26, 2012 5:41 pm

I want to do the same thing with damage resistance so I could make it almost impossible to die

Anton
pretty cool guy

Post by Anton » Thu Sep 27, 2012 2:17 am

It looks like when David added the slider values, he also set min and max values, which means you can't set the values beyond his limits. Hopefully this is something that he opens up again sometime.

human_dictionary
Location: united states of the united kingdom of teletubbyland

Post by human_dictionary » Wed Oct 10, 2012 11:02 am

setting move speed between 30-50 is good, but beware that if you jump, you will probs go though the terrain

zzwerty

Post by zzwerty » Fri Oct 12, 2012 2:01 am

You can cheat to do this by deleting the 'movement speed' slider by clicking the X on the right of it, creating a text box, and renaming it to 'Movement Speed' then typing in a value like 800.

Anton
pretty cool guy

Post by Anton » Mon Oct 15, 2012 1:04 pm

I tried what zzwerty said to do, and it didn't work for me, but I talked to david, and he showed me what you can do. You have to modify the aschar.as script to do this, so it would break every week, but open the aschar.as file and look for the section called "void SetParameters() {" it will look like this:

Code: Select all

void SetParameters() {
    weapon_slots.resize(_num_weap_slots);
    for(int i=0; i<_num_weap_slots; ++i){
        weapon_slots[i] = -1;       
    }
    //Print("Resizing weapon slots to "+_num_weap_slots+"\n");

params.AddIntSlider("Lives",1,"min:1,max:4");
    p_lives = max(1, params.GetFloat("Lives"));
    lives = p_lives;

params.AddFloatSlider("Aggression",0.5,"min:0,max:1,step:0.1,text_mult:100");
    p_aggression = min(1.0f, max(0.0f, params.GetFloat("Aggression")));

params.AddFloatSlider("Damage Resistance",1,"min:0,max:2,step:0.1,text_mult:100");
    p_damage_multiplier = 1.0f / max(0.00001f,params.GetFloat("Damage Resistance"));

params.AddFloatSlider("Block Skill",0.5,"min:0,max:1,step:0.1,text_mult:100");
    p_block_skill = min(1.0f, max(0.0f, params.GetFloat("Block Skill")));

params.AddFloatSlider("Block Follow-up",0.5,"min:0,max:1,step:0.1,text_mult:100");
    p_block_followup = min(1.0f, max(0.0f, params.GetFloat("Block Follow-up")));

params.AddFloatSlider("Attack Speed",1,"min:0,max:2,step:0.1,text_mult:100");
    p_attack_speed_mult = min(2.0f, max(0.1f, params.GetFloat("Attack Speed")));

params.AddFloatSlider("Attack Damage",1,"min:0,max:2,step:0.1,text_mult:100");
    p_attack_damage_mult = max(0.0f, params.GetFloat("Attack Damage"));

params.AddFloatSlider("Attack Knockback",1,"min:0,max:2,step:0.1,text_mult:100");
    p_attack_knockback_mult = max(0.0f, params.GetFloat("Attack Knockback"));

params.AddFloatSlider("Movement Speed",1,"min:0.1,max:1.5,step:0.1,text_mult:100");
    p_speed_mult = min(100.0f, max(0.01f, params.GetFloat("Movement Speed")));
    run_speed = _base_run_speed * p_speed_mult;
    true_max_speed = _base_true_max_speed * p_speed_mult;

params.AddIntCheckbox("Left handed",false);
    left_handed = (params.GetInt("Left handed") != 0);

string team_str;
    character_getter.GetTeamString(team_str);
    params.AddString("Teams",team_str);

mirrored_stance = left_handed;
    primary_weapon_slot = left_handed?_held_left:_held_right;
    secondary_weapon_slot = left_handed?_held_right:_held_left;
}
We are interested in the section about movement speed here:

Code: Select all

params.AddFloatSlider("Movement Speed",1,"min:0.1,max:1.5,step:0.1,text_mult:100");
    p_speed_mult = min(100.0f, max(0.01f, params.GetFloat("Movement Speed")));
    run_speed = _base_run_speed * p_speed_mult;
    true_max_speed = _base_true_max_speed * p_speed_mult;
You can increase the max in that area to prevent a top limit. I personally just change it to 10.5 (which is 1050 as a max speed) and that seems to be just fine for running like sonic.

Jackson

Post by Jackson » Thu Dec 13, 2012 4:19 pm

where is the aschar.as file?

EPR89

Post by EPR89 » Thu Dec 13, 2012 5:05 pm

It's in the Scripts folder.

Macrauchenia

Post by Macrauchenia » Thu Dec 13, 2012 5:45 pm

zzwerty wrote:You can cheat to do this by deleting the 'movement speed' slider by clicking the X on the right of it, creating a text box, and renaming it to 'Movement Speed' then typing in a value like 800.
This works, but the value is multiplied by 100.

So if you enter 4, the speed will actually be 400. The max is around 1000, so entering 800 wouldn't work. Setting it to 8 would make your speed 800.

EPR89

Post by EPR89 » Thu Dec 13, 2012 5:54 pm

Anton wrote:I tried what zzwerty said to do, and it didn't work for me, but I talked to david, and he showed me what you can do. You have to modify the aschar.as script to do this
Strange. I tried this, because the ingame solution didn't work for me either.
The slider is now capped at a much higher value, but when I enter the game mode my movement speed did not change at all, despite it being at over 500 at the time.

Edit: When I climb up ledges I get a small boost when my character starts running, but that's it.

Anton
pretty cool guy

Post by Anton » Thu Dec 13, 2012 6:08 pm

EPR89 wrote:
Anton wrote:I tried what zzwerty said to do, and it didn't work for me, but I talked to david, and he showed me what you can do. You have to modify the aschar.as script to do this
Strange. I tried this, because the ingame solution didn't work for me either.
The slider is now capped at a much higher value, but when I enter the game mode my movement speed did not change at all, despite it being at over 500 at the time.

Edit: When I climb up ledges I get a small boost when my character starts running, but that's it.
Honestly, this method is old, and you should check with some of the levels that use the speed run in general. I think David changed the way the upper limit works now. Check the level "Lambent Dash" because that one has the fast speed without changing the aschar.as - it might show you how to do it.

EPR89

Post by EPR89 » Thu Dec 13, 2012 6:24 pm

The reason why I am looking for a solution is because this very map does not work properly in respect to movement speed. I actually loaded it not knowing what to expect. When I played it I first thought: "That's some weird level architecture. Impossible jumps everywhere!" Until I realised that it was supposed to be race map.