Overgrowth Map Prodution Line (Trade WIP Maps)

Gogg.B1

Overgrowth Map Prodution Line (Trade WIP Maps)

Post by Gogg.B1 » Fri Sep 28, 2012 8:14 am

Hello everybody. I've been working on quite a few maps lately and all of them have ended up bigger and more complex than I was expecting, and working on a big map for so long can get in the way of creativity. So I decided to start another map so I would at least have some variety, I got pretty far into the process but I hit a similar block and often when I work on it I cant think of much to add.

I'd imagine that there are quite a few people who are working on a map but having trouble finding time, energy or ideas to finish the map. Also maybe someone likes building the basic structure to maps but doesn't really like adding visual details or vice versa. Different people might be good at different things. So I'm suggesting that maybe they could link up with someone else and they can talk about what the Original Creator had in mind for the map then set a date and they could do some work on it and send it back in a few days.

So I wanted to open a topic to see some peoples thoughts on this idea. I think it could be really interesting, there are a lot of great map makers out there these days and it would be really interesting to see what they could do if they worked together a bit. Since you can't have 2 people working on the same map at the same time then we should try and network and connect a little so that we can do the next best thing.

I'll have to try and figure out a good format for the Map Production Line posts, maybe include a picture and details on your map so far, what you would like to see the map become or what you would like help with, when you would like the updated version of the map back. Then you could wait for a response from a map maker who's work you enjoy or you could ask them in a PM. It might be better to have a forum post of it somewhere so it's clear who originally created the map and to keep track of who helped so everyone gets credit.

Please let me know your opinions on the idea, I've been thinking about it for a while now but now I'd like to put it into action. Ill be creating a post of one of my maps to try it out. I'm looking forward to seeing if anyone would use this for any of their existing maps, or maybe someone can start a nice simple map that people can take, add a little bit then re-post (with a slightly higher version number) so we could see a map made by many people.

Feel free to make a Map Production Line post if you have a map in mind or PM me, I'd be glad to help anyone out.
Last edited by Gogg.B1 on Mon Oct 15, 2012 2:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Gogg.B1

Re: Overgrowth Map Prodution Line (Trade WIP Maps)

Post by Gogg.B1 » Wed Oct 03, 2012 8:48 am

Rabbot Factory [Map]

Here is one of the maps that I've been working on from time to time. I never really got too far on it so I think it might be decent one to put here if anyone wants to play it or add to it.

The idea of the map is that Turner wakes up in a cell to find that he is in a very strange place, some kind of Rabbot producing factory that dissects real rabbits in order to build a better Rabbot. Help turner put an end to this.

There isn't much in that map that I'm too attached to besides the spike wall, that thing took a while to make. really there isn't too much in the map yet at all, just the basement a middle room and then a maze. The basic structure for the next part is there, kinda. Anyways here are some pictures.

Have fun, if you decide to add to it and re-upload it just rename the .XML file from "RabbotFactory01" to "RabbotFactory02" so we can keep track of them.
RabbotFactory01.xml
Place this .XML file in your Levels folder in your Overgrowth install directory.
(319.18 KiB) Downloaded 62 times
Overgrowth 2012-10-03 09-10-16-27.jpg
Overgrowth 2012-10-03 09-17-49-09.jpg
Overgrowth 2012-10-03 09-17-59-49.jpg
Overgrowth 2012-10-03 09-18-47-13.jpg
Overgrowth 2012-10-03 09-18-58-65.jpg
I have some experience making maps but the only ones that I've managed to release so far are these two.
Grass Arena
viewtopic.php?f=16&t=15052&hilit=grass+arena

Turner's Castle
viewtopic.php?f=16&t=14378

I also have videos of my latest maps that I'd be willing to put in the Production Line on my live stream dedicated to Overgrowth Map Making here http://www.twitch.tv/madasterd
Last edited by Gogg.B1 on Mon Oct 15, 2012 2:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Anton
pretty cool guy

Post by Anton » Wed Oct 03, 2012 3:03 pm

So, I know these are WIP maps, but is it still ok for me to include them in the menu mod?

Gogg.B1

Post by Gogg.B1 » Wed Oct 03, 2012 4:13 pm

Ah good idea, sure why not.

Constance
Overgrowth Modder Deluxe

Post by Constance » Fri Oct 05, 2012 9:11 pm

I was thinking I should put up 'Instinct' up on here. I don't really have an idea of what to make after you defeat the enemy. It comes with a modified version of Steelraven7's vignette shader.
Instinct.zip
WIP (Work in progress)
(15.03 KiB) Downloaded 58 times

Gogg.B1

Post by Gogg.B1 » Sat Oct 06, 2012 2:15 pm

The Vignette effect didn't work for me, but the map was fun and it has some cool ideas like the posts. I'll add something to it in a bit.

akazi

Post by akazi » Sat Oct 06, 2012 2:34 pm

Gogg.B1 wrote:The Vignette effect didn't work for me, but the map was fun and it has some cool ideas like the posts. I'll add something to it in a bit.
Vigenette effect does work you just have to have post effects ON.

Constance
Overgrowth Modder Deluxe

Post by Constance » Sat Oct 06, 2012 4:05 pm

i actually just finished Instinct now, but you can still add your stuff.

Anton
pretty cool guy

Post by Anton » Mon Oct 15, 2012 1:18 am

I've added in the Robot Factory map to the menu mod. I've labeled it as a WIP, and as you change things, I'll update it again.