Project Showoff

ZramuliZ

Re: Project Showoff

Post by ZramuliZ » Thu Dec 08, 2011 2:07 pm

I've been thinking to make the sixth challenge remake for some time, but now that my new project netcode broke down and more importantly, the color palette system came out I just had to make it.

This level is compatible with Anton's Main Menu mod and my previous challenges, you just need to have it installed before you install this challenge.

The level is as sadistic as the original one and I couldn't even beat it (I got into a point where there was just one enemy alive, then he brutally owned me and I ragequitted)

Download
Extract the .zip file to your main Overgrowth folder (Usually located at C:\Program Files\Wolfire\Overgrowth\)

I hope you enjoy and feedback is appreciated!

last

Post by last » Fri Dec 09, 2011 5:43 pm

Some time ago i promiced to release a cake that i made for OG weekly birthday.
This cake has custom normals map and custom texture map.

Then i got exited about aubrey's art and i desided to make some more custom objects.
So i made cone, cube, cylinder, round cylinder, tube, tube1/3 and tube_half objects. They all use interlocking stone texture and i use detailmap4 shader so that textures should'nt strech when you scale objects.
Those objcts use all blank_n.png as normals map and they have custom texture map gray_color.tga

Also i made this map called river_canyon.xml

Note this map onley use 2 custom objects that i made cube and cylinder

download those files here http://ogmods.antonriehl.com/downloads/ ... canyon.rar
Attachments
OvergrowthScreenshot00075.jpg
Last edited by last on Sun Dec 11, 2011 2:09 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Johannes

Post by Johannes » Fri Dec 09, 2011 7:25 pm

I've been looking into making some UI mods lately.
Sadly it may not currently be possible as I would like, but the UI is basically in the game at least.

Here's my preliminary addition to the UI:

It boils down to the fact that most functions used by the UI (Javascript) to communicate with the level code (Angelscript) are proprietary; one function for one purpose. For example the 'load objects' button in the tool palette simply calls a function called Client.loadObject(), which cannot be used for anything except opening the 'load objects' window.

There is one function called GenericCallback() which you can use to send messages to the level code, but it only works from within the level menu screen (the one you get when pressing escape in the editor, with the three buttons), and not the tool palette or the ribbon.

I'll be putting together a topic soon with more detail on what can and cannot currently be done in the UI.

Anton
pretty cool guy

Post by Anton » Sun Dec 11, 2011 2:02 am

ZramuliZ wrote:Image
Love it, love it, love it! The color and parameter settings make them all feel different, and it's fantastic! I've updated my menu mod to include this level already!
last wrote:Also i made this map called river_canyon.xml
Last, this level looks amazing, but I can't get it to load... Some of the packaging doesn't seem correct. Like the level.xml file is looking for things in Textures/custom, but your objects weren't there. I moved everything into place (that I could figure out) but even then, I was just getting a grey and black alternating screen... I'm not sure what it means...

last

Post by last » Sun Dec 11, 2011 9:11 am

Oh yeah my bad. When i coppyed my files out i did'nt made custom folder under textures folder. That's why there was error.

I made fixes in my file and re-uploaded it

deskp

Post by deskp » Sun Dec 18, 2011 7:06 am

A town/city I've been working on, I have not see any proper sized cities for the game so I had to make one. On my computer with baked shadows set to false it runs at 20fps, obviously better with baked shadows on.

More images:
http://img542.imageshack.us/img542/4839 ... ot000r.jpg

http://img202.imageshack.us/img202/5341 ... hot000.jpg

http://img830.imageshack.us/img830/922/ ... ot000b.jpg

If i did thing right the map should be attached to this post! this is my first try
Attachments
deskp town map.xml
Map
(517.6 KiB) Downloaded 103 times
Last edited by deskp on Sun Dec 18, 2011 1:44 pm, edited 2 times in total.

last

Post by last » Sun Dec 18, 2011 10:38 am

I'll propably try to upload it when i figure out how that works,
You need to know what level you used for makeing yours. You can find some levels in /data/levels folder and some in /data/levels/project60 folder.

All levels are in .xml file format

Now all you have to do is upload your level useing upload attachment tab just below of save draft, preview and submit buttons

deskp

Post by deskp » Sun Dec 18, 2011 10:53 am

last wrote:
I'll propably try to upload it when i figure out how that works,
You need to know what level you used for makeing yours. You can find some levels in /data/levels folder and some in /data/levels/project60 folder.

All levels are in .xml file format

Now all you have to do is upload your level useing upload attachment tab just below of save draft, preview and submit buttons
Thanks, i updated my previous post with what im pretty sure is the right file.

Korban3

Post by Korban3 » Sun Dec 18, 2011 1:36 pm

That map looks really good. I'll download it and see if it runs on my crap PC. Hopefully, all those objects don't lag it up too much to do some awesome parkouring.

last

Post by last » Fri Dec 23, 2011 6:22 pm

Ok here is some really old maps that i found in this forum some time ago and now i have remade them so that they work again with new version of OG.
Oh and there is some new terrain textures there so that you can load those levels up without errors.

http://ogmods.antonriehl.com/downloads/ ... remade.zip

there are 2 really cool maps in there
GreenHills2.xml
and DogTomb.xml
there are some more levels but don't know who made those.

Hope those maps work. if not write here what was wrong or missing and i try to find a fix for it.

I have also found a old collection of custom objects and some levels that use them.
Like kakashi1000 mario objects and a level or Medipack made by Johannes (Jo-Shadow)
I belive you can download it there still but some of those files are so old that OG don't know how to open them. http://jo-shadow.com/Public/Johannes/Temp/Custom.zip
Oh and here is a link to original post viewtopic.php?f=13&t=4834

last

Post by last » Tue Dec 27, 2011 4:10 pm

Here is a bow. Actually there are 2 of them, 1 that is in your hand when you pick it up and 1 that you can carry on your back
OvergrowthScreenshot00086.jpg
Edit: new fixed file uploaded
Download link http://ogmods.antonriehl.com/downloads/ ... %20bow.zip

After you have installed that mod you can put into OG those 2 objects if you go to editor mode and open load item window and then load external object.
Now there are 2 files there you can load into OG
1. is bow_weapon.xml and 2. is bowonback_weapon.xml

Warning those are not working weapons those are just regular objects you can carry around.

If someone really wants to make a working weapon for overgrowth out of that model then go ahead. but make shure you upload it for us so we can play with it.
Last edited by last on Sun Jan 01, 2012 1:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Aaron

Post by Aaron » Tue Dec 27, 2011 5:13 pm

The bow looks pretty cool, good work!

Korban3

Post by Korban3 » Tue Dec 27, 2011 5:31 pm

Sung lyrically: I'm a nit-pickin' sunnuva bitch, I pick at them nits cuz I'm a sunnuva bitch!

Bows are held in the left hand. Modding teh mod!

Jacktheawesome

Post by Jacktheawesome » Tue Dec 27, 2011 5:42 pm

They are if you're right handed.

last

Post by last » Tue Dec 27, 2011 5:58 pm

Maybe, but i am left handed and actually i didn't think about that to much. Also it was easyer to make.