Last's Blood Mod / no death mod

Surak

Re: Last's Blood Mod / no death mod

Post by Surak » Mon Dec 28, 2015 7:38 pm

hgmaniac29 wrote:I'm trying to download this mod but its made me not able to play any maps even after I've uninstalled it! Very dissapointed. :x :x :x :x :( :( :( :x :x :( :( :(
This would not have happened if you read the bold part in the first post. Or any of the last posts. You will have to reinstall or try the Steam repair thing.

RedSweaterToast

Post by RedSweaterToast » Mon Feb 01, 2016 2:09 pm

Okay here the minimal progress I've sadly made:
Dug through many a C++ how-to's
Asked for help from programming cousin (who refuses to help because who knows why)
Accidentally learned how to program java things because I FORGET IT WAS C++ YWGEJWEIKUBIWEF
Small case of temporary amnesia
Booted up the game today and found all my previously installed mods were now gone because updates.
I'm just going to have to stalk this thread now and hope someone who can stay on one track will figure out this mess of a mod.
Good luck!

Wormwood

Post by Wormwood » Wed Mar 30, 2016 4:00 pm

I know I posted a response here linking to my thread. Whoever deleted it, please at least tell me why. Censorship is uncool, let alone censorship without an explanation.

Cautiously, I'll link it again: my post trying to raise awareness for the flying mod. Just in case anyone comes here looking for answers.
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=39189&p=242252#p242252

Anton
pretty cool guy

Post by Anton » Wed Mar 30, 2016 4:02 pm

Wormwood wrote:I know I posted a response here linking to my thread. Whoever deleted it, please at least tell me why. Censorship is uncool, let alone censorship without an explanation.

Cautiously, I'll link it again: my post trying to raise awareness for the flying mod. Just in case anyone comes here looking for answers.
Unfortunately, no one deleted your post. The server crashed, and the hosting company was only able to recover the system from two days before the crash, so we lost 2 days worth of posts.

Wormwood

Post by Wormwood » Wed Mar 30, 2016 4:09 pm

Anton wrote:
Wormwood wrote:I know I posted a response here linking to my thread. Whoever deleted it, please at least tell me why. Censorship is uncool, let alone censorship without an explanation.

Unfortunately, no one deleted your post. The server crashed, and the hosting company was only able to recover the system from two days before the crash, so we lost 2 days worth of posts.
Sorry, I jumped to a crude conclusion. I've had some crappy experiences with mods on a subreddit I frequent, so I've been conditioned to assume the worst. My apologies.

Thanks for the info.

Anton
pretty cool guy

Post by Anton » Wed Mar 30, 2016 4:10 pm

Wormwood wrote:
Anton wrote:

Sorry, I jumped to a crude conclusion. I've had some crappy experiences with mods on a subreddit I frequent, so I've been conditioned to assume the worst. My apologies.

Thanks for the info.
No worries, I can imagine how frustrating it would feel to have posts deleted arbitrarily like that. Hope we can leave you with a better experience.

surviver4321

Post by surviver4321 » Fri Aug 26, 2016 10:49 am

So I'm guessing that this mod is pretty much dead now? Since its been a long time and even with the effort of a few different people it seems like this mod is unsaveable :cry: :(

EPR89

Post by EPR89 » Fri Aug 26, 2016 4:15 pm

surviver4321 wrote:So I'm guessing that this mod is pretty much dead now? Since its been a long time and even with the effort of a few different people it seems like this mod is unsaveable :cry: :(
You're always free to try.

I don't think it's unsaveable at all. Singling out the modified code and integrating it into the current scripts would just be very time consuming. Notepad++ has a compare plugin that can help, but it would still not be a quick process.

surviver4321

Post by surviver4321 » Mon Aug 29, 2016 7:15 am

EPR89 wrote:
surviver4321 wrote:So I'm guessing that this mod is pretty much dead now? Since its been a long time and even with the effort of a few different people it seems like this mod is unsaveable :cry: :(
You're always free to try.

