[Custom Attacks] turners secret moves [updated] 1/23/13

samjb1992

[Custom Attacks] turners secret moves [updated] 1/23/13

Post by samjb1992 » Mon Jan 14, 2013 6:44 pm

hay guys, i know i have had posted a few custom attacks with my latest mod weapon, but i thought i would give hand to hand combat moves a try (these look better then the hammer animations, at least i think so).

so there are 3 moves i made:
1. when your moving close to an enemy you now use "Custom_Jump_Kick"
2. when moving you do a "flying headbutt" attack.
3.when in the air you do a "air_kick_slam" attack.

update 1/23/13: here is all the new and improved custom moves i have made over the last little while.
download link:
Custom_Attacks.zip
(71.74 KiB) Downloaded 70 times
here is a new video of the flying headbutt attack:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VJKmS4NV ... e=youtu.be
Last edited by samjb1992 on Wed Jan 23, 2013 1:54 pm, edited 5 times in total.

DaynjaDog

Re: [Custom Attacks] turners secret moves

Post by DaynjaDog » Tue Jan 15, 2013 2:00 am

I don't like it. The camera stretches for all of them and Turner just pokes right through the enemy like water when he does the headbutt. The double air kick happens too quickly and the other rabbit flies too far. That goes with the rest of them. :cry:

Hope this CC helped.

CC = Constructive Criticism.

samjb1992

Post by samjb1992 » Tue Jan 15, 2013 3:19 pm

DaynjaDog wrote:I don't like it. The camera stretches for all of them and Turner just pokes right through the enemy like water when he does the headbutt. The double air kick happens too quickly and the other rabbit flies too far. That goes with the rest of them. :cry:

Hope this CC helped.

CC = Constructive Criticism.

sorry about the air kick being fast, I did not know how fast he should flip back to the ground. what do u mean by the camera stretches? I did notice that turner god to far with the head butt, but this can't be fixed at the moment because the target is his hand not his head, meaning the attack damage is not dealt till his hand hits the enemy. I do not know how to change the target point yet sorry, I will work on it though. thank you for the help and input I will release a fix with in the week to get more feed back

DaynjaDog

Post by DaynjaDog » Tue Jan 15, 2013 3:38 pm

Okay, cool!

samjb1992

Post by samjb1992 » Tue Jan 15, 2013 6:24 pm

DaynjaDog wrote:Okay, cool!
made a update to the flying head butt attack. tell me what you think.

samjb1992

Post by samjb1992 » Wed Jan 16, 2013 3:09 pm

samjb1992 wrote:
DaynjaDog wrote:Okay, cool!
made a update to the flying head butt attack. tell me what you think.
made another one with a new video. the animation works a lot better now. plus looks good to too.

Macrauchenia

Re: [Custom Attacks] turners secret moves [updated] 1/16/13

Post by Macrauchenia » Wed Jan 16, 2013 7:25 pm

That headbutt is pretty awesome. So feral rabbit-like. :mrgreen:

samjb1992

Re: [Custom Attacks] turners secret moves [updated] 1/16/13

Post by samjb1992 » Wed Jan 23, 2013 1:56 pm

Macrauchenia wrote:That headbutt is pretty awesome. So feral rabbit-like. :mrgreen:
thanks, i have made 2 new moves to replace the other two moves from the original file. please give them a try and tell me what you think. they are in the original post under the 1/23/13 update.

Insert_name_here

Re: [Custom Attacks] turners secret moves [updated] 1/23/13

Post by Insert_name_here » Sun Apr 28, 2013 9:20 am

this is looking good so far, but i have two problems with it.

first problem is that the headbutt move is a little OP. it can knock out every single enemy in just one hit, and it makes the fights too easy and not fun at all.

the other problem i have is that the only one who can execute these moves is turner. This is most likely due to this mod's subtitle being "Turner's secret moves" but I think that if the enemies(maybe not the wolves, but certainly the other characters) could do the same attacks as you, it would make the fighting system more challenging and thus more fun.

samjb1992

Re: [Custom Attacks] turners secret moves [updated] 1/23/13

Post by samjb1992 » Sun Apr 28, 2013 4:31 pm

Insert_name_here wrote:this is looking good so far, but i have two problems with it.

first problem is that the headbutt move is a little OP. it can knock out every single enemy in just one hit, and it makes the fights too easy and not fun at all.

the other problem i have is that the only one who can execute these moves is turner. This is most likely due to this mod's subtitle being "Turner's secret moves" but I think that if the enemies(maybe not the wolves, but certainly the other characters) could do the same attacks as you, it would make the fighting system more challenging and thus more fun.
you can change the damage to what ever you like by changing the attack xml file, and if you want other chars to use the attacks simply change that chars xml file to use the attack instead of its default attack.