Badger Playable Character *Download Available*

Korban3

Re: Badger Playable Character *WIP*

Post by Korban3 » Mon Oct 08, 2012 3:53 pm

Yeah, I know Aubrey had mentioned in the past that he'd like to make a tutorial on custom characters some day and given that he's gotten it done without David's assistance, that's pretty reassuring. Curse this community's urge to mod so early in development :D

JavaLodge

Post by JavaLodge » Mon Oct 08, 2012 5:13 pm

More progress. I played around for a looooong time with the normal maps, inverting this and that and I finally found a combination that worked. I want to say that I inverted each channel individually, but that may not be it. I also worked on the rigging, and smoothing out some rough edges. In the process I lost some of the physique that I wanted so I will put back in later. For now, enjoy some updated pics:
Attachments
badgeringame11.jpg
badgeringame10.jpg

akazi

Post by akazi » Mon Oct 08, 2012 5:15 pm

Looking good, are you planing on adding any actual eye's?

JavaLodge

Post by JavaLodge » Wed Oct 10, 2012 5:03 pm

Well, I decided to release him! If you need help installing check out the readme in the file.

http://ogmods.antonriehl.com/downloads.php?f=badger.zip

To be honest, at this point I don't know how to change the UV layout and paint in the eyes. If and when I make a new character I can use everything I've learned on this guy to make the next one even better!

-Java

Black_Stormy

Re: Badger Playable Character *Download Available*

Post by Black_Stormy » Wed Oct 10, 2012 11:18 pm

Good choice. Better to call one done and use all the good skills you have learned on it to make the next one better than to get stuck in a cycle of polishing what was made with less leet skillZ.

Korban3

Post by Korban3 » Thu Oct 11, 2012 11:35 am

^ Me and the first two or three games I did in C++.

Endoperez

Post by Endoperez » Thu Oct 11, 2012 1:44 pm

^Me still.

Korban3

Post by Korban3 » Thu Oct 11, 2012 10:26 pm

Haha, I have avoided that by polishing nothing. I just keep making my beautiful programmer art and call it functional :lol:
I can do better art, however it's more fun to program new features than spend weeks making the game look beautiful.
All of this should not be read in such a way that one leaves it with the implication that I have finished any games. There was only one, and that's because I was given only 1 night and day to do it. 18 hours straight work against a dead line does that.

Anton
pretty cool guy

Post by Anton » Sun May 05, 2013 4:30 pm

In the community content browser now. :)

Turk_Murk14

Post by Turk_Murk14 » Fri Sep 16, 2016 9:44 pm

I dont Know If someone answer me but how do u even play as this character i instaled a lof of mods like for characters and weapons and how do u open them and stuff i still dont know if someones knows please help :?: :!: :idea: :arrow: :roll:

xweert123

Post by xweert123 » Fri Sep 16, 2016 10:22 pm

Turk_Murk14 wrote:I dont Know If someone answer me but how do u even play as this character i instaled a lof of mods like for characters and weapons and how do u open them and stuff i still dont know if someones knows please help :?: :!: :idea: :arrow: :roll:
I regret to inform you that this topic is 3 years old and you're going to have to really look if you want to find this character now.

EPR89

Post by EPR89 » Sat Sep 17, 2016 10:35 am

Turk_Murk14 wrote:I dont Know If someone answer me but how do u even play as this character i instaled a lof of mods like for characters and weapons and how do u open them and stuff i still dont know if someones knows please help :?: :!: :idea: :arrow: :roll:
You have to spawn the character in a map and then set it to playable by selecting the spawn box and hitting CTRL+SHIFT+P. The box should be green if you did it right.

Turk_Murk14

Post by Turk_Murk14 » Sat Sep 17, 2016 12:31 pm

EPR89 wrote:
You have to spawn the character in a map and then set it to playable by selecting the spawn box and hitting CTRL+SHIFT+P. The box should be green if you did it right.
Well that ik but when i istall any mod for me like weapon or character it doesnt show on spawn menu so and if im trying to find it like in folders of overgrowth its only crashing so

Turk_Murk14

Post by Turk_Murk14 » Sat Sep 17, 2016 12:33 pm

xweert123 wrote:
I regret to inform you that this topic is 3 years old and you're going to have to really look if you want to find this character now.
Ik that but i not english speaker soo i think i woudnt understand what they say and in youtube theres not much tutorials about installing mods for OG so