Animation file (.anm) issue

DeBrevan

Animation file (.anm) issue

Post by DeBrevan » Thu Feb 09, 2012 10:55 am

Hi all,

As I'm editing some files to make some new weapons, I opened some .xml files and saw tha you can make specific animations for gripping, but as I tried to open those .anm files there was some errors...

I first tried to open some .anm files with Silent 3ditor, but it can't load them because of a header issue. Then I tried with TQ Animation Tools, but the same problem appeared...

Do I have to use a specific software to open Overgrowth's .anm files (to see how the animations are made and be able to do some of my own) ?

Thank you for your answers ! :wink:

last

Re: Animation file (.anm) issue

Post by last » Thu Feb 09, 2012 1:58 pm

Overgrowth uses its own animation file type- this means that right now there are import/export plugins for blender 2.55 only. The same goes with skeletons.

Endoperez

Post by Endoperez » Thu Feb 09, 2012 2:02 pm

Yes, you do need a specific software. ANMs are exported from Blender 3D, which is free. The .blend files are also included in the alphas.

http://blog.wolfire.com/2010/07/Blender ... ion-editor

edit: or, what he said

DeBrevan

Post by DeBrevan » Thu Feb 09, 2012 10:43 pm

Thank you for the answers ! :wink:
last wrote:Overgrowth uses its own animation file type- this means that right now there are import/export plugins for blender 2.55 only. The same goes with skeletons.
Endoperez wrote:Yes, you do need a specific software. ANMs are exported from Blender 3D, which is free. The .blend files are also included in the alphas.

[...]
Ok, now I have the right version of blender, with plugins for import/export .anm and skeletons files.
I import a Turner model and the skeleton, but when I try to import an animation (wich Turner should be able to execute), nothing happens...
What am I missing ?

Korban3

Post by Korban3 » Thu Feb 09, 2012 11:34 pm

I'm not sure how to get this working yet. I would try opening one of the available .blend files that are under Data/Blend files and try the import/export codes there. I'd like to ask David to spend a little time making video tutorials on importing and exporting both the .anm and the .phxbn files sometime. I know we'd lose two r three days of development, but I doubt more than than 10 people here have successfully operated the .phxbn codes and even less for the .anm ones.
Please David? Pwetty pwease wit a chewwy on tawp?

DeBrevan

Post by DeBrevan » Fri Feb 10, 2012 10:02 am

Nope, I still don't get it...
I tried to open a .blend then import an .anm, but it didn't seem to work... :|