CUSTOM CHARACTER: TENGU

EPR89

Re: CUSTOM CHARACTER: TENGU

Post by EPR89 » Sat May 24, 2014 3:32 am

triopen wrote:Ive downloaded the file, but to me it seems that there only is an animation file, and nothing else. Which makes me sad :( , cuz' i realy want to play as tengu. Can any one please help?
Just downloaded it again to test this, and for me it is still a compressed folder with all the content. Are you sure that you have unpacked it correctly?

triopen

Post by triopen » Sat May 24, 2014 5:15 am

EPR89 wrote:
triopen wrote:Ive downloaded the file, but to me it seems that there only is an animation file, and nothing else. Which makes me sad :( , cuz' i realy want to play as tengu. Can any one please help?
Just downloaded it again to test this, and for me it is still a compressed folder with all the content. Are you sure that you have unpacked it correctly?
The file i download isn't packed in a zip, but is just a file named DataTENGU3_custom_animations.rar and i cant load anything from it, i would apriciate if some one could explain it. :(

EPR89

Post by EPR89 » Sat May 24, 2014 6:14 am

A .rar file is a packed file. It just sues a slightly different method of packing the content. Essentially, it's the same thing as a .zip file.
Once you unpack it, everything should be in there. It's only called custom animations because in contrast to other custom characters this one has custom animations as well. In an earlier version those were not finished, so when Le Petit Docteur did make them he updated the title of the download to make it obvious for people that the animations were included as well.

By the way, I'm pretty sure that you can install it using the SUMLauncher as well.

triopen

Post by triopen » Sat May 24, 2014 8:59 am

EPR89 wrote:A .rar file is a packed file. It just sues a slightly different method of packing the content. Essentially, it's the same thing as a .zip file.
Once you unpack it, everything should be in there. It's only called custom animations because in contrast to other custom characters this one has custom animations as well. In an earlier version those were not finished, so when Le Petit Docteur did make them he updated the title of the download to make it obvious for people that the animations were included as well.

By the way, I'm pretty sure that you can install it using the SUMLauncher as well.
THANKS, makes a lot more sense now, but what is the SUMLauncher? ive seen it be mentioned a couple of times, but never realy found out what it actualy was :D

triopen

Post by triopen » Sat May 24, 2014 9:02 am

i just realised i dont know how to unpack a .rar file, because it dosen't have a program that automaticly wants to do it :?

EPR89

Post by EPR89 » Sat May 24, 2014 3:32 pm

First: This is SUMLauncher.
viewtopic.php?f=13&t=14201
It can update the game for you and you can use it to install many custom maps and content packs.

Secondly: What program are you using? Pretty much any unpacker should be able to work with both .zip and .rar files. If there really is no option to do it, try using a free program like 7-Zip or IZArc.

triopen

Post by triopen » Sun May 25, 2014 5:40 am

EPR89 wrote:First: This is SUMLauncher.
viewtopic.php?f=13&t=14201
It can update the game for you and you can use it to install many custom maps and content packs.

Secondly: What program are you using? Pretty much any unpacker should be able to work with both .zip and .rar files. If there really is no option to do it, try using a free program like 7-Zip or IZArc.
Thanks! i dont have any program for .zip files, but my brother reminded me of winrar, and now i use that, and i made it work :)

And thanks again for telling me about the SUMLauncher, i don't think i need it for updating the game since i have my Overgrowth on steam, but i'll chek it out :D

triopen

Post by triopen » Sun May 25, 2014 5:45 am

I just want to say to Le Petit Docteur; your character has the coolest attacks in the hole game. period. :D :D :D :) :) :) :) :o :o :o :o

kensietalbot

Post by kensietalbot » Thu Jul 24, 2014 4:32 pm

How do i change into Tengu? I tried pressing the number buttons, but it didnt work.

EPR89

Post by EPR89 » Thu Jul 24, 2014 5:28 pm

kensietalbot wrote:How do i change into Tengu? I tried pressing the number buttons, but it didnt work.
It's not mapped to one of the number keys. You have to load it into the map and make it a player controlled character.

firebeavis

Post by firebeavis » Sun Aug 31, 2014 9:26 pm

i put files into everything but there wasnt a tutorial so i must of sis it wrong then it broke my game

EPR89

Post by EPR89 » Mon Sep 01, 2014 7:53 am

firebeavis wrote:i put files into everything but there wasnt a tutorial so i must of sis it wrong then it broke my game
Broke your game?
What do you mean?

PeanutKid9

Post by PeanutKid9 » Mon Sep 22, 2014 6:55 pm

Hey, whenever I try to find Tengu, I look under the "Characters" tab, I find nothing... But I find Tengu in the files... I select and it says: "ActorsEditor::CreateObjectFromDesc does not support this object type". I don't know if I am doing something wrong... Thanks. :)

*EDIT*

I found out what I was doing wrong and fixed it.
Thanks for the great character :)

spaghettibounce

Post by spaghettibounce » Mon Nov 17, 2014 9:52 pm

PeanutKid9 wrote:Hey, whenever I try to find Tengu, I look under the "Characters" tab, I find nothing... But I find Tengu in the files... I select and it says: "ActorsEditor::CreateObjectFromDesc does not support this object type". I don't know if I am doing something wrong... Thanks. :)

*EDIT*

How did you fix this?? I am trying to use my chameleon character but I have that same problem!

samjb1992

Post by samjb1992 » Mon Nov 17, 2014 11:32 pm

spaghettibounce wrote:
PeanutKid9 wrote:Hey, whenever I try to find Tengu, I look under the "Characters" tab, I find nothing... But I find Tengu in the files... I select and it says: "ActorsEditor::CreateObjectFromDesc does not support this object type". I don't know if I am doing something wrong... Thanks. :)

*EDIT*

How did you fix this?? I am trying to use my chameleon character but I have that same problem!
you have to use the characters xml file with the word "Actor" at the end of its name to use as a AI or player. the other xml files don't work.