I don't think it's unsaveable at all. Singling out the modified code and integrating it into the current scripts would just be very time consuming. Notepad++ has a compare plugin that can help, but it would still not be a quick process.
I would try if I knew anything about code :p Modelling is more my area so it kinda sucks I can't contribute anything to the effort

ThePageMan

Post by ThePageMan » Sun Dec 18, 2016 7:34 pm

Anton wrote:So, I gave updating this another shot, and I've come down to a relatively small number of problems (most of which look like they are the same issue…)

So, the first main issue is that the tilt_modifier seems to be vec3 and needs to be float (Or, somehow the setting for the parameter has been set wrong…) There have been quite a few changes to movement.

These are the "only" errors I'm getting at this moment:
The attachment Screen Shot 2015-10-02 at 8.31.21 PM.png is no longer available
I also noticed that the way the head movement works has been updated, which broke a portion of that while flying. These are the portions that changed:

Code: Select all

Broke Head Look in Air

a209:

eye_look_target = this_mo.position + camera.GetFacing() * 100.0f;
        } else {
            if(look_target.type == _none){
                eye_look_target = random_look_target;
            } else if(look_target.type == _character){
                vec3 target_pos = ReadCharacterID(look_target.id).rigged_object().GetAvgIKChainPos("head");
                eye_look_target = target_pos;
            }
        }
    }

a207:

dir_flat.y = 0.0f;
            target_head_dir = mix(dir_flat, normalize(dir_flat), 0.5f);
            target_head_dir.y = camera.GetFacing().y * 0.4f;
            if(!on_ground){
                target_head_dir = mix(target_head_dir, this_mo.GetFacing(), 0.5f);
            }
            target_head_dir = normalize(target_head_dir);
            look_inertia = 0.8f;
        } else {
                target_head_dir = random_look_dir;
                vec3 target_pos = ReadCharacterID(look_target.id).rigged_object().GetAvgIKChainPos("head");
                target_head_dir = normalize(target_pos - this_mo.rigged_object().GetAvgIKChainPos("head"));
            }
            look_inertia = 0.9f;
        }
    }

flying_mod:

dir_flat.y = 0.0f;
            target_head_dir = mix(dir_flat, normalize(dir_flat), 0.5f);
            target_head_dir.y = camera.GetFacing().y * 0.4f;
//FLYING MOD - disable head looking away from camera in air
/*
            if(!on_ground){
                target_head_dir = mix(target_head_dir, this_mo.GetFacing(), 0.5f);
            }
*/
            target_head_dir = normalize(target_head_dir);
            look_inertia = 0.8f;
        } else {
                target_head_dir = random_look_dir;
                target_head_dir = normalize(target_pos - this_mo.rigged_object().GetAvgIKChainPos("head"));
            }
            look_inertia = 0.9f;
        }
    }

If anyone is brave enough to try and resolve these last remaining issues, we might be able to get this working again…
The attachment blood_mod-no_death_mod-flying_mod_a209_WIP.zip is no longer available
So I decided to see if I can update the current code with the mod changes and essentially ran into the same errors as you despite being in a227 now.

I spent about an hour and a half doing this so I am getting quite tired trying to read this code. Unsure at the moment what the problem actually is, hopefully we can figure this out eventually?

I attached the files that are actually vanilla files updated. I didn't include the files that are completely new from the mod pack itself.
Attachments
a227.zip
(111.78 KiB) Downloaded 74 times

edoantonioco

Post by edoantonioco » Sat Nov 18, 2017 11:07 pm

I (more or less) fixed the mod days ago, I felt that something was still missing somehow, but I was able to fix the tackle mod, the no-death mod and also the blood mod (this one with bugs). It even had slow motion when the rabbit attacked as the original. But it was unstable and had some weird whistle sound on the background, at least it proves it can be fixed. Since then I think I lost the files (and aschar has changed in the game since then) but it proves its possible to fix it.

It can be done by comparing the differences between the 2 old script files and then adapting those differences on the new script files of the game. Vscode has a useful tool for this.

On the other hand It is too dependent of the old OG GUI system and that is not easy to fix, and there is already 2 blood mods on the workshop that are very good.