Fetch!

turbochop

Fetch!

Post by turbochop » Fri Aug 10, 2012 6:31 am

Play a game of fetch with a seemingly confused wolf. It's exactly what it says on the tin, folks! :lol:

The wolf seems friendly enough, he will fetch the "bone" and even bring it back to you. GOOD WOLFIE! WHO'S A WUVABLE OAF? YOU ARE, YES YOU ARE.

After complaining on another thread about how the AI just runs after weapons, the idea just hit me.
Hope you guys like it!
Fetch!.zip
(15.42 KiB) Downloaded 84 times

Constance
Overgrowth Modder Deluxe

Re: Fetch!

Post by Constance » Sat Aug 11, 2012 12:01 am

The wolf wouldn't follow the knife that I threw, but I managed to get behind him and throw the knife into his face.

turbochop

Post by turbochop » Sat Aug 11, 2012 12:16 am

It works for me right off the bat. Did you maybe press C by accident? The wolf is friendly, so he wont attack you. But if you push C he wont go after weapons either

Constance
Overgrowth Modder Deluxe

Post by Constance » Sat Aug 11, 2012 12:25 am

turbochop wrote:It works for me right off the bat. Did you maybe press C by accident? The wolf is friendly, so he wont attack you. But if you push C he wont go after weapons either
I didn't press C.

turbochop

Post by turbochop » Sat Aug 11, 2012 2:29 am

I can't figure out what the deal might be. I tried using default settings and re-downloading the map, I can't seem to reproduce the problem. I'm sorry that it isn't working for you. :(

Anton
pretty cool guy

Post by Anton » Mon Aug 13, 2012 4:34 am

Ha! This is genius! I love how simply you implemented this... it's really cool.

Also in the menu mod now! :)

turbochop

Post by turbochop » Tue Aug 14, 2012 2:20 am

Thanks Anton, I'm glad you like it. Though admittedly it's based on an NPC issue that will certainly be fixed later on. So play with it while you can people. :lol:

*Edit*

I have only two problems with the map. One is that all the sand was replaced with the dry cracked dirt texture, and I have no idea how to change that. The other is the white mark decal gets saved at that skewed angle, even though I set it to be parallel with the wooden post. Anyone know how to fix these?
Last edited by turbochop on Tue Aug 14, 2012 3:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

Constance
Overgrowth Modder Deluxe

Post by Constance » Tue Aug 14, 2012 3:07 am

Odd, it turns out enemies won't pick up any dropped weapons at all!

Anton
pretty cool guy

Post by Anton » Tue Aug 14, 2012 10:15 am

turbochop wrote:Thanks Anton, I'm glad you like it. Though admittedly it's based on an NPC issue that will certainly be fixed later on. So play with it while you can people. :lol:

*Edit*

I have only two problems with the map. One is that all the sand was replaced with the dry cracked dirt texture, and I have no idea how to change that. The other is the white mark decal gets saved at that skewed angle, even though I set it to be parallel with the wooden post. Anyone know how to fix these?
There is a known bug with the decal system right now, and so they are not opening correctly once they have been saved. I know I've mentioned it to David, and Aubrey has made some comments about it being bugged as well.
I'm not sure how your ground texture would have changed. Is it still on the same terrain, with all the same placements? It seems odd that it would have changed from sand to cracked dirt. I'll take a look and see if I can figure out why. But it should have to do with the color maps/detail maps etc that go along with the terrain.

akazi

Post by akazi » Tue Aug 14, 2012 8:03 pm

Anton wrote:
turbochop wrote:Thanks Anton, I'm glad you like it. Though admittedly it's based on an NPC issue that will certainly be fixed later on. So play with it while you can people. :lol:

*Edit*

There is a known bug with the decal system right now, and so they are not opening correctly once they have been saved. I know I've mentioned it to David, and Aubrey has made some comments about it being bugged as well.
I'm not sure how your ground texture would have changed. Is it still on the same terrain, with all the same placements? It seems odd that it would have changed from sand to cracked dirt. I'll take a look and see if I can figure out why. But it should have to do with the color maps/detail maps etc that go along with the terrain.
I have the same problem with the terrain being all weird looking everytime I release a level, it doesn't have to be a desert level it can be a grass level or a snow level. I think it is missing either the color map or the detail maps like Anton said.

turbochop

Post by turbochop » Wed Aug 15, 2012 6:25 am

Well, I still have the modified desert outpost map, and the terrain is correct. I think that just changing the map name to "Fetch!" may have caused some kind of consistency error?

Constance
Overgrowth Modder Deluxe

Post by Constance » Mon Aug 20, 2012 11:31 pm

Go ge- uh oh.

Constance
Overgrowth Modder Deluxe

Post by Constance » Thu Aug 23, 2012 11:20 pm

Now it's working for me. Odd.

Noxid

Post by Noxid » Fri Sep 28, 2012 12:24 am

Have to post to say that this mod absolutely made my day. The "return" gets me every time.. A+, thank you :]

turbochop

Post by turbochop » Sun Feb 03, 2013 5:40 am

You are very welcome, glad you like it!

Hey, my map was in a YouTube video!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S8uG_7j2b5U

Although it was posted August 30th of 2012, and I only just discovered it :(

I should watch these things more closely.

*edit*

And now I'm a necromancer...

Sheesh, I REALLY need to pay attention.