Epic First Person Mod REMASTERED b3

mistercynical

Re: Epic First Person Mod REMASTERED a216

Post by mistercynical » Fri Aug 05, 2016 5:45 pm

Hello everyone, first poster here.

It's been a year since this mod was last updated, but I wanted to try it and someone on Reddit requested it. So, I fixed it to work with a226_rc-250-gc45433b_build-1418 [internal_testing], though it probably works with the full release of a226 should they not change aschar.as. All credit goes to the original author (Korban3 and David, though also watergun127), I didn't make this mod, I just updated it.

The "F" key toggles between third person and first person. I haven't encountered any problems directly related to it but I haven't extensively tested it.

Extract the zip to your overgrowth mods folder ("C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\Overgrowth\Data\Mods" for most people) and make sure it's enabled in the mod manager.
Attachments
FirstPersonMod.zip
(145.7 KiB) Downloaded 157 times

Autious
Project Programmer

Post by Autious » Thu Aug 18, 2016 8:36 am

Cool, nice work!

watergun127

Post by watergun127 » Thu Aug 18, 2016 8:43 am

Thanks! I haven't been updating much, as patch files can be hard to wrangle sometimes. When I get home, I'll put it back up in the original post with credit to you if that's okay.

mistercynical

Post by mistercynical » Thu Aug 18, 2016 12:31 pm

watergun127 wrote:Thanks! I haven't been updating much, as patch files can be hard to wrangle sometimes. When I get home, I'll put it back up in the original post with credit to you if that's okay.
Absolutely fine with me. It's your mod, after all.

gamerforevuur

Post by gamerforevuur » Wed Jan 18, 2017 8:12 am

Hello all. I understand that this mod hasn't been updated for a227 (or b1? :o) yet, so I wanted to bump this thread. I'd personally love to learn how to update the mod myself, even though I have zero coding experience (other than attempting to update the mod by uh, copying over the mod's new lines to the latest aschar.as file. Lazy work, I know..).

I wouldn't mind if I were declined from learning the way, especially since there'll likely be new code which I think I won't ever get my head around it unless if I kept asking for more help.

merlyn

Post by merlyn » Wed Jan 18, 2017 12:43 pm

gamerforevuur wrote:Hello all. I understand that this mod hasn't been updated for a227 (or b1? :o) yet, so I wanted to bump this thread. I'd personally love to learn how to update the mod myself, even though I have zero coding experience (other than attempting to update the mod by uh, copying over the mod's new lines to the latest aschar.as file. Lazy work, I know..).

I wouldn't mind if I were declined from learning the way, especially since there'll likely be new code which I think I won't ever get my head around it unless if I kept asking for more help.
If it makes a difference, I am a programmer (not on this game), and that's exactly how I got the flying mod working again. That approach is just fine :)

I suggest using a "diff" program to see what changed between the vanilla script and the updated script instead of trying to eyeball it.

watergun127

Post by watergun127 » Wed Jan 18, 2017 1:14 pm

That should work. I'd be happy to explain the changes I made to the file if you want to try and update it yourself, but otherwise I can just update it if you'd prefer.

watergun127

Post by watergun127 » Wed Jan 18, 2017 1:55 pm

ooooooooh. Actually, I'll update it. There's some really interesting stuff here that the developers added. They basically added a first person mode, but they locked it behind an always-false if statement. Enabling it and adding a few tweaks of my own should do the trick.

gamerforevuur

Re: Epic First Person Mod REMASTERED b1

Post by gamerforevuur » Thu Jan 19, 2017 3:31 am

Greatly appreciated. I'd think it'd be easier if you update the file yourself, since you know what you're doing, but I'm still interested in your explanation of changes. What about this built-in first person mode, though?

...Also, I've been having errors; having the mod enabled (made sure it's the newest one), I still get mismatched signatures and "not declared" errors from the enemycontrol.as file. Tried verifying game cache integrity, even reinstalling the game, but no luck.

UPDATE: I had just found out what I was doing wrong; I was putting the mod in the Custom folder, not the Mods folder, which explains to me why the mod still appeared as version 1.3, for a226. Apologies!

QuantumSoldier1

Post by QuantumSoldier1 » Mon Jan 23, 2017 8:42 pm

im trying to use this mod Beta 1 (of course im using the B1 version of the mod) but for some reason when i'm in first person, the camera doesnt properly follow the player and turning the camera wont turn the character with it, once i exit first person mode, the character is simply headless. i made sure that i installed correctly but i need some help, thanks.

watergun127

Post by watergun127 » Sun Jan 29, 2017 4:47 am

I'm about to post a new version. I fixed headless Turner, but the character turning code is seriously impenetrable. I'll keep trying, but don't expect it anytime soon.

julien19991227

Post by julien19991227 » Sun Feb 12, 2017 11:28 am

Wtf is hapening ??? :o :o First person mod was awesome before (in a 208 i thing) ! Now you juste break the head of the character and the camera does not lean to the left or right and that cause a loot of lags and we can't play with it... I'm really sorry for my english...
Before in alpha 200 and more, the camera was "integrate" in the head then wen we roll or other it was more immersiv and that was really cool ! Now the camera just stay fix and straight. :| :| :|

watergun127

Post by watergun127 » Sun Feb 12, 2017 2:11 pm

Yeah, now that I think about it, the builtin first person was kind of shit. No matter though, as I'm pushing a b2 release right now, using the old code instead if the builtin stuff.

julien19991227

Re: Epic First Person Mod REMASTERED b2

Post by julien19991227 » Sun Feb 12, 2017 3:22 pm

I tried b2 vesion and it's a lot better, tank you so much !
There is just some moments when i just undestand nothing but that normal, overgrowth is a 3 rd person game.
Tank you again, this version of the fisrt person mod is really cool and the game ( for me ) is more funny to play ! :mrgreen:

IesuWalker99

Re: Epic First Person Mod REMASTERED b2

Post by IesuWalker99 » Sun Feb 12, 2017 4:32 pm

hey watergun, i noticed your first person mod, downloaded it, and it's pretty great, but when i uninstalled it, i don't see any vignette anymore, so i was wondering if you know a fix for that (if you don't, it's fine, it doesn't really bother me that much)