Application Support Folder (OSX)

poddus

Application Support Folder (OSX)

Post by poddus » Wed Jan 11, 2012 4:10 am

could someone please explain the difference between the recourses in the package contents of Overgrowth and the ones in the Lugaru 2 App Support folder? or perhaps point me somewhere where this has been explained? I haven't figured it out. Also, I've been trying to work around the case sensitive file system on my main drive by running Overgrowth from a case insensitive drive and adding lower-case symbolic links along the App Support path, but Overgrowth doesn't seem to like that, and now there's a folder within the Lugaru 2 folder that recreates the file path to my app support folder but only has a textures folder and no files... do other people have this as well? I don't remember seeing it.

Also, just as an aside, is there a reason the applications recourses are in the MacOS folder instead of the Resources folder?

thanks in advance,
-poddus

Johannes

Re: Application Support Folder (OSX)

Post by Johannes » Wed Jan 11, 2012 10:06 am

poddus wrote:could someone please explain the difference between the recourses in the package contents of Overgrowth and the ones in the Lugaru 2 App Support folder? or perhaps point me somewhere where this has been explained? I haven't figured it out. Also, I've been trying to work around the case sensitive file system on my main drive by running Overgrowth from a case insensitive drive and adding lower-case symbolic links along the App Support path, but Overgrowth doesn't seem to like that, and now there's a folder within the Lugaru 2 folder that recreates the file path to my app support folder but only has a textures folder and no files... do other people have this as well? I don't remember seeing it.

Also, just as an aside, is there a reason the applications recourses are in the MacOS folder instead of the Resources folder?

thanks in advance,
-poddus
The Data folder inside the Application's Contents contains the actual core game files.
The Data folder inside '~/Library/Application Support/Lugaru 2' is the cache and settings folder. For example all the settings such as key bindings are saved in Lugaru 2/Data/config.txt
You can delete Lugaru2/Data without any problems - the cache and settings files will be re-created as necessary.

Concerning the other stuff, I don't have any idea =)

poddus

Post by poddus » Wed Jan 11, 2012 11:22 am

cool thanks :)

now if only I could log into the wiki and put that in there...

Johannes

Post by Johannes » Wed Jan 11, 2012 7:15 pm

poddus wrote:cool thanks :)

now if only I could log into the wiki and put that in there...
You should be able to just log in with your forum username/password.

poddus

Post by poddus » Fri Jan 13, 2012 4:17 am

I've been trying to contact the admins about it, whenever I try to log into the wiki it tells me I have the wrong password... :-/

Johannes

Post by Johannes » Fri Jan 13, 2012 5:16 am

poddus wrote:I've been trying to contact the admins about it, whenever I try to log into the wiki it tells me I have the wrong password... :-/
You should get in touch with Phill Crumm - He's in charge of the forums/wiki/irc/other stuff. You can catch him on the irc fairly regularly, or email him here: [email protected]

poddus

Post by poddus » Fri Jan 13, 2012 9:52 am

thanks a bunch :D