Cannot figure out how to use mods installed from SUMLauncher

kingschuy

Cannot figure out how to use mods installed from SUMLauncher

Post by kingschuy » Sat Feb 18, 2017 1:02 pm

I recently got overgrowth from the humble freedom bundle I then redeemed it on steam and the game ran perfectly. No issues. But then I wanted more, so I looked up how to mod Overgrowth (using the forum and youtube). So I downloaded the SUMlauncher downloaded a few mods launched up the game and nothing changed. I tried a few more different mods on the SUMlauncher and again nothing. I don't know what is wrong.

PLEASE HELP!

EPR89

Re: SUMlauncher Not Working! NEED HELP

Post by EPR89 » Sat Feb 18, 2017 1:33 pm

What exactly do you mean nothing changes?

the menu has been altered in the recent version of the game. So you have to load custom maps or assets manually. I'm sure the menu will come back.

merlyn

Post by merlyn » Sat Feb 18, 2017 10:50 pm

kingschuy wrote:I recently got overgrowth from the humble freedom bundle I then redeemed it on steam and the game ran perfectly. No issues. But then I wanted more, so I looked up how to mod Overgrowth (using the forum and youtube). So I downloaded the SUMlauncher downloaded a few mods launched up the game and nothing changed. I tried a few more different mods on the SUMlauncher and again nothing. I don't know what is wrong.

PLEASE HELP!
Tell us which specific mod doesn't work. Tell us what you're trying to do, what you expect to happen, and what actually happens. Just saying "mods don't work" tells us nothing. If the game works, *some* mods are working, cause the game is more or less built like a "mod".

jamessexyass

Post by jamessexyass » Mon Feb 20, 2017 1:20 pm

i got it from the freedom bundle and it messes up for me. it in all custum maps has a really dark shadows and no matter what i do to my graphics options nothing changes so dark cant see anything. i validated my steam files nothing

merlyn

Post by merlyn » Mon Feb 20, 2017 8:31 pm

jamessexyass wrote:i got it from the freedom bundle and it messes up for me. it in all custum maps has a really dark shadows and no matter what i do to my graphics options nothing changes so dark cant see anything. i validated my steam files nothing
This is a different issue than the OP. Please post on a new thread.

merlyn

Re: Cannot figure out how to use mods installed from SUMLaun

Post by merlyn » Mon Feb 20, 2017 8:32 pm

I edited the thread title because people were starting to tack onto the thread with unrelated issues.