[Character] The "Bear Clan" character returns!

Andrige

Re: [Character] The "Bear Clan" character returns!

Post by Andrige » Fri Dec 13, 2013 3:37 pm

456blaa wrote:I have not installed this character but I LOVE it! reasons are that it works for the worlds cannon and the size proportions fit for the world and game. of course the bear is so big the rabbits only go up to the bears gut. the wolfs reach almost its shoulders. If this much time an effort was put into other modded in characters it would be just balz 2 t walz.

I mean no offence to the other modded characters, the bat is amazing, the tengu is cool, the fog looks fine, the fox is what made me want to start adding mods to overgrowth and the many other models being made are all amazing.

I'm just saying this one is amazing to me cause of how much lore thought you put into it along side all the technical stuff needed to make a character.

By no means do I know anything about modding or modeling or programming code etc. I just want to say from my heart, the careful thought and detail you put into this character is amazing and I thank you.
Big, big thanks man. That warms me up. :)
I am looking forward to one day, when the character and the mess that is the animation skeleton is done, to just develop more assets and bring the idea of their lore to life in Overgrowth's setting. I'm really glad to see someone liked the lore-snippet!

456blaa

Post by 456blaa » Mon Dec 16, 2013 3:10 am

Andrige wrote:
456blaa wrote:I have not installed this character but I LOVE it! reasons are that it works for the worlds cannon and the size proportions fit for the world and game. of course the bear is so big the rabbits only go up to the bears gut. the wolfs reach almost its shoulders. If this much time an effort was put into other modded in characters it would be just balz 2 t walz.

I mean no offence to the other modded characters, the bat is amazing, the tengu is cool, the fog looks fine, the fox is what made me want to start adding mods to overgrowth and the many other models being made are all amazing.

I'm just saying this one is amazing to me cause of how much lore thought you put into it along side all the technical stuff needed to make a character.

By no means do I know anything about modding or modeling or programming code etc. I just want to say from my heart, the careful thought and detail you put into this character is amazing and I thank you.
Big, big thanks man. That warms me up. :)
I am looking forward to one day, when the character and the mess that is the animation skeleton is done, to just develop more assets and bring the idea of their lore to life in Overgrowth's setting. I'm really glad to see someone liked the lore-snippet!
Oh I am a huge fan of lore! I feel a bit ashamed I don't know more about Overgrowth's lore but I only know of the comic to help me fill that in. As a fan of the Bat made by Le Petite Doctor I was dieing to see if a lore for them could fit in the world but with my lack of knowledge about this games lore and my search for bat lore for it being fruitless I was kinda bummed.

I read your lore and saw the time and effort put into explaining the Bear clans place in the world which not only suits bears and the way they are now (mostly solitary creatures) but it also handles their evolution with building a social structure with advanced communication (the meetings as stated in your lore and trader talk). Them being Traders is great and the fact the model is bigger then the wolfs is so accurate and... mmmm. I know I'm probably just fanboying now but I love how much time, love, and effort you are putting into this!

One day I hope me or someone can make Bat lore as extensive and really help work on transferring everything about bats into this world. Le petite Doctor has done AMAZINGLY on his model, but everything can be improved... I'm off topic again!

In summary I really happy people with as much passion and skill as you modders take their time to try and make this game which is still in aplha that little bit better, make the world that little bit more fleshed out, and make our experiences in the world of overgrowth that much more fun!

akazi

Post by akazi » Mon Oct 20, 2014 2:11 pm

The download seems to be broken unfortunately. I was going to mess around with it for a bit.

Andrige

Post by Andrige » Tue Oct 21, 2014 2:26 am

Ah, yeah my website is down due to an old forum I tried to set up got invaded by some spam-hack. I'll contact the webhost to get it back up in the near future (at work right now, so can't do it right away). I'll post an update here when I do.

akazi

Post by akazi » Tue Oct 21, 2014 3:06 pm

Alright, thanks.

Andrige

Post by Andrige » Mon Feb 09, 2015 12:24 pm

Incredibly sorry for the bump (thread necromancy), but I've fixed my site so the files for the project is once again available. See first page for the link - it'll work now. ^^

Endoperez

Post by Endoperez » Mon Feb 09, 2015 3:43 pm

Yay! :)

Thread necromancy is quite appopriate in this case, since you also brought back a character who had been lost to the digital world! :lol: