[MAP] Domceck's story map pack

Domceck

[MAP] Domceck's story map pack

Post by Domceck » Sun Jul 08, 2012 1:15 pm

Hey guys,
I made my first three maps and thought I could need a bit feedback. So I tried to connect them with a genius story :wink: and added a good trailer.
But I would really appreciate some feedback.

Hope you like it

Trailer is here:
http://youtu.be/9VvJiZsodHc
Attachments
Domceck_03.xml
Third Map
(143.9 KiB) Downloaded 76 times
Domceck_02.xml
Second Map
(294.54 KiB) Downloaded 74 times
Domceck_01.xml
First Map
(114.1 KiB) Downloaded 88 times

spudy

Re: [MAP] Domceck's story map pack

Post by spudy » Tue Jul 10, 2012 2:03 pm

LOL awesome vid for ur maps gonna try them out now :D

Anton
pretty cool guy

Post by Anton » Thu Jul 12, 2012 6:19 pm

This is a great little story you have here. I wished the levels were a little more interconnected, but I realize that people have been having problems with the Load Level hotspot. I might take a look at it and see if I have the same issue.

And, I've put these into the Menu Mod. :)

Domceck

Post by Domceck » Fri Jul 13, 2012 2:16 am

Hey,
thank you! I'm glad you like them. Honestly, I tried the level load hotspot. Either I get an error when the level starts to load, or my game crashes when I enter it.
I thought about it and that's why I build the second portal at the end of each level. I thought I leave them and wait for this hotspot to work properly :)

zzwerty

Post by zzwerty » Sun Jul 15, 2012 3:59 am

Did you test these at all?
Sorry, but level 1 I find impossible unless using the big swords, which shouldn't really be compulsory. This isn't your fault but I find level 2 unplayable because of the graphical glitch that happens with multiple wolves.
Likewise level 3 is probably too hard, you have to realise when you put an enemy's damage resistance as 2.5 he will seem nearly invincible to the player. That's 2.5 times the normal health.
Level 3 was probably the best though, with the battles taking place in smaller areas.
Good work overall.

Domceck

Post by Domceck » Sun Jul 15, 2012 8:23 am

Yep, I tested all and passed all without weapons. Level one was too easy, therefore I reduced players health a little.
I don't have a graphical glitch in level two. Only thing I got with wolves is that I can't kill them by throwing, because weapons go right through. If I had known that a bug with multiple wolves existed, I probably had replaced them.
I think, level three is hard, but not unfair, because you can kill every enemy with a stealth kill apart from the first three green rabbits. You might wanna try that out :-)

Anton
pretty cool guy

Post by Anton » Sun Jul 15, 2012 12:22 pm

zzwerty wrote:This isn't your fault but I find level 2 unplayable because of the graphical glitch that happens with multiple wolves.
This sounds like you might need to empty your cache, as there might still be some files laying around from before David changed the rig on the wolf. If you are using SUMLauncher, you can go under the file menu to "Delete Local Files" and choose the types of cache to clear. I find a lot of graphical glitches go away. The downside is that you will probably have to recalculate shadows and nav meshes, and things like Character LOD will be re-calculated the first time you load it, so levels will load slower the first time.

zzwerty

Post by zzwerty » Mon Jul 16, 2012 12:17 am

Domceck wrote:I think, level three is hard, but not unfair, because you can kill every enemy with a stealth kill apart from the first three green rabbits. You might wanna try that out :-)
The player shouldn't really be forced to stealth kill though.
I will try that, thanks Anton.

wfsw32

Post by wfsw32 » Mon Jul 16, 2012 4:45 pm

I got this from the SUMLauncher but when I try to load the map an error pops up saying it can't find a certain texture or object. :/

Anton
pretty cool guy

Post by Anton » Mon Jul 16, 2012 5:18 pm

wfsw32 wrote:I got this from the SUMLauncher but when I try to load the map an error pops up saying it can't find a certain texture or object. :/
This was an error with this weeks alpha, not this map, and the fix is here: viewtopic.php?f=13&t=15959#p170981