[Auto Updater] SUMLauncher - 3.0.8

A secret forum for people who preorder Overgrowth!
Johannes

Re: SUM Overgrowth Utilities

Post by Johannes » Wed Jan 11, 2012 4:36 pm

ZramuliZ wrote: EDIT2:
A weird problem:
I saved over the Red Desert level. When I use SUMLauncher, it loads the original Red Desert. When I open Overgrowth normally, it opens the new level I'm working on.
This is really... odd... We are not modifying the level files, or how OG opens them :?

When you click on the 'Red Shards' Icon it is currently hardwired to open Data/Levels/Project60/4_red_hills.xml

What did you save your modified level as?

ZramuliZ

Post by ZramuliZ » Wed Jan 11, 2012 6:27 pm

The original Overgrowth.exe seems to load/save maps to %appdata%, while SUMLoader.exe load/save them to Program Files. Not really sure though.

Johannes

Post by Johannes » Wed Jan 11, 2012 7:16 pm

ZramuliZ wrote:The original Overgrowth.exe seems to load/save maps to %appdata%, while SUMLoader.exe load/save them to Program Files. Not really sure though.
Huh, yeah it seems that that happens when Overgrowth is run as an administrator, which our Launcher seems to do. We're looking into it...

DomiStyle

Post by DomiStyle » Thu Jan 12, 2012 12:59 am

Samusaaron3 wrote:
DomiStyle wrote: How do you read the config file by the way?
It seems like alot of people have problems with it. :/
At the moment I'm doing simple string parsing, though certain values are not valid for the JComponents I'm using (such as the JComboBox). The people who are having issues most likely made modifications to their config file in such a way that invalid values are read.

I'm working on having better error handling for it, things should be cleaner by the next release.
It seems like I am not able to send private messages so I will post it here if that is okay.
Here is my config check class, feel free to use it if you need it. ;)

Code: Select all

public static boolean isConfigValid() {
		Properties configFile = new Properties();
	    FileInputStream inputStream = null;
	    boolean isValid = false;

if(Gui.configFile != null){
	    	try {
	    		inputStream = new FileInputStream(Gui.configFile.getAbsoluteFile());
	    	} catch (FileNotFoundException e1) {
	    		e1.printStackTrace();
	    	}

try {
	    		configFile.load(inputStream);
	    	} catch (IOException e) {
	    		e.printStackTrace();
	    	}
	    	try {
	    		inputStream.close();
	    	} catch (IOException e) {
	    		e.printStackTrace();
			}
	    	}
	    else { 		
	    	System.err.println("DEBUG: Tried to load no file");	
	    }

boolean screenwidth = configFile.containsKey("screenwidth");
	    boolean screenheight = configFile.containsKey("screenheight");
	    boolean fullscreen = configFile.containsKey("fullscreen");
	    boolean vsync = configFile.containsKey("vsync");
	    boolean multisample = configFile.containsKey("multisample");
	    boolean anisotropy = configFile.containsKey("anisotropy");
	    boolean post_effects = configFile.containsKey("post_effects");
	    boolean shaders = configFile.containsKey("shaders");
	    boolean texture_reduce = configFile.containsKey("texture_reduce");
	    boolean gamma_correct = configFile.containsKey("gamma_correct");
	    boolean fps_label = configFile.containsKey("fps_label");
	    boolean sound_label = configFile.containsKey("sound_label");
	    boolean visible_raycasts = configFile.containsKey("visible_raycasts");
	    boolean visible_sound_spheres = configFile.containsKey("visible_sound_spheres");
	    boolean editor_mode = configFile.containsKey("editor_mode");
	    boolean invert_y_look = configFile.containsKey("invert_y_look");
	    boolean music = configFile.containsKey("music");
	    boolean media_mode = configFile.containsKey("media_mode");
	    boolean baked_shadows = configFile.containsKey("baked_shadows");
	    boolean debug_key_presses = configFile.containsKey("debug_key_presses");
	    boolean auto_camera = configFile.containsKey("auto_camera");

if( screenwidth && screenheight && fullscreen && vsync && multisample && anisotropy && post_effects && shaders && texture_reduce &&
	    		gamma_correct && fps_label && sound_label && visible_raycasts && visible_sound_spheres && editor_mode && invert_y_look && 
	    		music && media_mode && baked_shadows && debug_key_presses && auto_camera ){
	    	isValid = true;
	    }

return isValid;
	}
Gui.configFile contains the config file als File object.

As long as every option in the config still exists and is named properly it will return true.
Works just fine for me.

alividlife

Post by alividlife » Thu Jan 12, 2012 5:59 am

Just a quick mention, I recently updated to the Alpha 1.2, and I just dropped it into the correct folder, but upon launching SUM I get an error saying I need to update.
Please visit the forum thread and download the exe wrapper.
This program will not be able to update further without it.
Disregarding the error (and trying to reinstall it a couple times) it's completely fine.
Upon checking the version from the "Help" > "About SUM OG Utilities", it shows the updated Alpha 1.2 being installed, and everything is working accordingly.

It works fine, but did I do something wrong again :?

