Character WIP: Wolverine

Noz

Character WIP: Wolverine

Post by Noz » Thu Dec 20, 2012 4:15 pm

Hey err'one, I was thinking of getting in on this character creation frenzy.

I'm working on a wolverine model; but, seeing as my graphics card doesn't support OG well at all, I was wondering if someone else would be up to the task of integrating it into the game. I'll post pics periodically to show you how it's coming along. I'm not exactly an ace character modeller, but I thought the practice would be pretty nice.

Last edited by Noz on Thu Dec 20, 2012 4:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

EPR89

Re: Character WIP: Wolverine

Post by EPR89 » Thu Dec 20, 2012 4:41 pm

You mean, just get the folder structure right and test it in the game?

Noz

Post by Noz » Thu Dec 20, 2012 4:44 pm

EPR89 wrote:You mean, just get the folder structure right and test it in the game?
Well, someone would need to rig it and such. I wouldn't be able to work out all the kinks myself, so anyone who wants to mess around with the model once I'm done can do whatever they want with it.

Endoperez

Post by Endoperez » Thu Dec 20, 2012 5:46 pm

Rigging and such is probably just as time-consuming as the modeling - perhaps even more so.

And you'd do the rigging in Blender any way, so it shouldn't be a problem if you're willing to try it. It could be kind of cool, since if you got it working, your character could then be animated in Blender using all of the Overgrowth animations. They're under Wolfire/Data/Blend files, in the file with the newest date.

Noz

Post by Noz » Thu Dec 20, 2012 11:25 pm

Endoperez wrote:Rigging and such is probably just as time-consuming as the modeling - perhaps even more so.

And you'd do the rigging in Blender any way, so it shouldn't be a problem if you're willing to try it. It could be kind of cool, since if you got it working, your character could then be animated in Blender using all of the Overgrowth animations. They're under Wolfire/Data/Blend files, in the file with the newest date.
That would probably be a pretty fun process. I wasn't sure if the bone editor in Phoenix was still in use.

Macrauchenia

Post by Macrauchenia » Fri Dec 21, 2012 12:23 am

Looking good so far!
Noz wrote: That would probably be a pretty fun process. I wasn't sure if the bone editor in Phoenix was still in use.
All the rigging tools in Overgrowth don't work anymore, so everything is done in Blender. The rigging process is actually pretty easy I think, it's successfully exporting that's sometimes a problem.

Noz

Post by Noz » Fri Dec 21, 2012 6:34 pm

Fixing up topology and making him more anatomically accurate. His arm loop has one too many verts, so that needs to be fixed up.