CUSTOM CHARACTER: TENGU

Constance
Overgrowth Modder Deluxe

Re: CUSTOM CHARACTER: TENGU

Post by Constance » Mon Feb 04, 2013 6:20 pm

last wrote:Can't say about him, but i get Synced animation group file "Data/Animations/r_combatidle_tengu.xml" could not be found. Error
I get this too.

Le Petit Docteur

Post by Le Petit Docteur » Mon Feb 04, 2013 11:14 pm

last wrote:Can't say about him, but i get Synced animation group file "Data/Animations/r_combatidle_tengu.xml" could not be found. Error

UPS.... Thanks Last, that help me find the last error.... i hope... sorry guys

Le Petit Docteur

Post by Le Petit Docteur » Mon Feb 04, 2013 11:17 pm

my bad again... so many files, i messed up a lot... i hope NOW there's no more path errors... loading errors can be atributed to some mistake in the installing process i supposse

Le Petit Docteur

Post by Le Petit Docteur » Mon Feb 04, 2013 11:26 pm

RagdollZombie wrote:Nice animations! It gives him an even more unique style :D

I have a question:
How do you make custom animations? I've been wanting to give my ninja some unique animations, but there aren't any tutorials on getting custom animations into the game yet.
last wrote:David once made live video how he made one handed sword attack animation.
I still haven't watched this trough, but i believe you get some glues when you do.
yes, there's DAVID'S video of his sword animation tutorial... but it's incredibly long and it doesn't have narration, so you can get lucky if you find out how it works by looking at it... i recommend Black Stormy tutorial. wich contrary to what it says is not actually obsolete, you just need the right version of Blender and some knowledge about animation... in blender.

RagdollZombie

Post by RagdollZombie » Mon Feb 04, 2013 11:59 pm

Thanks! Thats exactly what i needed! :D

Constance
Overgrowth Modder Deluxe

Post by Constance » Tue Feb 05, 2013 7:03 pm

So what's "tengu copter" supposed to be? I notice that either he teleports to both sides of the enemy and strikes him, or he has severe animation issues.

elitebob

Post by elitebob » Tue Feb 05, 2013 7:43 pm

how do i change into him i put the data tengu file into my overgrowth folder the whole dataTengu file in there into my overgrowth folder and i don't know how to change into tengu so any help would be useful P.S. i just got overgrowth

RagdollZombie

Post by RagdollZombie » Tue Feb 05, 2013 8:00 pm

If he is not in the character list in the object browser, then you go to the "load external object" button (the folder icon next to the heart icon in the object browser when you press "load item" in the editor). It should show you a window where the directory is Wolfire\Overgrowth\Data\Objects. go to the IGF_Characters folder and you should find him there. Click the IGF_Tengu_Actor.xml to load him. IGF_Tengu.xml is just the object version of him. the _Actor part indicates that it is an npc or playable character.

Constance
Overgrowth Modder Deluxe

Post by Constance » Tue Feb 05, 2013 8:16 pm

elitebob wrote:how do i change into him i put the data tengu file into my overgrowth folder the whole dataTengu file in there into my overgrowth folder and i don't know how to change into tengu so any help would be useful P.S. i just got overgrowth
You installed the mod incorrectly. You have to copy the files IN the datatengu folder into Wolfire/Overgrowth/Data.

Le Petit Docteur

Post by Le Petit Docteur » Tue Feb 05, 2013 10:55 pm

Timbles wrote:So what's "tengu copter" supposed to be? I notice that either he teleports to both sides of the enemy and strikes him, or he has severe animation issues.
originally, it was supposed to extend both his arms and rotate, like baraka in mortal kombat... long story short, the simplest animation
never worked.... i have some funny videos... so in the last minute i made that "warp ninja" move. not so fancy, but was the best i could do in the moment...sorry

Constance
Overgrowth Modder Deluxe

Post by Constance » Wed Feb 06, 2013 1:14 am

Le Petit Docteur wrote:
Timbles wrote:So what's "tengu copter" supposed to be? I notice that either he teleports to both sides of the enemy and strikes him, or he has severe animation issues.
originally, it was supposed to extend both his arms and rotate, like baraka in mortal kombat... long story short, the simplest animation
never worked.... i have some funny videos... so in the last minute i made that "warp ninja" move. not so fancy, but was the best i could do in the moment...sorry
It's really fast and works good against groups, but I just dont understand how people can block a warp attack.

samjb1992

Post by samjb1992 » Tue Feb 12, 2013 7:39 pm

how do unwrap your models and bake them in blender so they look like the model not just a bunch of tris?

joemom33

Post by joemom33 » Thu Feb 28, 2013 12:33 am

how do you download?

EPR89

Post by EPR89 » Thu Feb 28, 2013 1:48 am

joemom33 wrote:how do you download?
DUDE!
The link is in the first post!

EDIT: What happens when you download?
Judging by your other posts I assume that downloading actually works for you, but you don't realise that it happens. Maybe you have deactivated some checkboxes in your browser or they are deactivated by default. Either way, check your download folder. My bet is that the downloaded file is in there.
If it is not and you can't change your browser's download settings, try another browser. But seeing how popular Chrome is it seems very unlikely that you cannot download anything.

latranchedepain

Post by latranchedepain » Thu Mar 21, 2013 5:15 pm

Bonjour :)
It doesn't work for me. I placed it to Overgrowth/Data/Character and when I try to put it in game, it says "Error somethings blablah does not support this type of object"
Aidez-moi, docteur! ;)