Aaron

Post by Aaron » Thu Jan 12, 2012 12:13 pm

alividlife wrote:Just a quick mention, I recently updated to the Alpha 1.2, and I just dropped it into the correct folder, but upon launching SUM I get an error saying I need to update.
Please visit the forum thread and download the exe wrapper.
This program will not be able to update further without it.
Disregarding the error (and trying to reinstall it a couple times) it's completely fine.
Upon checking the version from the "Help" > "About SUM OG Utilities", it shows the updated Alpha 1.2 being installed, and everything is working accordingly.

It works fine, but did I do something wrong again :?
In order to resolve some issues, we had to change how the program functioned. We are requiring that all Windows users visit the forum post and download the exe wrapper because, without it, you will be unable to update to the next Overgrowth alpha by using the program.

The download link is available in the first post under "Windows". viewtopic.php?f=16&t=14201
DomiStyle wrote:It seems like I am not able to send private messages so I will post it here if that is okay. Here is my config check class, feel free to use it if you need it. ;)
Thanks for the code! While things have been fixed for the next release, I feel like I could still make use of this :)

Aaron

Post by Aaron » Fri Jan 13, 2012 5:16 am

SUMLauncher Alpha 1.3 is now available:

Code: Select all

• Config editor now loads much more robustly.
• Fixed crash if getContentType() of the spf url fails.
• Fixed lockup if an alpha update is attempted when adequate user privileges are not available.
• Made the SUMLauncher.exe wrapper a requirement for all Windows users.
Please see the Download and Installation section of the Main Post for more details.
Last edited by Aaron on Tue Jan 17, 2012 10:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

kablamo

Post by kablamo » Fri Jan 13, 2012 9:22 pm

The app works fine but when the update download is finished it seems as if nothing happened, i am still at the previous build, both in-game and on the SUMlauncher. Please help me!!!!!

Aaron

Post by Aaron » Fri Jan 13, 2012 10:30 pm

kablamo wrote:The app works fine but when the update download is finished it seems as if nothing happened, i am still at the previous build, both in-game and on the SUMlauncher. Please help me!!!!!
What version of the SUMLauncher are you using? (available under the "Help" menu, "About SUM OG Utilities"). What operating system do you use? Are you running the .jar, .exe. or .app file?

I would love to help you, I just need a little more info :)

Silverfish

Post by Silverfish » Sat Jan 14, 2012 7:00 am

In my opinion, since this program is useful for people who aren't interested in mods at all and might not come to this part of the forum - and since this technically isn't a mod - this topic should be stickied to the SPF and not the modding subforum.

It should also have something like "[AUTO UPDATER]" in the title just to make sure people don't miss it, and the "[Windows]This is how you update (with images) " topic along with the "Auto updater test (Mac OS X)" should be unstickied because they aren't really as useful with this application out.

It's easier for people to find this application if they don't have to choose between three different topics with no idea which one they should pick. If there's just one updating topic that has a working solution for almost everyone it makes things it easier for new people.

Johannes

Post by Johannes » Sat Jan 14, 2012 7:03 am

Silverfish wrote:In my opinion, since this program is useful for people who aren't interested in mods at all and might not come to this part of the forum - and since this technically isn't a mod - this topic should be stickied to the SPF and not the modding subforum.

It should also have something like "[AUTO UPDATER]" in the title just to make sure people don't miss it, and the "[Windows]This is how you update (with images) " topic along with the "Auto updater test (Mac OS X)" should be unstickied because they aren't really as useful with this application out.

It's easier for people to find this application if they don't have to choose between three different topics with no idea which one they should pick. If there's just one updating topic that has a working solution for almost everyone it makes things it easier for new people.
Hmm, agreed. Once we add more actual modding features I think we'll add a topic to the modding subforum, simply for the sake of addressing questions like: 'how can I make my mod work with the SUM Mod Manager?'

For some annoying reason, while I am a moderator I do not have the ability to sticky/unsticky threads =/ so someone else will have to do this.

Silverfish

Post by Silverfish » Sat Jan 14, 2012 7:09 am

I would feel bad just doing this with two people aware, we should at least consult Jeff before we take any action other than moving this topic. I'll move this topic and then we talk to him about unstickying the two other threads to avoid confusion.

EDIT:
If anyone feels this is entirely wrong please DO speak up as we don't want to upset anyone with this, just trying to improve the forums!

kablamo

Post by kablamo » Sat Jan 14, 2012 12:17 pm

Samusaaron3 wrote:
What version of the SUMLauncher are you using? (available under the "Help" menu, "About SUM OG Utilities"). What operating system do you use? Are you running the .jar, .exe. or .app file?

I have a Mac OSX 10.5.8, and version 1.3 of the SUM launcher. As for the .jar, .exe or .app, where can i find which one I'm running?

Aaron

Post by Aaron » Sat Jan 14, 2012 1:58 pm

kablamo wrote:
Samusaaron3 wrote:

I have a Mac OSX 10.5.8, and version 1.3 of the SUM launcher. As for the .jar, .exe or .app, where can i find which one I'm running?
Does the SUMLauncher have the icon shown at the top of the first post of this thread? Or does it haven a coffee cup as an icon?

kablamo

Post by kablamo » Sat Jan 14, 2012 7:45 pm

Samusaaron3 wrote:
kablamo wrote:
Samusaaron3 wrote:

Does the SUMLauncher have the icon shown at the top of the first post of this thread? Or does it haven a coffee cup as an icon?
I have the overgrowth icon with a wrench.
I should mention that i am two alphas behind schedule (a162) maybe this has something to do with it