SUMlauncher Not Working! NEED HELP

kingschuy

SUMlauncher Not Working! NEED HELP

Post by kingschuy » Sat Feb 18, 2017 1:02 pm

I recently got overgrowth from the humble freedom bundle I then redeemed it on steam and the game ran perfectly. No issues. But then I wanted more, so I looked up how to mod Overgrowth (using the forum and youtube). So I downloaded the SUMlauncher downloaded a few mods launched up the game and nothing changed. I tried a few more different mods on the SUMlauncher and again nothing. I don't know what is wrong.

PLEASE HELP!

merlyn

Re: SUMlauncher Not Working! NEED HELP

Post by merlyn » Sat Feb 18, 2017 11:20 pm

kingschuy wrote:I recently got overgrowth from the humble freedom bundle I then redeemed it on steam and the game ran perfectly. No issues. But then I wanted more, so I looked up how to mod Overgrowth (using the forum and youtube). So I downloaded the SUMlauncher downloaded a few mods launched up the game and nothing changed. I tried a few more different mods on the SUMlauncher and again nothing. I don't know what is wrong.

PLEASE HELP!
What mod are you trying to use? A lot of the mods are character models or levels, and you have to open those via the editor right now. "File -> Open Level" for new or existing levels, and the "Load -> Load Item..." inside the editor if it's a new object or character you're trying to spawn.

Joejoeyo

Post by Joejoeyo » Mon Feb 20, 2017 2:53 pm

Same exact problem happening with me. I got it from the freedom bundle, played it, found out about sumlauncher, and tried to get mods but nothing happened. I've tried to get maps, characters, and weapons.

halzoid
Location: Somewhere within the Universe... Might take a while to find me though.

Post by halzoid » Mon Feb 20, 2017 4:05 pm

What do you mean by nothing happened?

The game doesn't look any different when mods are installed (at least not for most mods)

Have you tried Merlyn's method? It doesn't state that all user created files will either be in Data/Custom or Data/Mods folders

Here, have a gif on how to find the custom content:

Ignore the rainbow Wolfire logo... I was messing with files...

Joejoeyo

Post by Joejoeyo » Mon Feb 20, 2017 8:15 pm

Oh sweet, thanks! :D Also, how does your menu look like that? It looks different from mine :shock:

merlyn

Post by merlyn » Mon Feb 20, 2017 8:38 pm

Joejoeyo wrote:Oh sweet, thanks! :D Also, how does your menu look like that? It looks different from mine :shock:
That's generally how the menu will look in beta 3.

He's using a "nightly" build of the game. It's available to everyone who uses Steam, but I don't recommend anyone but people making mods use that version because it breaks pretty often.