{ADD-ONS} SKIES

elegaro

{ADD-ONS} SKIES

Post by elegaro » Sat Sep 06, 2014 5:12 am

This time lots and lots of skies!! Man this is too much :D
Some are free from the internet, I just edited them in photoshop to make them look better and others are mine like the awesome Tornados :lol:
Hope you enjoy this.

the images are bigger so open them in another window
I think it should be in order from top to bottom but I'm not sure.

File:
Pack1
http://www.mediafire.com/download/csj7a ... Skies1.zip
Pack2
http://www.mediafire.com/download/o52ro ... Skies2.zip

Place the files in the right Place
-----------------------------------------------------------------
If you don't know how to change the sky in a map:
To use THIS skies just open "Level" folder go to a level ( :P yourlevel.xml :P ) and find the line
"<DomeTexture>"
in that line erase everything and add:
"Data/Custom/elegaro/New_Objects/Textures/skies1/newsky.tga" (without the quotes) change "newsky" for the name of the sky you want to use
-----------------------------------
Should be like this:
<Sky> <DomeTexture>Data/Custom/elegaro/New_Objects/Textures/skies1/twister2.tga</DomeTexture>
<SunAngularRad>0.10485</SunAngularRad>
<SunColorAngle>210.451</SunColorAngle>
<RayToSun r0="0.945547" r1="0.319837" r2="-0.0603781" />
<ExtraAO>0</ExtraAO>
</Sky>
------------------------
for the Pack2
"Data/Custom/elegaro/New_Objects/Textures/skies2/newsky.tga" (without the quotes)

For any problem Clear the cache of Overgrowth and try again

Surak

Re: {ADD-ONS} SKIES

Post by Surak » Sat Sep 06, 2014 6:35 am

Very good work again. Some of them look really awesome. Too bad that Overgrowth skies do not support animations. I bet that would look awesome for the tornado.

bayc

Post by bayc » Sat Sep 06, 2014 7:45 pm

Surak, they remade the EDITOR, which is probably the oldest function. They could probably implement animated skyboxes, but the loops might be tough, or you just write some fancy code to make things move randomly. IDK, but keep up the work, elegaro. I can't keep up with all ur things lol. It might be a while before I see all of them in game. :D

Silverfish

Post by Silverfish » Sat Sep 20, 2014 2:23 pm

What is the license on the free ones from the Internets? And what is the license on the ones you made? Which ones did you make and which ones are from the Internet?

elegaro

Post by elegaro » Sun Sep 21, 2014 2:03 am

Silverfish wrote:What is the license on the free ones from the Internets? And what is the license on the ones you made? Which ones did you make and which ones are from the Internet?
Hi there again...
I made the Tornados ones
the others are like randomly images form google search...almost all of them weren't skydomes so I had to fix them in photoshop to have the parameters of overgrowth...

Silverfish

Post by Silverfish » Sun Sep 21, 2014 5:32 am

Keep in mind that there might very possibly be licenses associated with images that you find on the Internet that doesn't allow you to edit and redistribute them at all or without giving credit etc.

elegaro

Post by elegaro » Sun Sep 21, 2014 6:59 am

Silverfish wrote:Keep in mind that there might very possibly be licenses associated with images that you find on the Internet that doesn't allow you to edit and redistribute them at all or without giving credit etc.
ooh...alright...will check if I find them and do the right thing( delete or give credits)

Surak

Post by Surak » Thu Jul 30, 2015 7:02 am

Do you also have a city skyline as texture? Or would you be willing to create one for me? The texture has to focus on the top of the skyline. Like you were standing on a very tall building.

rodeje25

Post by rodeje25 » Thu Jul 30, 2015 4:10 pm

I bet we'll see some cool maps with these skyboxes

halzoid
Location: Somewhere within the Universe... Might take a while to find me though.

Post by halzoid » Thu Jul 30, 2015 4:13 pm

id like to give skyboxing a go, and I came across this, I searched for skyline images, checked the copyright issues with them, but what do you want from a city skyline, most images are from out at sea/ too low, and others are copyrighted/ illustrated

also, doesn't "Receiver" have a skyline texture for a skybox, you could try that.
I haven't because I couldn't find a way to get to it in the coding, might be part of the "unity default resources"

Constance
Overgrowth Modder Deluxe

Post by Constance » Thu Jul 30, 2015 5:40 pm

Is there a skybox in this package that has hills surrounding the level? Like what Surak is asking with a cityline, but I mean natural terrain hills. Just curious, 'cause it might add a lot of atmosphere to certain levels for my project.

Surak

Post by Surak » Fri Jul 31, 2015 6:42 am

halzoid wrote:id like to give skyboxing a go, and I came across this, I searched for skyline images, checked the copyright issues with them, but what do you want from a city skyline, most images are from out at sea/ too low, and others are copyrighted/ illustrated

also, doesn't "Receiver" have a skyline texture for a skybox, you could try that.
I haven't because I couldn't find a way to get to it in the coding, might be part of the "unity default resources"
Thanks, I tried a bit around and created my own one. It's not perfect, but good enough.

RagdollZombie

Post by RagdollZombie » Sat Aug 01, 2015 10:02 pm

Byyyyyyyoooooooooootiiiiifuuuuuul :mrgreen:

elegaro

Post by elegaro » Sun Aug 02, 2015 7:55 am

Surak wrote:
halzoid wrote:id like to give skyboxing a go, and I came across this, I searched for skyline images, checked the copyright issues with them, but what do you want from a city skyline, most images are from out at sea/ too low, and others are copyrighted/ illustrated

Thanks, I tried a bit around and created my own one. It's not perfect, but good enough.
sorry, this ones are just skies and no terrain...and to find a photo usable(in every sense, copyright, point of view and everything,etc...) is not easy....will see what I can do....maybe something like the skyline of the limbo level or the forest....those in my opinion look gorgeous :wink:

Surak

Post by Surak » Sun Aug 02, 2015 8:19 am

elegaro wrote:
Surak wrote:

sorry, this ones are just skies and no terrain...and to find a photo usable(in every sense, copyright, point of view and everything,etc...) is not easy....will see what I can do....maybe something like the skyline of the limbo level or the forest....those in my opinion look gorgeous :wink:
Thanks, but not necessary anymore. The level is already released :D Yea, finding good pictures can be hard. Luckily Google images has a functionality to filter by license. So I just searched for "skyline panorama" with a license that allows me to use it. I had luck and found one that worked perfectly fine for OG. The transition from end to end was a bit hard. Much easier to do for a blue sky than for buildings. But with the help of the smudge finger and some testing I solved that problem. It is not a perfect transition, but since there is the wind texture in front of the sky in my level you can't see that anyway.

Here it is: