I'd like to show of my new map:

Ancient Desert Cat Town ..... thing

It has:

A spiral stair case
easter egg
lots of detail

So give it a go just replace the "16_red_desert" file located in

Overgrowth/Data/Levels/Project60

with my new one and it should work I also included the object file for the spiral staircase.
Which you can save in the objects folder

Overgrowth/Data/Objects

Enjoy !!!
Attachments
SpiralStaircace_01.xml
SpiralStaircase
(8.65 KiB) Downloaded 75 times
16_red_desert.xml
The map attached "Ancient Desert Cat Town ..... thing"
(94.58 KiB) Downloaded 82 times

Anton
pretty cool guy

Re: RE: Project Showoff

Post by Anton » Wed Jan 25, 2012 1:33 pm

mmurp20 wrote:Hey this is mmurp20
I'd like to show of my new map:

Ancient Desert Cat Town ..... thing

It has:

A spiral stair case
easter egg
lots of detail

So give it a go just replace the "16_red_desert" file located in

Overgrowth/Data/Levels/Project60

with my new one and it should work I also included the object file for the spiral staircase.
Which you can save in the objects folder

Overgrowth/Data/Objects

Enjoy !!!

Hey mmurp20,
Great first map! I love all the details that you put in! The one thing I think it could use is a little more color variation, in particular the umbrellas are all a little too white for my taste... if you select an object, and press ctrl-p (win) or cmd-p (mac) it will open the color picker tool, and you can change the color of objects. This works really well on the non-torn umbrellas. (The torn umbrellas aren't quite setup correctly for this yet.) Other things like the cushions will also change color, but you will be blending it with the existing color, so you'll need to experiment a little. Overall I think it's a great map, I liked reaching the top of the tower, and finding what was up there!

Gogg.B1

Re: Project Showoff

Post by Gogg.B1 » Fri Jan 27, 2012 5:20 pm

so here's a map that i've been working on called TurnersCastle. its my first map but i've been working on it for a long time and ive been learning a lot while making this so any sort of advice or critiques would be greatly appreciated to make it better or at least make better maps in the future. Thanks here's the link to the thread for more pictures viewtopic.php?f=16&t=14378

and here's a picture
Overgrowth 2012-01-27 16-18-33-10.jpg
and the download
Put in: Overgrowth/Data/Levels
TurnersCastle.xml
Updated 1-29-2012
(254.28 KiB) Downloaded 76 times
Lite version (for better performance on some computers)
TurnersCastleLite.xml
Updated 1-29-2012
(239.14 KiB) Downloaded 75 times
Last edited by Gogg.B1 on Sun Jan 29, 2012 9:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Korban3

Post by Korban3 » Sat Jan 28, 2012 2:25 am

This is an interesting idea. Turner has odd taste it castle though :lol:
It's cool though, and I like how almost surreal it can be. I'm only judging by screenies that is.

Phonicrazor

Post by Phonicrazor » Sat Jan 28, 2012 8:06 am

Here i am again with another prefab house for you guys .
This time i went fore Tree houses 8)

Attachments
trhee house.xml
(144.34 KiB) Downloaded 73 times

Korban3

Post by Korban3 » Sat Jan 28, 2012 3:37 pm

I like the tree house it looks really good and cool. Have you tried doing custom objects to customize your structures even more?

Phonicrazor

Post by Phonicrazor » Sun Jan 29, 2012 3:37 am

Korban3 wrote:I like the tree house it looks really good and cool. Have you tried doing custom objects to customize your structures even more?
How do i make custom objects?
Because i am all ready using different assets to create a new object but there are just that many good combinations to make IMO.

Or do you mean making on myself using a modeling program?

Endoperez

Post by Endoperez » Sun Jan 29, 2012 1:28 pm

Phonicrazor wrote:Or do you mean making on myself using a modeling program?
A modeling program. If you can paint, it wouldn't be hard to learn to make simple shapes that you can texture (paint / color) to your liking. If you can't, you would still be able to model simple shapes but since they'd be gray, that probably wouldn't help you much.

Korban3

Post by Korban3 » Sun Jan 29, 2012 10:40 pm

Well, if they were flat grey, he could still use a few decals to add some texture to it.

sammyrye

Post by sammyrye » Mon Jan 30, 2012 11:03 pm

Just made this platformer map with a little bit of a story. It's called THE WOLFPIT, and you have to infiltrate a fortress guarded by a pack of insane wolves. You don't stand a chance without a weapon, but if you've got skills you might be able to find one somewhere...

Check it out, it's a small level with pretty basic platforming.
wolfpit.xml
(104.63 KiB) Downloaded 79 times
Attachments
OvergrowthScreenshot00002.jpg

Gogg.B1

Post by Gogg.B1 » Mon Jan 30, 2012 11:31 pm

sammyrye wrote:Just made this platformer map with a little bit of a story. It's called THE WOLFPIT, and you have to infiltrate a fortress guarded by a pack of insane wolves. You don't stand a chance without a weapon, but if you've got skills you might be able to find one somewhere...

Check it out, it's a small level with pretty basic platforming.

nice map,i think its a good challenge map, it was fun. Those wolves are insane though, pretty interesting aspect having them down there

sammyrye

Post by sammyrye » Tue Jan 31, 2012 12:08 am

I wish I could make it so the wolves wouldn't go after weapons- it kind of ruins it when they all just keep running into the side of the tower, trying to get the sword 100 feet above them. I wanted them to constantly be following beneath you, just waiting for you to fall.

If you have a beast computer you could probably put 100 wolves in there, that would be pretty scary. I just kept the number low so it wouldn't have lag issues.
Last edited by sammyrye on Tue Jan 31, 2012 12:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Korb Biakustra

Post by Korb Biakustra » Tue Jan 31, 2012 10:15 am

Nice one Sammyrye, I will definitely try this map.

By the way HoppzBrkly, is your Portal project still going on? I see that the video is no longer available. Sounded like a great project-that-would-help-me-bringing-friends-to-Overgrowth actually. :D But I understand that perhaps you didn't want to play with Valve's licences and stuff like that.

Gogg.B1

Post by Gogg.B1 » Tue Jan 31, 2012 4:29 pm

sammyrye wrote:I wish I could make it so the wolves wouldn't go after weapons- it kind of ruins it when they all just keep running into the side of the tower, trying to get the sword 100 feet above them. I wanted them to constantly be following beneath you, just waiting for you to fall.

If you have a beast computer you could probably put 100 wolves in there, that would be pretty scary. I just kept the number low so it wouldn't have lag issues.
ha yeah if a character doesn't have a weapon it seems to be all that they can think about till they get one. well maybe you could give them all chisels or something so they have a weapons that they wont use. the map was fun and when i got the sword i killed one but then another one punched me in the face and took my sword. but it was pretty awesome getting through there knowing id get mauled if i fell, some nice platforming parts in there.
hmm i was just thinking it'd be easier to make maps if there was a way to make checkpoints easily, is'nt there a mod for that or is it not updated?

sammyrye

Post by sammyrye » Wed Feb 01, 2012 5:47 pm