THE BAT!

Le Petit Docteur

THE BAT!

Post by Le Petit Docteur » Wed Nov 21, 2012 12:56 am

here's a new character for everyone to try out! THE BAT, KAMAZOTZ!

DOWNLOAD HERE:

http://ogmods.antonriehl.com/downloads. ... mazotz.rar

i think everything is in order... he's got a unique jump that uses the wingflap animation i uploaded earlier in another post... so, ANYONE CAN TEACH US HOW TO CHANGE THE AIR ROLL ANIMATION SO WE CAN USE HORRIDIUS MOD AND MAKE REALLY COOL LOOKING ACTUAL FLYING CHARACTERS?

THANKS A LOT!

UPDATE:

THIS NEW .RAR ADDS NEW ANIMATIONS TO THE CHARACTER.
ALL THE FILES SHOULD BE PUT ON THE "Animations" FOLDER EXCEPT "kamazotz.xml" WICH GOES IN THE "Characters" FOLDER .
Attachments
bat_animations.rar
(129.28 KiB) Downloaded 462 times
Last edited by Le Petit Docteur on Thu Nov 22, 2012 12:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Constance
Overgrowth Modder Deluxe

Re: THE BAT!

Post by Constance » Wed Nov 21, 2012 1:21 am

HOLY SHIT BRURUAUGHGEHGHHGHEGHHGEHGH

Constance
Overgrowth Modder Deluxe

Post by Constance » Wed Nov 21, 2012 1:25 am

Custom voice acting is awesome, but it needs a different running animation and combat idle.
Last edited by Constance on Wed Nov 21, 2012 1:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

BotheredMe

Post by BotheredMe » Wed Nov 21, 2012 1:31 am

WHERE'S RACHEL??!?!?
In all seriousness, this is fucking awesome. It's fun to play with your characters, really shows promise for the future of OG's mod community. Are you planning on doing anything with these skills of yours? Get into the game design field and all, maybe?

Le Petit Docteur

Post by Le Petit Docteur » Wed Nov 21, 2012 2:30 am

Timbles wrote:Custom voice acting is awesome, but it needs a different running animation and combat idle.
yeah.... i think the jump suits him pretty well, but the runing and idle aren't that good on him... i'll make some animations, i want to start making custom attacks too--- but without so much luck so far
BotheredMe wrote:WHERE'S RACHEL??!?!?
In all seriousness, this is fucking awesome. It's fun to play with your characters, really shows promise for the future of OG's mod community. Are you planning on doing anything with these skills of yours? Get into the game design field and all, maybe?
i'm a visual artist and recently i've trying to makes games as my work, now i'm finishing my posgrade wich is a fighting game:

http://iafighter5.blogspot.mx/

and with overgrowth i'm developing new skills in 3d modeling so i hope in the not so distant future i can secure a work in the industry, i just like games so much! :D

THANKS FOR YOUR COMMENTS!

human_dictionary
Location: united states of the united kingdom of teletubbyland

Post by human_dictionary » Wed Nov 21, 2012 3:32 pm

maek hym flie wit jmp plz!!!!!

Le Petit Docteur

Post by Le Petit Docteur » Wed Nov 21, 2012 10:58 pm

human_dictionary wrote:maek hym flie wit jmp plz!!!!!
there's a mod by horridius that can basically make him fly, but we need to find out how to change the air roll animation with the wingflap anim... ANY IDEAS?! SOMEBODY?!

Macrauchenia

Post by Macrauchenia » Thu Nov 22, 2012 12:13 am

Wow, Le Petit Docteur, that's awesome! He's so gruesome looking, but he fits the Overgrowth world so well.

I instinctively tried to fly when I first jumped as well, that flying animation is perfect for him! I wish I knew more about scripting, I can SORT of understand what's going on, but not enough to make changes to anything. I'm sure making him fly is possible somehow though...

arenter

Post by arenter » Thu Nov 22, 2012 4:36 am

I WAN IT

Le Petit Docteur

Post by Le Petit Docteur » Thu Nov 22, 2012 12:50 pm

OK, here's an update, you can download the extra .RAR file at the bottom of the fisrt post of this TOPIC for some custom animations, basically running and fight stance... HOPE YOU LIKE IT!

Horridius

Post by Horridius » Thu Nov 22, 2012 3:20 pm

Those new animations are so awesome, he looks like he's about to lift off and fly away at any point. I'm gonna try and find that roll animation again this weekend (it's hidden somewhere) but now I'm going back to drawing or I'm gonna get in trouble tomorrow.

Le Petit Docteur

Post by Le Petit Docteur » Thu Nov 22, 2012 11:02 pm

Horridius wrote:Those new animations are so awesome, he looks like he's about to lift off and fly away at any point. I'm gonna try and find that roll animation again this weekend (it's hidden somewhere) but now I'm going back to drawing or I'm gonna get in trouble tomorrow.

Good luck Horridius!

Djemps

Post by Djemps » Sat Nov 24, 2012 11:13 pm

Hey LPD, while you are sorting out how to make custom attack animations, I tried my hand at some alternate attacks using what is already available In-Game.

HERE is a public Dropbox link to my modified Kamazotz Character file.

You will also need the most up to date version of my Custom/Djemps folder for certain specialized attacks. You can get it HERE. Give it a try and let me know what you think.

(Obviously you should back up your original Bat Character XML!!!)

Le Petit Docteur

Post by Le Petit Docteur » Sat Nov 24, 2012 11:33 pm

Djemps wrote:Hey LPD, while you are sorting out how to make custom attack animations, I tried my hand at some alternate attacks using what is already available In-Game.

HERE is a public Dropbox link to my modified Kamazotz Character file.

You will also need the most up to date version of my Custom/Djemps folder for certain specialized attacks. You can get it HERE. Give it a try and let me know what you think.

(Obviously you should back up your original Bat Character XML!!!)
THANKS A LOT! I'LL GIVE IT A TRY!

Manjarowolf

Post by Manjarowolf » Sun Nov 25, 2012 9:53 pm

Where have you been this whole time?!? This and the Tengu Crow Are amazing. :) love the custom voices. the flying mod looks cool with this although it reminds me of the old house of flying daggers films where the flying looked like everyone was being slowly hoisted up by invisible wires. hahaha. If there were some way to position the legs for the models a bit more while in flight, it wouldn't look so funny. but it's still awesome. you've just opened new doors for this game. :wink: Keep it up!